[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird ethnicities in your country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 640px-Flag_of_Acadiana.svg.png (17KB, 640x463px) Image search: [Google]
640px-Flag_of_Acadiana.svg.png
17KB, 640x463px
I'm not talking about modern shitskin immigration, I mean what are some long-present ethnic minorities within your country's borders?
Of course America has its natives, and if you have some uninspiring leftist version of ethnicity we've got thousands, but the best example would be Cajuns who live in Louisiana and Texas. They still speak French and are typically Catholic, in contrast to the typical Anglo-Protestant norm of North America. They showed up as exiled Acadians with French colonists back when they actually had colonies here.
>>
File: Ancient Sardinians.jpg (62KB, 960x582px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Sardinians.jpg
62KB, 960x582px
>>72580592
Sardinians
>>
acadians

metis, half french half native

newfies, like what the fuck are they

the quebecois

ukrainian-anglo hybrids in the prairies who have last names like woolscroft and support the monarchy but go to byzantine catholic churches and eat pierogi
>>
>>72580710
>the quebecois
>weird ethnicities
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 180x180px
>>72580768
they're pretty weird
>>
File: Negrice sem fim.png (1MB, 720x998px) Image search: [Google]
Negrice sem fim.png
1MB, 720x998px
Quilombolas

Back when there was still slavery people fled to isolated negro-only communities, usually in the state of Bahia. A hundred and fifty years later, there still are people living in those communities; speaking Portuguese but practicing African religions.

Never been there but must be weird as shit.
>>
Sardinians and sicilians
>>
>>72580592
I'm Cajun. ask me anything.
Je suis Cajun. demande-moi n'importe quoi
>>
>>72581464
How heavy is the Cajun culture? What county? Fluent French? How common is speaking the language?
>>
>>72580700
>>72580987
What makes them weird? Aren't they romance peoples?

Aren't their Albanians in southern Italy?
>>
File: sardinia ancient.jpg (78KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
sardinia ancient.jpg
78KB, 960x540px
>>72581787
Sardinians were kings
>>
>>72581728
Depends on where you go. The biggest culture concentrates in my state, Louisiana, is in the Southwest part of the state and the parishes nearest the gulf.

In Louisiana, parishes are used in place of counties, but it's the same thing. St. Martin Parish is where I grew up.

It is more common with the older folks, but in recent times, the younger kids are starting to pick it up with preservation efforts. I'm 21, and people around my generation speak French at an intermediate level, like me.
>>
>>72582086
What about street and stop signs?
Are you learning standard French, or your own native dialect?
How different is the dialect from standard French?
>>
>>72583164
Street signs are all in English, there are a few Parish signs, welcome signs, placards on churches with English and French, but it isn't widespread.

I speak my regional colonial French dialect, but I am taking French classes in standard French, so do most people with the revival classes.

Not too different, however people don't have a heavy standard French accent, it sounds very American, also with some words being switched to English. There are also African and native American influences. Not to be confused with the Louisiana Creole language of heavy African and Amerindian influences. The creole version is spoken mainly in slave descended communities, and blacks.
>>
>>72581999
WE WUZ KaNGS TRIPS CONFIRMED
>>
>>72580817
KEKED
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.