[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transporation in big cities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: sptrans.png (3MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sptrans.png
3MB, 1500x1000px
How does transportation in big cities of your cunt work?
In Brazil, 80% of people take the bus, paying a fee equivalent to 1 USD.
Is this a worldwide thing and if not how does it work elsewhere?
>>
Well, you just put two fingers on your forehead and focus on the location you want to go to
>>
>>72396137
Buses in the states are for poor people and old ladies. Also I haven't been on a bus in ages, but I think it's like 50 cents.

In some major cities, like New York, Boston, people take subways/trains. Or as we like to call them in the North East, AMTRAK
>>
>>72396137
Weren't there riots in multiple cities because bus fare increased? What was that like, Brazilbro?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_most_households_without_a_car
>>
>>72396184
Initially yes, they increased it by ~30%, but then it became more generalized and the movement became anti-corruption, demanding better education and healthcare. Like how the French Revolution was triggered by an increase in the price of bread.
>>
In my city there are:
Bus
Metro
Monorail
Trolley
Marshrutka
60-70c for 1 ride
>>
NYC you can take the bus and spend 2 hours to travel 10 miles.
>>
File: DSC00055.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00055.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>72396137
It kinda works, but in rush hours it becomes hell
Bus cost 5 pesos .26 cent of usd same as the metro, but the fucking metrobus costs 6 fucking pesos, and I hate that
>>
>>72396137
i live in 100k city and bus cost here about 15c
about 25c to the nearby city
>>
>>72396278
it just tickles my autism when my metro card has 4 pesos and I have to recharge it because the bus is 1 freaking peso more expensive.
>>
Cities here usually have a regional train network. Both local and long distance use the same tracks and stations.
>>
>>72396137
>paying a fee equivalent to 1 USD
Not per trip right?
>>
>>72397445
>tfw people actually complained about having nice buses here
>>
File: Red+Minibus.jpg (28KB, 460x294px) Image search: [Google]
Red+Minibus.jpg
28KB, 460x294px
>>72396137
Mainly metro and buses. My favourite mode of transport is minibus tho.

Pic related
>>
>>72396219
>Monorail

I wonder, how often do you use it.
>>
metro, trams and buses
>>
Buses, trains, trams and metro in that order.
>>
>>72396167
>but I think it's like 50 cents.
it's like 1.25-2.50
>>
>>72396137
bus and subway are the most common ones here.
the bus is about 0,40 USD
>>
New Zealand is very car centric. The city with the best public transport network is probably Wellington, since trains run to upper hut and the satellite suburbs of the city.

Auckland is investing more into its metro system, but it doesn't cover much of the city. I think the bus network is okay though. Most people will only take the train if they're going into the central city for some specific event.

Trains are non existent outside of Wellington and Auckland. I haven't taken the Bus in years. Because we have such a small population, most people drive here. Our Inter-City train network is awful too - It's really only between Auckland and Wellington, and it's overpriced.
>>
File: Times Square Hong Kong.jpg (428KB, 1000x748px) Image search: [Google]
Times Square Hong Kong.jpg
428KB, 1000x748px
>>72398142
You guys have hands down the best public transport system on earth.

> Use Octopus Card for Buses, Trams, Ferries and The Metro
> Can even pay for things at 7/11 and stores with the card
> Trains direct from the airport to the city
> Trains on metro lines running literally every minute.

You guys don't know how good you have it in HK.
>>
>>72398167
used it at least 20 times
>>
It's pretty huge here.
Metro is best to move across the city obviously.
Single tickets are expensive (like $2,50) but tickets for a whole year cost 1$ per day because if they don't subsidize it people will take the car and we'll have traffic jams every day. Because taking public transport sucks because of all the durkas and poor people who will constantly beg for money and cigarettes.
>>
20 rubles ( ~0.3 USD) for old ugly shitty smelly german mercedes bus in provincial city
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.