[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: europa.png (14KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
europa.png
14KB, 600x400px
Would you rather have an Unified Europe or all European countries distinctly separate from each other?

In my opinion, Europe should be unified, the only real problem that I see is the fact that it's not "democratic" and it is true that it serves the interest of banks rather than the European people.

However, this strong personal conviction that Europe is meant to be unified easily outweights any matters regarding democracy or interests.

Ideally, the European Parliament and the European Commision would be truly democratic and under direct control of the people or at least of trustworthy institutions whose interests match those of Europe and the European people as wholes.

I dreram of an unified Europa which exists in ideal conditions of politics, economy, society, language, culture, history.

What are your thoughts on this subject?
>>
I want a unified Europe but with a strong army and some pride, no more pussy shit ffs
>>
Unified euro military alliance. That's it, nothing else
>>
>>72763460

I believe it's the opposite. The EU Parliament serves more the general interest of the people than that of big business and corporations. Way more than actual national Parliaments do. And way more than the beloved sovereign british Parliament that is actually the Goyimest Parliament in the world.

Probably because EU parliamentarian have less favours to make, less need to please lobbies and are actually more free.

The Comission is where the shadyness is at.
>>
whats up with germany wanting to unite europe but at the same time wanting to flood it with non europeans
>>
I fail to see how a complete union would work between Slavs, Germanics, Nordics and Mediterraneans.

Germany is too autistic. We complain about everything, Nords won't stop being gay and Greeks have never heard of a tax form
>>
In my ideal world we'd have a truly federal EU where there is still a lot of competition internally but also a strong united foreign policy . Not this weird Franco-German mess where everyone has to follow ze rules set/lead by an incredibly unentrepreneurial Germany and a super protectionist France and if you don't follow the rules you are demonised.

Germans are good at a lot of things but they have a habit of falling behind and then ruining europe when they attempt to catch up.

The overly complicated structure of commissions, parliaments, etc. needs to go. They need to simplify and streamline at the moment they are just providing jobs to politicos who couldn't make it in their home country.

Basically for the EU to work we have to scrap it all and start again. Not simply keep adding shit until it all falls down.
>>
>>72765832
Agreed. The higher up you go in government the lower corporate influence gets.
>>
>>72763460
Europe can longterm survive only as a federal state. Im ok with it as long as it has its own army and follows European interests, not american ones.
>>
Make it smaller economic blocs first to see if it can work out with similar countries.
An eastern, a western and a northern one maybe. Atm its bloated and full of idealistic commis.
>>
>>72763460
Never kraut, never
>>
>>72767266
it must be like 2 in the morning there, just stop
>>
Also, comparable regions of the world who are small old world ethnostates but dont have a union are the caucasus, Indochina and central asia.
How are these faring?
>>
>>72767266
This. It needs to have a federal army and Navy with many aircraft carriers and remove American influence completely.
>>72767444
>brit being a lapdog for america
shocking
>>
>>72767547
oh cute you got a proxy
>>
>>72767547
desu, a germany and poland with nukes who pool their military with the french one might already be able to stem it.
>>
Unified desu
>>
Don't understand why anyone would want foreigners deciding on the laws in their country. Trade union and military cooperation are fine.
>>
>>72768011
Yeah and that.
Going gross is not always necessary.
>>
>>72763460
If I'd have to pick between USE and a shattered Europe, I'd pick a federation.

But I don't think it's necessary, we need much more co-operation and unity to stay strong and relevant, but a full on federation would be too much trouble in the East, where people still remember the USSR.
>>
>>72768011
Right up until the Civil War that's how it was in the US, people didn't even think of themselves as "American", just as members of their home states. I think the cultural differences of Europe would be able to retain this level of liberal supranational government longer and more effectively.

>Before that day, the flag had served mostly as a military ensign or a convenient marking of American territory, flown from forts, embassies, and ships, and displayed on special occasions like American Independence day. But in the weeks after Major Anderson's surprising stand, it became something different. Suddenly the Stars and Stripes flew—as it does today, and especially as it did after the September 11 attacks in 2001—from houses, from storefronts, from churches; above the village greens and college quads. For the first time American flags were mass-produced rather than individually stitched and even so, manufacturers could not keep up with demand. As the long winter of 1861 turned into spring, that old flag meant something new. The abstraction of the Union cause was transfigured into a physical thing: strips of cloth that millions of people would fight for, and many thousands die for.
– Adam Goodheart.[52]

glhf
>>
>>72769152
>Yankee supporter of state's rights
BASED
>>
>>72767266
You realize the EU always has and always will be a pro-American institution no?
>>
>>72769152
how culturally different were the states though?

Surely someone from Colorado still felt much more kinship with someone from Maine than like a Canadian?
>>
>>72769542
>responding to the EU Bulgarian with logic
you may not have noticed him before because EU threads don't really effect Americans, but he shills for it literally 24/7. Don't feed him (You)s in the future.
>>
>>72769637
Colorado wasn't a state at the time. Rural georgians definitely felt they had extreme cultural differences from urban factory workers in Massachusetts.
>>
>>72769637
It depended more on what generation of immigrant you were than where you settled. The people who live currently in the mountains of Appalachia are almost entirely of Scots-Irish stock that came here in the 1600's, while most people who live in New York or Boston have families that barely go back 2 or 3 generations.
>>
>>72763460
It's a horribly unrealistic idea. You can't just pick several dozens of completely different languages, cultures, and mentalities and melt them into a single state without any issues, at least not now. In a several centuries maybe it could work. Maybe.
What's wrong with a set of separate, but linked and cooperating countries anyway? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>
File: macieretta.jpg (139KB, 1013x569px) Image search: [Google]
macieretta.jpg
139KB, 1013x569px
>>72767636
>poland with nukes
very, very bad idea
>>
>>72763460
Would Russia be included? Even tho they have quite a bit of non-euro's?

>>72770786
>It's a horribly unrealistic idea. You can't just pick several dozens of completely different languages, cultures, and mentalities and melt them into a single state without any issues.
India did. I understand that they're shit but at the very least they don't have a civil war raging on right now.
>>
>>72765958

Germany's end game is to enforce its own self-loathing and on to all European nations.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.