[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Scotland and Estonia Nordic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Flag-Pins-Estonia-Scotland.jpg (66KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Pins-Estonia-Scotland.jpg
66KB, 400x320px
Are Scotland and Estonia Nordic?
>>
I should think so, yes.
>>
>>72462025
Yes yes yes
Can you link me the site where I can make pins like these?
>>
>>72462025
Finland is not Nordic.
>>
File: nordic-flags.jpg (27KB, 389x267px) Image search: [Google]
nordic-flags.jpg
27KB, 389x267px
>>72462064
Let me clear this up to all you foreigners:

The Nordic countries is to Scandinavia as the West is to Europe: societies that are spawned from the latter, sharing their values and cultures but cannot fit under the name due to it's purely geographical meaning. Estonia isn't nordic because Finland isn't Scandinavian, it's one level of separation too many. Scotland is completely unrelated to Scandinavia or the Nordic countries.
>>
File: Flag-Pins-Swaziland-Luxembourg.jpg (75KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Pins-Swaziland-Luxembourg.jpg
75KB, 400x320px
>>72462250
https://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/Friendship-Pins/Swaziland/Flag-Pins-Swaziland-Luxembourg.html
>>
File: bestfriends5ever.jpg (63KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
bestfriends5ever.jpg
63KB, 400x320px
>>72462366
Tack, ska köpa en sådan :D
>>
>>72462025
No.
>>
>>72462291
>Scotland is completely unrelated to Scandinavia or the Nordic countries
Perhaps thats true of the lowlands of Scotland, but the Highlands and Hebrides Isles, the Shetlands and the Orkneys, have as rich a cultural connection with Scandinavia as does the basically Inuit Greenland you include in your list of "Nordic" countires
>>
>>72462025
I don't know Finland, a nation that goes to a sauna above 50 degrees and then swims in snow is Nordic
>>
>>72462025
Northern Scotland has tons of Nordic admixture, but the south is almost 100% celtic
>>
>>72464134
> a nation that goes to a sauna above 50 degrees and then swims in snow is Nordic
Ummmm
>>
>>72464677
You're all Karelians and Vepsians deep down.
>>
>>72464892
>You're all Karelians

Karelians moved to Finland after ww2. Karelia was filled with hohols and churkas.
>>
>>72464982
Genetics prove otherwise. Anything above Moscow is Baltic-Finnic.
>>
>>72465274
They were proper Karelians who did not forsake their language. Many Finns called Russians "veli venäläinen" during the war. They only Russified because of Orthodoxy. Even the Moscow Russians are Volga Finnics. Only Slavic Russians live by the Ukranian border. "Russian" is a similar term to "American". Half the Russians in my country are of Karelian, Vepsian, Ingrian origin.
>>
>>72465399
Most Karelians in Raja-Karjala were Orthodox, but nonetheless fully Finnic in blood and language. My family had been Orthodox for many centuries, that only changed when my grandfather married a Lutheran woman in Helsinki and decided to have my father baptised and raised a Lutheran. When Sweden first occupied Karelia the ones who didn't want to convert from Orthodoxy fled to the Moscow region and became the Tver Karelians. There are rumors that Putin has Tver Karelian and / or Volga Finnic heritage.
>>
>>72465762

There's a Karelian last name called Puittinen.
Coincidence?
>>
>>72465762
We know, our Karelians are called Seto people. Putin is not Slavic, he is of Finnic origin. Russia is an Empire, it used to have German tsars and the entire nobility had Finno-Ugric origin. Just the language of Orthodoxy was Russian and so it spread. Finns and Estonians were always a special case.
>>
>>72465853
He would be called "white-eyed Chud" or a "chukhna" per Russian tradition. He has uttered sentences in Estonian
>>
File: Danelaw.png (2MB, 2000x2488px) Image search: [Google]
Danelaw.png
2MB, 2000x2488px
>Scotland
England is more nordic desu
>>
File: 4565423.jpg (831KB, 2000x1463px) Image search: [Google]
4565423.jpg
831KB, 2000x1463px
>>72462291
here's a better image x
>>
>>72462025
No.
Scotland is too shit, Estonia is too slav.
>>
>>72467187
We don't belong with the Nordicks. We're German since 1200AD. Teutonic Order. God bless Germany. Fuck your oil.
>>
>>72462444
t. Pekka
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.