[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it to travel in japan without speaking a lick of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: rZOaHhx.png (56KB, 192x154px) Image search: [Google]
rZOaHhx.png
56KB, 192x154px
How hard is it to travel in japan without speaking a lick of Japanese? Anyone actually tried it?
>>
They don't let you in if you can't
>>
No one has tried it. Only weebs go there
>>
easy if you follow any path paved by any travel agency or the gov

if you go off track you might run into trouble
>>
>>72539693
Even then it's pretty easy. It's not Brazil; the worst that can happen is you'll get lost. And you'll probably get lost even if you do speak Japanese
>>
>>72539218
I went to akihabara and tried to order some iced tea but instead got coffee. Most awkward trip ever.
>>
>>72539767
yeah by trouble I meant an awkward situation

I didn't mean men on a moped robbing you at gunpoint
>>
>spend a few months salary on my trip to tokyo
>expect to fuck gaijin hunter sluts
>looked up roppongi hotspots
>realize the night I arrive that it will never happen and I can't even stay at the hostel's group room thing because I'm too afraid to talk to people
>never even went to roppongi
>always went to bed at 10pm
>spend 2 weeks walking around tokyo aimlessly
>i now know what back alleys and residential areas in shinjuku look like

highlight of the trip was the group of five cute japanese schoolgirls going up stairs and this "aw shit will i be able to look underneath their skirts maybe" moment.
wasn't able to tho.

>tfw ordering curry
>tfw accidentally order takeout (just pointed at the menu, was the takeout poster though)
>tfw taking all my stuff off (jacket, backpack, camera gear shit i've been carrying around)
>tfw sitting down at a table
>tfw he brings me the plastic bag with my food after a while
>tfw i put everything back on and leave in shame
>tfw i think it's so late that people won't be in the kitchen anymore so i can eat
>tfw everyone's in the kitchen
>tfw i take the curry to the dorm room and eat it on my lap
>tfw whole room smelled of curry
>tfw sleeping until 12 every day so i won't have to say good morning to anyone and can use the bathroom on my own
>tfw midnight craving for chips
>tfw silently eating a bag of chips on the shitter at 1am
>it took me about 20minutes, couldn't chew loudly
>>
>>72539799
although you can actually get robbed in japan

if a random person tries to get you into their club, don't go because there's actually a high chance they'll drug you
>>
>>72539218
doable. hotel staff will know english so just bounce ideas on where to go off of them. only trouble you might have is their subway system, but just do your homework before you go on a train
>>
>>72539920
The subway is in English
>>
File: tokyo_koiki_eng.jpg (581KB, 1804x1244px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo_koiki_eng.jpg
581KB, 1804x1244px
>>72539981
so is string theory
>>
>>72539981
yeah i know, but you can very easily get confused even with english
>>
>>72540021
Ya im not going to stay in tokyo for long. Just wanna visit sapporo, nagoya, nara, kyoto, osaka and mount fuji.
>>
File: crazy gajin.jpg (186KB, 900x2400px) Image search: [Google]
crazy gajin.jpg
186KB, 900x2400px
>>72539218
Been a couple of times to buy cars there.
Pretty much at least half of them can speak some kind of english and the other half look forward to trying out some busted arsehole english any chance they can get.
>>
>>72540157
You should visit Wakayama and Mie prefectures while you're in Kansai
>>
>>72540399
Maybe but my time schedule is tight literally have to backpack all of japan in 2 weeks.
>>
>>72539894
hahaha imagine if someone was actually like this
>>
>>72540533
>backpack all of Japan
>not going anywhere south of Kyoto
>>
>>72540648
I'll probably go down to hiroshima and the see what the nuke did then onto fukuoka for the ferry ride to worst korea but that's it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.