[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

foreigner's thoughts on brexit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 31

File: 1485198005121.jpg (36KB, 716x358px) Image search: [Google]
1485198005121.jpg
36KB, 716x358px
I voted remain, sad we are leaving the EU. But what do foreigners think of brexit?
>>
Good, the EU is tyrannical

Although I do have some issues with the United Kingdom I'd rather not see them oppressed
>>
I'm glad you guys threw a monkey wrench into the whole project. I mean you've unwittingly fucked your country for a good couple generations but hey two birds stoned at once and whatever
>>
>>72496056
I like Britain and I have some a family there (aunt and two cousins), so of course, I am disappointed.

I hope we'll be able to maintain good relations even after Brexit and that the UK stays as close to the EU as possible.
>>
>>72496056
Extremely good idea
>>
>>72496056
Wish we would join you sooner
>>
>it triggers krauts just to mention brexit
>no longer tied to asinine bureaucracy
>traditionally strong power well before the EU and will continue to be so
>gives you greater power to remove kebab
10/10 decision. hope you don't pussy ouy
>>
>>72496056
I don't understand what was exactly acomplished by it.
>>
The same think about Trump - the absolute madmen did it, hahaa.
>>
>>72496335
this
>>
>>72496335
this
>>
>>72496056
I'm very positive about it.
>>
Not sure if I have genuinely seen more krauts or third world countries like croatia,poland bulgaria mad about Brexit now they cant get the gibs
>>
I thought it was fantastic. A European superstate is a stupid idea doomed to fail, better to leave and make your own way. I also find it pretty hilarious that the so-called Scottish Nationalists are so eager to gain independence from the UK just so they can submit to Brussels.
>>
File: 1470323785032.jpg (8KB, 269x211px) Image search: [Google]
1470323785032.jpg
8KB, 269x211px
Fuck the EU. The fire rises.
>>
>>72496335
>>72496358
>>72496398
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE
>>
>>72496335
pissing off people in power
>>
I look forward to you strengthening ties between our countries and the commonwealth at large. I hope you make good use of this opportunity rather than becoming an EU satellite state.
>>
im ecstatic that the eurokolhoz is finally falling, you did the first step and you will be remembered forever for that
>>
>>72496465
>A European superstate is a stupid idea doomed to fail
Why? Had they not tried to centralize power so much so quickly what's to say it would have failed. Even with the loss of Britain it isn't guaranteed to fall.
>>
I just hope it succeeds without a problem.
I don´t want a global conflict because of money.
>>
>>72496056
Why are you still called a Kingdom?
>>
>>72496604
Yeah.We'll simply get Canada to join in UKs place :^)
>>
>>72496604
If they didn't try to centralize power, it wouldn't be a European superstate.
>>
>>72496056

It's great. The EU needs to dissolve, and Brexit was a nice move.
>>
File: brexit.png (546KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
brexit.png
546KB, 800x1200px
>>
>>72496700
Who says government has to be super centralized? Why couldn't it be a federalist state with most of the power vested in each individual country?
>>
>>72496604
>Had they not tried to centralize power so much so quickly

I always find it funny when people say something like that.
Because "the EU" didn't take anything.
Our parliaments gave it away. Willingly.
>>
I hope UK turns alright, but also that EU screws you hard enough to discourage any other country from leaving.
>>
Awesome!
>>
>>72496774
What it could be is immaterial. What it is is a project with the longterm goal of stripping the individual nations of most of their sovereignty and concentrating power in Brussels. This is the stated goal of the Eurocrats, and it's why the EU will fail in the long run.
>>
>>72496335
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB5FizClOiY
I'll let mah boy Sargon explain it
>>
>>72496056

We don't think much about it.

EU is shit but it will be extremely difficult to not count with them for you as it has been for us in the last decade.

The good thing would be that it explodes.
>>
>foreigner's thoughts on brexit?
Unnecessary tantrum of the uneducated unemployed rural voters, made possible by one mans political miscalculation.
>>
>>72497055
nice try, proxy leaf
>>
Somewhat sudden, childish action.
>>
>>72496056
It was a good thing. The EU needs to be destroyed
>>
>>72497055
>giving a serious intelligent answer
Very refreshing in a sea of /pol/ board jumpers.
>>
>>72496729
Norway isn't even in the EU - how do you figure you know what's best for EU nations?
>>
>>72496969
I think what most people don't understand is that the EU does not work like your federal government.
I can't just legislate anything. The competency of the EU is limited and it can't legislate anything outside of that, unless the national parliaments of the memberstates allow it to do so.
>>
>>72496767
>toblerone
>sterling plummets

That's all I can thing of currently, even Carney said economically it's been nowhere near as bad as he thought it would be.
>>
>>72497055
But if I was to say this people would call me a weak faggot paki cunt
>>
Might be good for Norway, might be bad.
Hopefully you guys can negotiate a better trade agreement than our spineless politicians.
The concerns that have been raised in Norway is that if you guys join the EFTA we won't be the largest member, and it will be even less in our favour.
>>
>>72497442
"It" hasn't even happened yet.
I don't think you can judge the economic impact of this decision until about 10 years after you have left.
>>
>>72497641
I agree, I'm just saying currently the apocalypse hasn't happened yet as people said it would. It might happen in the next few years or it might not, who knows.
>>
>>72496056
You saved yourself from EUSSR
>>
>>72497438
The EU is, by design, a federation where the central government has more or less limited powers, and it's the "more or less" that's getting people so worked up. If Brussels signs a trade agreement like TTIP or CETA, those agreements become national law across all member states, affecting 300+ million people, and there isn't a damn thing that you, me, or anyone not part of the EU parliament can do about it.
Make no mistake; the EU can turn an awful lot of things into national law by force.
>>
>>72497641
>just you wait *shakes fist menacingly*
>>
>>72497720
Personally I wouldn't risk a potential economic apocalypse for....I'm not really sure for what, exactly.
But it will be interesting to see what happens to the UK.
>>
>>72496056
I don't care
>>
>>72496056
Good move actually
>>
>>72497785
The whole deal almost got blown becaquse of a local parliament in Wallonia, and can still be blown apart by the parliaments of the member states, which shows how indecisive and powerless the EU actually is. When you say you, personally can't do anything about it, it's the same with any legislative body, because you, personally can't do anything about laws by the German parliament either.
>>
>>72497473
you're afraid to post your irrelevant opinion on a finnish sauna review site because some meanies might call you a paki and post frog manga?

get some perspective nigga
>>
>>72496179
>the UK stays as close to the EU as possible.
If you liked Britain you wouldn't say something so horrible.
>>
File: 1489470171744.jpg (98KB, 906x866px) Image search: [Google]
1489470171744.jpg
98KB, 906x866px
>It was a good thing. The EU needs to be destroyed
>>
>>72496335
>>72496358
>>72496398
>Tiny slave countries
And you never will. Keep your heads down and work hard and Merkel might give you another handout.
>>
A necessary move.

Ideally The EU could be this magical place where all Europeans work and socialize together and money flows like honey to the Jews in Canae.
Instead the EU turned into a system that raped Southern Europe financially and then started to rape Western/Northern Europe with useless migrants from piss poor shitholes.

Cans finally stopped getting kicked down the road. But I personally fear it's too little too late.
>>
>>72498378
inshallah
>>
>>72497055
>>72497271
>>72497473
>Unnecessary tantrum of the uneducated unemployed rural voters
My city voted 68% for leave, the surrounding countryside only went 60%.

You people need to stop listening to memes and actually look at data.
>>
>>72497785
those deals have to pass all national parliaments though, like a national trade deal would have to
>>
The UK signed up when it was a trade organisation. All this more and more integration and law making we didn't like and became tired of it. So we voted out.
>>
>>72496335
This
>>
>>72498472
I hope you lot have learned not to trust the media, as we've learned.

Could you believe when they were going on about "Leave voters didn't even know what the EU was!" and such trash?
>>
File: typical rorkes.png (32KB, 775x517px) Image search: [Google]
typical rorkes.png
32KB, 775x517px
>>72498444
You'd fit right in.
>>
>>72498563
Many continental European countries want this integration because of the events that shaped them during the 20th century. These events affected the UK in a different way, we were never invaded and occupied, or had far-right or communist movements tear up our political landscape like some European countries. We have had a stable democracy for quite a while.
>>
>>72498727
>"Leave voters didn't even know what the EU was!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdLxTXBaAY
>>
>>72498727
I could because it is all dogshite in terms of media.
>>
>>72498822
But that's just women.
Women that voted to stay were just as sumb.
>>
I think a lot of people voted on both sides for the wrong reasons. But what's done is done. I think leaving a union we've made a lot of trade and economy with will have a tumultuous effect but it won't be the apocalypse.
>>
>>72496056
I'm quite sad to be honest. Europe will just become a couple of small, weak and irrelevant states again.
>>
>>72499462
What is it now?
>>
>>72499487
A large weak and irrelevant confederacy.
>>
I don't care too much one way or the other. I don't see as many repercussions in Europe or in Britain like some people said.
I understand that they wanted to stop being a Germany's vassal to become a USA one. In the case of Spain, I prefer German's leadership to US one.
>>
Brits are stubborn and thick but probably made the right decision here
>>
>>72496056
It's the best perk of being in the European Union; blaming your national problems on a EU that is rather weak compared to national bodies .
Wondering what Britain will blame their problems on now that the EVIL European Union is out of the picture.
>>
File: Brexit.jpg (63KB, 925x571px) Image search: [Google]
Brexit.jpg
63KB, 925x571px
>>72496767
NIGEL BTFO

I for one am glad it happened. We need to to screw up the plan globalist jews want us to follow, and kicking multiculturalism is gonna hinder the capitalist project. Hopefully France will follow.
>>
>>72496056
Honestly? Nobody cares. It's your problem and you will have to live with it. You no longer got a voice in Europe and this might be a good thing for everyone else.
>>
My opinion on whether or not the UK was right to leave the EU is dependent on how this would affect access to Stroopwaffels.
>>
>>72499685
We will move onto blaming the Muslims and the Poles.
>>
>>72496056
Your countrymen have cucked themselves with this referendum... Good luck, you'll need it.
>>
>>72496056
I'm saddened to see UK leave, I think we'r having politically quite hard times but I believe it's going to work out in the end.

Well, whatever the outcome, I still see UK European, if not part of the union.
>>
>>72496056
The EU is a tyrannical bureaucracy that looks more like the Soviet Union every day. I was watching Euronews recently and they showed Schulz shaking hands with Antonio Tajani, and kept harping on about how it was a handover from centre-left to centre-right in the European Parliament.

It had a real vibe of, "See, critics of the EU, we do have ideological diversity."
>>
>>72499462
oh please, you're living under a fucking rock if you seriously think the current EU is at all powerful

Just look at the Ukraine crisis. Literally RIGHT ON THE BORDER OF THE EU, and yet the EU didn't lift a single fucking finger. Heck, Germniggers were even reluctant to do as little as impose sanctions on Russia. It was a pathetic shitshow of pure cowardice and economic opportunism (spearheaded by Germany, as usual). Same thing with the Yugoslav wars: the EU was comparitively extremely uninvolved. Instead, it was (as usual) the US getting involved. I'm sorry, but when the US is more involved in fucking Yugoslavia and in fucking Ukraine (literally right on your borders), then it's a clear sign that your union has absolutely no power projection whatsoever.
>>
>>72500010
in fact, to add to this, I'd even wager that the UK acting independently of the EU probably has more power projection in European matters than does the EU itself
>>
>>72500010
the US didn't involve itself at all in Ukraine what are you talking about?
>>
>>72496767
god i love this picture
>>
>>72496465
>A European superstate is a stupid idea doomed to fail, better to leave and make your own way.
This. The populations of Europe are too diverse to be unified the way the EU hopes.

>I also find it pretty hilarious that the so-called Scottish Nationalists are so eager to gain independence from the UK just so they can submit to Brussels.
This. They keep going on about
>muh free market
when 60% of their trade is with the rest of the UK. Idiots.

>>72496604
>>72496774
>Canada
>Europhile
Colour me surprised.

>>72496969
You're 100% correct, and more aware of this than probably 80% of Europeans.

>>72497438
That's how it started, yes. But it's becoming more apparent to people that those limits are decided by the European institutions themselves and their sycophants in national governments and are therefore illusory. Any supposed limits are a Trojan horse, and people are realising that.

>>72498303
>almost
Exactly. We "almost" ended the Lisbon Treaty, but we didn't, did we? And at that, the Lisbon Treaty was just the EU's circumvention of France's rejection of a European Constitution. The idea that individual nations can impede the EU is a lie.
>>
>>72500312
I mean 50% of UK's trade is also with the EU yet Brexiteers also claimed it will give more free trade etc.
>>
>>72500010
>eu should have went to war over ukraine
we gave them preferential trade terms, we sent support, we sanctioned Puttins friend
Germany and Merkel were the hardest drivers behind the sanctions, it's one of the few issues she went against, and went hard, the popular will of germans who are super reluctant to get involved
You want us to go in with tanks and shit and wave dicks with putin? You armchair general subhuman leaf, you sit cozy on americas brow and you give us shit for doing nothing for a country that's (1) not in NATO, (2) not in EU, (3) was pro russian until yesterday.
Against a nuclear power with an autistic manlet with a boner for shows of power!
You apocalypse worshiping insect, kill your self right now!
>>
I'm happy for you and I hope we will have a Frexit (not "led" by this fat leftist pig called Asselineau, tho)
>>
>>72496056
stars don't represent countries
>>
>>72500405
The EU is important for our imports but for things we actually make money on, our exports, the biggest are non-EU.
>>
File: englishman christian bale.webm (1MB, 959x720px) Image search: [Google]
englishman christian bale.webm
1MB, 959x720px
>>72500453
>the stars on the EU flag literally have no meaning
>the EU wants to strip nationalism and national identity from their members

Pottery.
>>
>>72496056
Whatever makes Britain weaker is better
>>
>>72500453
>>72500565
It was chosen because somebody wanted a cross but the Turks found it offensive so they choose symbols nobody would be offended by.
>>
>>72500589
wat source on this?
>>
File: Katie Swan.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Katie Swan.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
>>72500589
But crosses are nice.
>>
>>72500635
I read it on the wikipedia page of the eu flag a while ago.
>>
>>72500635
making it up
https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/symbols/flag_en
>The history of the flag goes back to 1955. The Council of Europe - which defends human rights and promotes European culture – chose the present design for its own use. In the years that followed, it encouraged the emerging European institutions to adopt the same flag.
>>
>>72500647
huh apparently it's true
but the flag is also much older than the EU and was chosen for the council of Europe which Turkey is a part of
>>
>>72500720
>europa.eu
Yeah, this won't be a biased page that misses out information at all.
>>
>>72496056
good, fuck the EU

>>72499462
and i hope that leads to its collapse
>>
>>72500565
>>72500589
>>72500720

I read that it represented the overall western culture. It's a starry occidental night, opposed to the rising sun of the east. The stars are twelve because it's an important number in symbology and mythology. It's a tribute to greek mythology, since Europa was a woman in a greek myth, that, surprise surprise, was fucked by Zeus.
>>
>>72497386
we're part of the EEA, and it sucks. But it's better than being part of the EU.
>>
>>72500556
but according to that pic you export even more to the EU than you import...
>>
>>72501276
What? No we don't... are you reading this right Yank?
>>
>>72496056
extremely good idea since i want to see brits becoming the joke (further joke) of the world
>>
>>72501244
for Iceland and Norway maybe, for the UK the EEA would be a lot worse which many Brexit voters seemingly didn't understand (saying they want the same deal as Norway)
>>
>>72496056
I am sad to see the UK leave.
With that beeing said, I think the British saw EU always more like an free market where each country competed for their own best interest, and not as a common project of federalization.
So maybe it is for the best that they left, and I hope that we can find some sort of soluation where we still can remain friends and trading partners. Maybe an EEA sort of deal
>>
>>72500556
it's also on wikipedia m8
>>
>>72496056
None of my business
>>
It's cool that other countries test these things like Brexit and Trump, before try the same stuff.
>>
>>72501385
>I think the British saw EU always more like an free market where each country competed for their own best interest, and not as a common project of federalization.
Well, that's what it was when they, and most other members, signed up. Why would it be wrong to think that?

>>72501329
>only EU country making a serious stir about being forced to accept immigration
>a joke
Lad, it's the first time I've respected them in years.

>>72497386
This is the worst argument I've heard in a long time.
>I'm not married so how can I know whether or not my friend should leave her abusive husband?

>>72501349
>for the UK the EEA would be a lot worse
Explain why.
>>
>>72501682
And thats why its a good thing that they are leaving, I think
I support the idea of a mutli-speed EU, where countries can decide if they wanna go for futher integration or just stay in the single market
>>
Why should I care about what Britain is doing
>>
>>72501825

Which country really wants more integration though? Only maybe Germany. But thats because you run the eu
>>
>>72496335
[spoiler]fuck all[/spoiler]
>>
>>72501682
>>for the UK the EEA would be a lot worse
>Explain why.
That means they still have open borders with Europe, still can't deny Poles and Romanians from coming, still have to adopt something like 80-90% of EU regulation, including all trade regulation, but this time without any representation or say in EU parliament or the Council of Europe.

On the whole the EEA package is a much bigger hit to sovereignty than the EU because we have to adopt all those laws without as much as our opinion being heard. This is acceptable to Iceland and Norway because we've basically accepted that our representation in the EU would always be small and the two sectors the EEA doesn't cover, agriculture and fishing are too important to us.

A lot of Brexit voters seemed to think they could deny EU immigration and choose which EU laws to implement while in the EEA but the fact is they're worse off in the EEA than the EU with regards to these matters.
>>
>>72497055
this
>>
>>72501825
>I support the idea of a mutli-speed EU
You see, this is the problem with the EU. Many people project onto it what they think it should be - a neoliberal economic model, a plan for European co-operation, etc. - but, in reality, it's only one thing, a project to strip European nations of their sovereignty in the name of 'European integration'. There is no fruitful negotiation on that point.

>>72501999
Alright, fair point. I'm of the view that their superior bargaining power, because of their 'special relationship' with Trump's America, puts them in a position to make a better deal than Iceland or Norway.
>>
File: Wg6MwYB.png (275KB, 996x491px) Image search: [Google]
Wg6MwYB.png
275KB, 996x491px
>>72501958
>>
>>72502094
Nobody is forcing the countries to federalize, they are doing it on their own free will.
Personally, I see nothing wrong with that
>>
>>72498563
>The UK signed up when it was a trade organisation.
that's just patently false
thatcher knew exactly what the EU was and what the EEC was
go read her speeches to parliament everyone knew it was a political union too
>>
>>72501999
We'll almost certainly be going for a "hard" Brexit, which means cutting all ties with the EU. We won't be going with the EEA and instead if we can't reach an agreement we'll start off on WTO rules and work from there.
>>
>>72500010
> the EU didn't lift a single fucking finger.
we had massive economic sanctions and punishment for various russkies
>>
>>72496056
Quite ironic how May claims a second Scottish referendum would be an economically suicidal move etc while the Scottish exit from UK is essentially analogous to UK exit from EU.
>>
>>72501999
We are not going for an EEA situation, we are going for a hard Brexit which will mean we will have the same relationship to Europe as do other nations like China or the USA.
>>
>>72496056
my thoughts are generally positive, although I like some of the principles behind the EU such as the single market it really seems like a very unsavory institution that failed to realize its own limits.

My only complaint about Brexit is that things are going to get really shitty for the remaining members, Britain was an important voice for moderation and preserving national sovereignty within the EU and with it gone it will basically pull out all the stops on Germany going full reich mode. I also felt quite bad for Eastern Europeans who came here and found the attacks on Poles in particular following the results to be completely disgusting.
>>
>>72502134
>All the shitholes want more integration
>All the non-shitholes don't
Makes me think.
>>
>>72502306
may has said fuck all about the election fuck off
>>
>>72501999
EEA requires free movement
not happening
>>
>>72496335
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFasUTvU-T8&t=4s
>>
Amazingly /pol/shits think the UK will get all the benefits and none of the negatives when they leave. Simply amazing.
>>
>>72502612
well /pol/ will be /pol/
>>
>51.89% leave
>48.11% remain

I never got why certain pro-brexit posters here make it sound as if 90% voted for leaving.
>>
>>72502612
Nobody thinks this though. It was always a trade off.
>>
>>72502612
>>72502807
Why are you in literally every thread even slightly related to politics? Fuck off already.
>>
>>72502807
Because even people who voted remain do not really like immigrants etc.
>>
>>72502852
It's his job
>>
>>72501298
Am I?
You guys have 332.3 billion worth of imports (81% from eu), and imports worth 244.4 billion (86% from eu)
Your chart refutes your post in every single way
>>
>>72502862
my gfs a jf 2bh
>>
File: Very warai.png (246KB, 395x381px) Image search: [Google]
Very warai.png
246KB, 395x381px
>>72496056
>I voted remain

PFFFFFFFF AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
>>
>>72502912
Green is non-EU...
>>
>>72502941
What sort?
>>
>>72502852
>Why are you in literally every thread even slightly related to politics? Fuck off already.
What? Do you think there's only one Bulgarian poster here, idiot?
>>
>>72502912
what
50% of ours stuff goes to EU
10% of the EUs stuff comes from us
>>
>>72499685
>Wondering what Britain will blame their problems on now that the EVIL European Union is out of the picture.

Our government will be held to account more rigorously than it is now, precisely because it can't blame everything on the EU. I think it will actually improve the standard of how we're governed and legislated. The buck truly will stop with Parliament now.
>>
>>72502912
The second imports should be exports, fucking phone
>>
>>72502262
>>72502407
>>72502582
that's what I'm saying
point was just that many voters seemed uninformed on this judging by a lot of the rhetoric thrown around before the vote
>>
>>72503361
I've never met anyone who was actually confused about this, it is a meme that came up after the referendum.
>>
>>72496335
/thread
>>
>>72503402
I saw a lot of British flags on /int/ and /pol/ claiming that Britain would be going for a Norway-style deal
>>
>>72503402
what? literally everyone said we're not turning out back on europe, we'll still maintain a relationship with them and sort out a deal
>>
>>72503472
You mean you saw shitposting. Norway deal means free movement, something all the pro-leave politicians in the UK were constantly saying they wanted to end. So Norway was never happening if you paid attention to politics in the UK.

>>72503507
Yeah, we can have a deal and a relationship, it will just not be as close as a country like Norway has because we want control of things like borders.
>>
>>72503472
>I saw a lot of British flags on /int/ and /pol/ claiming that Britain would be going for a Norway-style deal

British flags on /int/ and /pol/ =/= representative of lots of Brexit voters. Many aren't even British but proxies.

People who understand what a "Norway style deal" means do NOT want that, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>72503472
yes, and they were extremely misinformed and stopped replying when you brought up the fact that you'd STILL make monetary contributions, STILL allow free movement and STILL follow various EU regulation, all without having a seat at the table.

that's just pol for you, shekel depositing bs memming morons, don't expect any more
>>
>>72503621
Stop your shitposting.
>>
>>72503578
>a deal and a relationship,
I should have been more specific, they said we'd have a free trade deal, and have a relationship more akin to Switzerland than Norway
>>
>>72503733
Switzerland still has free movement. The best example would actually be Liechtenstein which has controls on EU migration but still has market access.
>>
File: 1463868840039.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1463868840039.gif
1MB, 320x240px
tbqh the banter would have been worse towards us if we voted to stay in.

worth it imo
>>
>>72503793
I was planning to leave the country if we voted to stay tbqh.
>>
>>72502200
>Nobody is forcing the countries to federalize
Repackaging a treaty that was rejected by the French populace and then denying them a referendum the next time seems fairly close to forcing.

Making the Irish vote on Lisbon again seems fairly close to forcing.

Threatening to fine Hungary laughably high sums for refusing 'refugees' seems seems close to forcing.

Just because they do what they do within the rules, and with co-operation of sycophantic national politicians, doesn't mean it's not aggressive, expansionist and loathsome.The fact that a German can't understand how something that's technically within the rule can be inappropriate is precisely the reason I don't like European federalism.
>>
>>72503774
yea I know I meant the fact that they have a lot of opt in and opt outs on stuff at the same time (loads of red tape because of that too)
>>
>>72503832
>I was planning to leave the country if we voted to stay tbqh.
And go where?
>>
>>72503701
get fucked, stay on your containment board
>>
>>72503895
USA, Australia or New Zealand.
>>
File: 1478732289822.png (373KB, 804x648px) Image search: [Google]
1478732289822.png
373KB, 804x648px
>>72503832
Were you planning to go somewhere in Europe with your EU citizenship?
>>
>>72503940
No. See >>72503931
>>
>>72503907
This is my main board nonce.
>>
File: screenshot.png (310KB, 628x342px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
310KB, 628x342px
>>
>>72502807
First of all, that margin translates to a million people.

Second of all, do you understand how a referendum works?
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 264x264px
>>72503578
>>72503733
>>72503774
Honestly I think it's misleading to talk about a deal based on any of those countries. We're going to have a UK style deal, we're not Norway we're not Switzerland.

Frankly we're not some small client state that has no other option but to submit to whoever happens to be in charge of Continental Europe at the time. The UK has never done that and we're not going to start now. And if the EU tries to treat the UK like it is such a country, they'll have an interesting time of it.
>>
>>72504086
fantastic point
>>
>>72504086
>>72504145
Lads, I hate England, but voting to leave has made me respect and root for you like never before. I hope the UK surpasses the EU in every single measure.
>>
>>72504315
Join the dark side and Irexit.
>>
>>72500010
>>72500227
The EU, along with the US, put a bunch of Russian oligarchs on travel bans. We also began sanctioning Russia more. Also Ukrainian troops are being trained and armed by American and European troops to fight against the Russian funded rebels
>>
>>72504315
Thanks lad. We'll be fine, I'm not sure the EU realises how weak their hand is
>>
>>72504364
But that would hurt their status as tax haven. Ireland is way too small to strongarm a good trade deal.
>>
File: hmm cat.jpg (112KB, 572x621px) Image search: [Google]
hmm cat.jpg
112KB, 572x621px
>>72504315
>Lads, I hate England

There's no need for hate.
>>
File: IEBdZCK.png (429KB, 2000x1982px) Image search: [Google]
IEBdZCK.png
429KB, 2000x1982px
>>72504475
>I'm not sure the EU realises how weak their hand is
lol
>>
>>72504718
The only relevant nations there are France and Germany.
>>
>>72504685
I've been there. I don't have a particular loathing for the place - maybe hate is too strong a word - but people there aren't as warm as in Ireland. And people aren't especially nice to the elderly either. I saw a few people refuse to get out of bus seats for old women.

I've only ever been down south, though, so maybe it's that.
>>
>>72504718
Thanks for illustrating my point. All of those countries have different interests because the EU is not one country but 28 (soon 27). There is only one government sovereign over the UK, poor Barnier will be pulled apart from every direction once negotiations begin.

inb4
>but the EU is bigger than the UK so it's automatically stronger

Hahahahaha
>>
>>72504718
>This fucking flag
Every single fucking time. /int/ and /pol/ and it's always this singular fucking flag sucking its dick.
>>
>>72505017
The UK is going to negotiate with the Commission, not each country individually tho.
>>
>>72505078
I visit /int/ maybe once a week and I never visit /pol/. Please throw yourself into a river or something, fucking /pol/tard.
>>
>>72505109
Any deal has to be approved by all 27 other member states, so the commission cannot really do what it likes, it has to be responsive to them.
>>
>>72505109
>The UK is going to negotiate with the Commission, not each country individually tho.

I know. That's why I mentioned Barnier. This man is the Chief Negotiator of the Commission. Did you not read my post?

My point is that he can't do whatever he wants, he has to satisfy the separate governments at the end of the day. I'm repeating myself, please pay attention: the EU is not a country but 28 different countries all of which are sovereign
>>
>>72504822
>The only relevant nations there are
Portugal and Spain
>>
>>72505250
In another, better, life time maybe.
>>
>>72505185
Sure, we'll see everything in 2 years IF your pathetic government decides to start the leaving process any time in this century.
>>
>>72505276
It starts at the end of this month, it had to go through parliament first and then it is not being done in the middle of the month because there is a big informal meeting between dozens of leaders which it would distract from.
>>
File: tmp_31049-chronicle1430522822.jpg (175KB, 700x506px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31049-chronicle1430522822.jpg
175KB, 700x506px
>>72504670
>Not if they submit to the English :^)
>>
File: 1484774526127.jpg (440KB, 935x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484774526127.jpg
440KB, 935x900px
>>72496056

100% positive opinion of Brexit. EU's moving towards a formal federation of states.

People who are pro-remain are literally in favor of trading their country's sovereignty for economic gain, which is absolutely pathetic.

EU politics as a whole needs to die. Let it be an economic zone and nothing else, rather than some social engineering experiment for jackoff leftists trying to force all the European states into a massive conglomerate so they can have a nice footnote next to their name in history.
>>
File: tmp_31049-bls 1570964092.jpg (65KB, 619x465px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31049-bls 1570964092.jpg
65KB, 619x465px
>>72504822
>>72505250
>Italy
Their Navy is basically the eu's anyways
>>
>>72496056
I was hoping you would, anything to improve chances of independent Scotland and united Ireland. Also anything that makes English people worse off is great
>>
>>72505473
>muh sovereignty
is the only thing that needs to die
>>
File: 1484696048048.jpg (180KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484696048048.jpg
180KB, 1024x768px
I dislike how the EU is handling certain issues (Russia, refugees, Turkey, PIGS), but it seems kind of silly to leave and JUST your economy for at least 20 years.

Anyway, I have no real opinion of it since it will likely not influence my life in any way. Hope it works out for the Brits, at least
>>
>>72496094
your mother is tyrannical
>>72496056
UE should invade this piece of shit island
>>
>>72505168
If you are claiming not to be a shill then that only paints your entire countrymen in a terrible light.

So are you a small dicked redditor that has been shilling multiple boards for months or are you a collective nation of parasites and cuckolds? It is one or the other, and honestly, I would prefer you as a shill.
>>
>>72496056
I'm really sad because I wanted to go to uni in the UK and maybe stay there forever but now I'm going to France
>>
File: 1472232984697.jpg (368KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1472232984697.jpg
368KB, 3000x3000px
>>72505723

>he doesn't think the right of a people to govern themselves is important
>>
>>72496056
nothing Tbh lad
Not my monkeys, not my circus
>>
>>72505962
His post was good tho
>>
File: 1487007642247.jpg (83KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
1487007642247.jpg
83KB, 500x424px
>>72505962
/pol/ fuck off to /pol/ don't spread your contamination here
>>
>>72496094
>>72496282
>>72496465
>>72496969
>>72497182
>>72497386
In typical fashion the American shows himself to be a pig ignorant cretin.
>>
>>72500423
>Germany and Merkel were the hardest drivers behind the sanctions
Not really. Germs would be pretty happy to make business with Putin, they don't give a fuck what he does as long as it's far away from them.
>>
>>72506033
Should I start advocating for my county to become independent then?
>>
File: 1485915435175.jpg (156KB, 890x876px) Image search: [Google]
1485915435175.jpg
156KB, 890x876px
>>72506226
>>
I think it's hilarious. The British would rather shoot themselves in the foot than be told what to do by someone else. I think I know where Americans got their stubbornness from.
>>
>>72501970
It looks like, because you fucked yourselves as well
>>
>>72506033
No people govern themselves, that's why they get other people to do it for them.
You don't govern yourselves in America; just like us you are forced to elect a bunch of overpaid clowns to take bribes from lobby groups and allow big business to dictate how the country operates.
That isn't people governing themselves in the slightest. It's the opposite.
>>
File: a4TIxU6.jpg (42KB, 600x724px) Image search: [Google]
a4TIxU6.jpg
42KB, 600x724px
Hmmmmmmmmm really makes you think
>>
>>72505962
>the little british chav is mad that his /pol/ views are getting shat on
Welcome to /int/ lad.You need to be over 18 to post here.If you are below 18 i would suggest you go and shitpost with the other children over here >>>/pol/.

Have a nice day, cheers and ta ta.
>>
>>72506256
I'm not discussing opinions, I am stating facts.
Google "Merkel sanctions russia". It's all her pushing for them.
The german establishment hates it, but it's one of the few issues she has a spine on and nobody can oppose her.
>>
>>72506532
>No people govern themselves
By people he means his arbitrary tribe.
>>
>>72506736
Didn't read any of that.
>>
>>72496056
I like the EU but wish Romania would be kicked out so Transylvania could more easily secede
>>
>>72507004
Not surprised the /pol/babby doesn't give a hoot about discussion or even reading.
>>
File: 1488514802001.jpg (34KB, 421x476px) Image search: [Google]
1488514802001.jpg
34KB, 421x476px
>>72506279

>haha Gandhi what are you going to do, should every village in India become independent? Exactly self-governance/self-determination is a sham BTFO

People = your nationality m8, aka the same people who have been living in your land for hundreds/thousands of years, share your language, culture, and so forth.

>>72506532

Don't be a sophist, you know exactly what I'm talking about. They're representatives chosen by the people. If you want to be ruled over by foreigners then be my guest though, I'm sure some Americans would love to form the entire government of Australia and run it in their own interest.

>>72506879

You're one of those 'there's only one race, the human race, no human being is illegal, borders are imaginary lines drawn to oppress other people' types aren't you?
>>
>>72506879
Rasheed.
>>
>>72507137
The EU doesn't rule over anyone except Greece in the form of the troika arguably
>>
>>72507061
Not one word.
>>
>>72507274

I know, not yet, but the point is that it's moving towards that point. The UK is just jumping the ship early.

The end goal of the EU is a political union.
>>
>>72507137
And you are one of those people who think that the world was created 6000 years ago,tectonic plates are not a thing and evolution is sham, aren't you?

Wait let me guess!You also believe in lizard people and the Loch Ness monster...
>>
>>72507375
Tell me next week's lottery numbers please
>>
>>72506879
Paki cunt.
>>
>>72507375
Moving towards that point how?

Judge the EU based on its current actions and policies instead of this le superstate meme bullshit.
>>
>>72507137
>People = your nationality m8, aka the same people who have been living in your land for hundreds/thousands of years, share your language, culture, and so forth.
The Celts? Time to kick out all the Anglo scum then I guess.
>>
>>72507375
I would argue that it's moving away from that since the crisis, troika was zenith of Brussels hegemony and I'd be very surprised to see something like that again in the next decade or so
>>
>>72507467
Engage Phase zwei gegen die Insel Mönche
>>
>>72507137
The eu shills are out in full force tonight. Rest assured that your true friends lay in waiting.
>>
>>72507892
>Posts on a board called international
>Surprised when it's full of pro-EU people

Back to /pol/, lad
>>
File: 1488310921997.jpg (2MB, 2964x1896px) Image search: [Google]
1488310921997.jpg
2MB, 2964x1896px
>>72507592
>>72507467
>>72507658

>Customs union
>Currency union
>Free movement
>EU Parliament with actual legislative function
>Industrial integration re: regulations and standards
>Greater military integration between states
>current integrating education via EHEA
>Foreign EU nationals can already vote in local elections in the country they reside

>I know there're storm clouds, heavy rain and lightning flashing all around, but thunder? Don't be ridiculous.
>>
>>72506249
They're right tho, fuck the EU
>>
>>72507640

Honestly? Go nuts. I mean you've already held an independence referendum in Scotland, if Wales wants one then by my guest. If you guys decide to stick with the English then so be it. If not, so be it. Point is you get to decide what happens to you.
>>
>>72508224
I'd rather not ruin my nation just to have people from my tribe ruling me.
>>
>>72508153
Besides currency union because the discussion is too technical, are any of those things net negatives? I would vote for all of them
>>
>>72508147
Hmmm...Nootka.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 600x399px
>>72506226
Go back to fapping to pic related
>>
>>72508532
mhmm
>>
>>72508370
Get tae fuck cuck.
>>
>>72508415

Depends. Free movement is nice if you're going on vacation, not nice if you're a guy with an low skill/mid skill job that can easily be done by someone who doesn't really speak your language (think manual labor), because now you suddenly have downward pressure on your wages. Having unified industrial regs is nice if you're only exporting to the EU, but not so nice if you're exporting to a country outside the EU which doesn't require such stringent standards, in which case you goods are less competitive. An EU parliament is nice, except if the legislation isn't democratically formed and if MPs have such divergent views on what should happen that positive changes rarely happen but the MPs and associated staff are still getting paid quite a bit of money from the EU budget. And so on and so forth.
>>
>>72496335
This.
>>
>>72508738
t. james from brighton
>>
>>72508810
You didn't explain how any of those things are net negatives though, data has shown us gains from trade and openness more than compensate for any low skill wage depression that might occur. Also everyone in Europe speaks English who emigrates familia
>>
>>72496335
More non-white, non-EU migrants to fill the gaps left by EU migrants. Really makes you think.
>>
It's good. The EU is a conspiracy that wants to destroy the little man by allowing limitless immigration that depresses wages and increases rents, increases the noise / air / and other pollution. The weaker the EU the better. Also I'm happy for the UK.
>>
>>72508950
English poofter.
>>
>>72509354
How low is your IQ? Be honest.
>>
It made me realize that brits are total retards
>>
>>72509335
It's almost like the eu was created by Mr Kalgeri, a man that is on record as wnting to breed all Europeans out of existence. But that is just conspiracy bs and anyone who googpes his name won't be met with the eu parliamentz own records of him saying that.
>>
>>72496056
Bestest decision your country ever made
>>
>>72496632
Because they have a monarchy.
>>
>>72509671
>Breed all Europeans out of existence
>By having them enter a union and intermingle/breed

?????
>>
>>72509671
oh no, will somebody think of the white race
>>
Nothing, It is not my business and I don't know your life so how would i judge? Too bad that your country was separated in two though.
>>
>>72509671
This makes a lot more sense than EU being a construct to ensure peace, property and cooperation in Europe.
It was actually a plot for white genocide, you're a genius!!!!!!!1!
>>
>>72509237
>ore non-white, non-EU migrants to fill the gaps left by EU migrants

How the fuck do you work that out? Once leaving the EU the UK can allow in whoever they want for a job, be it an EU citizen or from somewhere else.
>>
>>72496335
It made Ireland the only native English speaking country in the EU, so even more multi-nationals will want to set up their european HQ in Dublin now.

Brits just really love Ireland anon
>>
>>72496056

You are dumb and should be deported (or shot).

EU is an even superstate bent on destruction of nation, identity and culture.
>>
>>72496202

This is the smartest man in all of Ireland.
>>
>>72510953

And even more immigrants love it too because its open borders and English speaking. You have no idea how fucked you are.
>>
uppity chavs thinking it makes them more brit if they arent in the EU
>>
>>72511225

You would be able to shoot migrants instead of storing them in containers and building fences if not for the EU.
>>
>>72511049
Hello Ivan.How is Chrimea treating you?
>>72511285
>You would be able to shoot migrants
Nope.Heard of the Geneva convention?Human rights and shieeet?
>>
Currently i'm waiting for a Scoxit from the UK, so we can at least have half of the island back.
>>
>>72506711
Who are those 5% of UKIP supporters who voted remain? MEPs?
>>
>>72508153
>Foreign EU nationals can already vote in local elections in the country they reside
It may be just a policy decided by a single country, but I never heard of it.
>>
>>72511107
Ireland isn't even in Schengen, what are you talking about?
>>
>>72496282
Except that they're still (and have been) importing kebabs from Africa, Pakistan, and the middle east. The only up side of this is that a lot of petty eu politics will be left behind and England is exercising some sovereignty. Other than that, it means that Europeans can't freely travel to the UK as easily and can't get jobs there.

>"but I thought we were getting rid of all the shitskins! REEEEE"
>>
>>72496056
I honestly don't know much besides avoiding any investments in the UK, France, and Ireland.
>>
>>72505341
Yeah... because the Irish always benefited from being treated like serfs to England.
Fucking burger
>>
>>72502453
what is France doing up there, though?
>>
>>72510193
Because commonwealth immigrants are given priority in your country Nigel. Why do you think there are so many Pakis, yardies, and Nigerians in your country? Not of theM came through the EU.
>>
Voted leave desu
We joined as a fractured country questioning if we were governable hopeing to take advantage of the trade and prosperity the EU proposed
The EU now Is a un-democratic mess That takes advantage of poor countries to turn them into puppets (see Greece and soon to be Spain/Italy) by forcing austerity on them effectively destroying any concept of government since the EU controls all government spending
I don't think the UK would join in its current state especially considering our economy is so strong now and we are soon to be if trump continues on his anti-NATO path the biggest player in the Europe giving us more leverage than any European country
>>72496094
>I have some issues with the uk
Like what?
>>
File: 1487995715685.png (357KB, 800x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1487995715685.png
357KB, 800x2048px
>>72496335
Anglos were sick of europeans coming to the UK so now the only migrants from now on will be pakistanis and indians
>>
>>72514779
I honestly think the world would be a better place if the UK wasn't so damn hostile to every other empire with a colony, especially Germany.
>>
>>72496056
I don't care
>>
I have hope to sell our meat for you instead polish trash.
>>
>>72514777
How's EU taking advantage of poor countries? Greece was shit with money and kept piling on debt until 2008 happened.
>>
>>72515563
By not guiding them to use it properly instead they just slapped them with austerity even the world bank has criticised the EU for it
>>
File: images (1).jpg (27KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
27KB, 512x288px
In a Japanese street interview, British commenter.
This handome guy are supported the remove.
"If the Japanese Supreme Court is in Seoul and the Diet is in China, do you agree?"
>>
The best part are people trying to find meaning in it, spinning it this way and that, as a victory or loss.
Truth is that there is no meaning, rational or plan.
It just happened, for no particular good reason, and no one will know what the consequences will be.
The only way to find out is by going through it.
>>
>>72516108
Did you post this in the right thread?
>>
>>72516079
Good point
>>
>>72496056
I'm just confused. Brexit cannot be the final goal and I don't see what's the plan after.
Becoming the 52nd state?
Becoming a banana republic?
>>
Not waste the borders.
I think, that will be international peace.
>>
>>72516207
BRING BACK THE REAL TOBLERONE YOU DEMONSPAWN
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.