[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nortenhos, what should I know about your region before going?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: o-norte.jpg (5KB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
o-norte.jpg
5KB, 300x166px
Nortenhos, what should I know about your region before going?

I'm spending several days in Porto in summer and my only experience with Portugal has all been fairly close to Lisbon.

Is the accent as different as people say? I speak decent European PT but I probably have a generic central Portugal accent on top of my foreign one (though some people tell me I sound like I'm from the Islands).
>>
yes the accent and some expressions are different
you will be fine tho as you're foreign and you probably already have an accent
>>
More or less.

Also Porto is not the whole North desu.
>>
>>72380932
this, visit braga and GUIMARÃES
>>
File: 7lagoasdogeres3.jpg (60KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
7lagoasdogeres3.jpg
60KB, 900x500px
>>72381722
This, if you like mountains you can go visit Gerês.
>>
File: coimbra-city.jpg (202KB, 1500x834px) Image search: [Google]
coimbra-city.jpg
202KB, 1500x834px
>>72380932
Porto is getting too big. It's not Lisbon tier in demographics, but it's getting there in national geopolitics.

This means that the country has to pick a new spokescity, and it's between Coimbra and Braga. Which is fortunate, because they are the two best cities in this country.
>>
>>72381722
>>72383764
How hard are those to do as a day or half day from Porto? I won't have a rental car so I need to rely on buses and trains.

>>72384863
I was planning on spending several hours in Coimbra as a stop between Porto and Caldas da Rainha.
>>
>>72385004
Well if your staing in Porto you it wont be easy to go to Geres, but Braga and Guimarães are easy to get by train 30-60 minutes tops.
>>
>>72385180
Aight. I've wanted to see Gerês for a while since I like mountains (and I'm butthurt about being stuck in the flat midwestern US), but I'm also spending time in Andorra on this trip so I'll get my fix there anyways.

Anything in particular to see in Braga and Guimarães? Doesn't Guimarães have that one castle where Afonso Henriques fought his mom or something like that?
>>
>>72385322
Yes the castle is preaty hard to miss. Guimarães has a nice moutain called Penha, there's a (really old) tower there if they let you to the top you can see the ocean even tho it is really far, the view to the city is really good too.
In both Braga and Guimarães the historic center part of town is really good. If you have a thing for staires, there's a really big set in Braga.

Either way I think it will be a plesent experience.
>>
>>72385665
Thanks for the info. Any local food, restaurants, or cafés I should try?
>>
>>72387082
Well there's a cafe litterally inh each corner you pass so I won't tell specifics, just go with what looks good.

But I'll tell you where is the place the best ''Francesinha'' I ever ate before:
Adress- R. Fonte da Venda 98, 4835 Selho (São Cristóvão)
Name- Café Snack-bar Os Dois Mosqueteiros Lda
(This should be enhough to find it)

Have a good one my man.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.