[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EU smuggling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: photoi.jpg (73KB, 512x511px) Image search: [Google]
photoi.jpg
73KB, 512x511px
How does the EU prevent people from buying cheap beer in Germany and selling them for a high price in Norway for example? I mean there are no borders in europe but the taxes are different
>>
>>72461080
customs
>>
>>72461288
Yeah but do they stop you at every border to check what you are carrying?
>>
>>72461395
they don't

but ultimately time+transport costs negate tax differences

for eu the only situations where such tax differences can be taken advantage of is if you live next to the border (for example i live next to swiss/french boder) or the products are high value (eur 1000+)
>>
>>72461395
I guess you could do it on a small level like giving it to friends and such but if you wanted to actually make big bucks with it and do it large scale people would find out quickly and the average Norwegian would report you to authorities and also people prefer to buy official goods where they can be sure it wasn't tampered with than criminal shite.
>>
>>72462270
>the average Norwegian would report you to authorities and also people prefer to buy official goods where they can be sure it wasn't tampered with than criminal shite.
lol autism
>>
>>72461288
Perhaps they have changed how they operate in recent times, but I have taken the trip to Germany about seven times and never at any point have they asked to check my RV.
>>
The taxes are payed on sale I imagine.
So it's not different to tax evasion.
disclaimer: I'm not a tax pro, this may be wrong or merchandise specific
>>
>>72462609
http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/vat/eu-vat-rules-topic/where-tax_en
so basicly, if you buy cigs in the Balkans, say here in Bulgaria, and take them to some tax hell - Sweden, than you sell them for mad profit
BUT it's illegal because you have to pay taxes where you supply, and in EU laws actually matter
It's no different from selling burgers and never paying taxes on your food stand.
In most of these countries honest work is simply more reliable and worthwhile in the long run.
Any attempt to scale up illegal activities multiplies the chance you'd get cough.
Despite that cigs are actually something that does get smuggled for profit, just the way I described, but not on a massive scale.

Completely separate is the matter of having things for personal use like >>72462168
where you buy things for people abroad or go abroad to buy.
I've bought cigs for my step-grandma in the UK.
>>
>>72462355
this is why huezilians are inferior
>>
File: huehue.jpg (176KB, 550x427px) Image search: [Google]
huehue.jpg
176KB, 550x427px
>>72463293
>inferior
if anything we will dominate the entire world and create a new HUEman Empire
>>
>>72463372
good luck if you're not gonna follow the law
>>
>>72463262
Pretty much this. Same problem in the states. People buys cigs in Virginia then smuggle them to new York. Also get busted regularly but you also run the risk of pissing off the organized crime rings by stepping on their territory
>>
>>72461080
There is no cheap beer in Germany.
>>
>>72466816
It's cheap compared to beer in Sweden and Norway.
>>
>>72466242
>following the law
what kind of sheeple are you?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.