[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malaysia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: malaysia.gif (27KB, 420x273px) Image search: [Google]
malaysia.gif
27KB, 420x273px
What is the deal with Malyasia?
The only thing anyone ever talks about from there is missing airplanes.
Are you guys a dutch or english colony?
Is english your official language?
Why does everyone go to Indonesia or Thailand for vacation, but not malaysia?

What is the deal with Singapore, they are basically the NYC to your country, but they don't have to pay taxes to you?

Can you understand Indonesians, and Singaporeans?

How mixed up is your country?

Do you want to stay there, or move to australia/EU/North america?

Does 90% of the people live on the peninsula?
What is life like on the big island?
>>
>>72619681
>Why does everyone go to Indonesia or Thailand for vacation
there's more foreign tourists in malaysia than indonesia
>>
>>72619681
I think they dislike us
>>
>>72619681
>they don't have to pay taxes to you?

Why would an independent nation pay taxes to another nation?
>>
>What is the deal with Malyasia?
60% muslim, if not for oil would never amount to anything.
>>
>>72620213
I thought they had a bit of manufacturing, or had some chip fabs?
>>
just another shithole country filled to the brim with unappealing dark jungle gooks, like the rest of southeast asia
>>
>>72619681
Just the average third world doing our own thing, we don't want no trouble.
For their assistance the Dutch were given the city Portugal captured before they traded it to the Bongs. Not a direct colony but British pressured local kingdom to accept their advisors.
Bongs only took full control after WW2.
English is 2nd language
Plenty of tourists actually, about 10million of them annually.
Singapore joined for a while then quit the federation and thus its own country.
Somewhat for Indonesian, Singapore is basically the same.
Few mixed, minorities stick to their own and provided education in their mother tounge eg chinese have chinese school that teaches in mandarin.
Chinese and Indians prefer Aus/NZ/UK but the rest stayed, almost all the immigrant to Australia are chinese.
About 70% in Peninsula
Borneo is the usual jungle island.
>>72620078
>Dislike over a war fought 500 years ago.
Nah, the ones who razed all your fort was the Bongs since they fear its capture.
>>72620694
Agriculture like palm oil, highway,tunnels and bridge construction, electronics,rare earth refining, chemicals and the usual mid tier port city industry.
>>
>>72622296
is jungle island cool, or just a rural shit hole like Alabama compared to peninsula?
>>
>>72623602
Well there are philippine bank robbers with rocket launchers, occasional cross border kidnapping/piracy, man eating serial killer crocs, thunderstorm that can zap a heli out of the sky, Indonesian smugglers, the usual robber monkeys and pirate invasion.
Other than that just rural stuff since most have already moved to coastal cities anyway, even jungle houses gets wifi nowdays.
Even peninsula is mostly concentrated to Klang Valley where 60% of the country lives, the rest are small towns with surrounding agriculture areas.
>>
>>72619681

I'm not Malaysian, but I've spent some time there with my Malaysian girlfriend, so I'll give a go replying up to the character limit. Malaysians can correct me if I make any big mistakes.

>Are you guys a dutch or english colony?

Mostly affected by being a British Colony, though some places (especially Melaka) have Dutch and/or Portuguese history.

>Is english your official language?

Bahasa Melayu is the official language, although the various minority groups often speak their own language, like Tamil, or Chinese (mainly Mandarin, Hokkien, Cantonese, Hakka). English is widely spoken as it is taught at secondary level (not just as a second language, but also as the language of instruction in sciences) and there is a lot of English language cultural influence, both past and present.

>Why does everyone go to Indonesia or Thailand for vacation, but not malaysia?

Mostly because they are cheaper places if you're just after some sunny beaches and nice food. Malaysia is generally more expensive to live, and especially when it comes to booze. personally, I think Malaysia is amazing for food and history (girlfriend doesn't like the sun, so haven't done much of that).

>What is the deal with Singapore, they are basically the NYC to your country, but they don't have to pay taxes to you?

Singapore separated from Malaysia not long after Malaysia became independent (well, was kicked out). They are separate countries, though there is a lot of travel between the two of people and goods.

>Can you understand Indonesians, and Singaporeans?

Indonesians speak many different languages depending on where they are from, but the respective official languages of Bahasa Indonesia and Bahasa Melayu are mutually intelligible. Singapore officially speaks English, though has a majority of Chinese who will often speak their language to each other. The flavour of English spoken by Malaysia and Singapore (lovingly known as Manglish and Singlish) share a lot of common quirks.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.