[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Europeans so smug about their subpar products? First

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (554KB, 689x735px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
554KB, 689x735px
Why are Europeans so smug about their subpar products? First Volkswagen, now Renault.

>having to cheat to compete with Asians and Americans
Literally chink tier
>>
>in 1998, the Justice Department and the EPA settled a $267 million case with Honda Motor Co. and a separate $7.8 million case with Ford Motor Co. for selling cars with systems designed to defeat emissions control systems.
>>
>>72360822
don't frenchies make the zoom zoom cars?
>>
>>72360888
>Ford Motor Co. had to lower its fuel-efficiency estimates for certain models twice in less than a year, citing a computer-modeling error. The Dearborn, Michigan-based company sent out payments ranging from $200 to $1,050 to pay 200,000 customers last year.
>>
How did the other car manufacturers manage to compete with Renault and VW if they cheated in emission tests?
>>
>>72360916
>Last year, Hyundai Motor Co. and Kia Motors Corp. agreed to pay the equivalent of $350 million in fines, forfeited credits and certification testing to settle U.S. claims that they overstated fuel economy on the window stickers car buyers see at dealer showrooms.
>>
>>72360822
>American cars
>competition
Besides that, I'm sure every single car manufacturer cheats with their car software. It's way too easy to do and hard as fuck to discover.
>>
>>72360822
there's this law that in free market capitalism you had to lie about the product or enjoy death (if everybody else is a lier as well)

the guy got noble prise for it, to lazy to link wikipedia
>>
>>72360938
>>72360916
>>72360888
B T F O
T
F
O

/thread
>>
>>72360822
I like volkswagen.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari, Bughatti, Spyker. >compete with Yank cars
>>
>>72360822
>Compete with [...] Americans
You know that with the sale of Opel, General Motors has effectively retreated from the European market, right? It's about Volkswagen Group and PSA now, with Renault a distant third.
>>
Renault cars are pretty decent imo
>>
>>72361289
>Europe charges a 12% tariff on American cars
>America charges a 2% tariff on European cars
Yeah I wonder why it's hard for American auto companies to compete in Europe.
>>
>>72360822
Because the eu has ridiculous environmental regulations. The EU is cancer.
>>
>>72361679
>Air is polluted so hard that you can see thick smog all over cities
>ridiculous environmental regulations
>>
>>72361651
It's almost as if you can entirely avoid these tariffs by setting up a sister or daughter company within Europe or anything. You know that's effectively what Opel was after GM bought it, right? That's why I said GM was retreating from the European market: Ford will have to pay those tariffs, Opel didn't have to.
>>
>>72361634
>post 90s french cars

lel
>>
>>72361745
sweden is just a forest m8
they're like russians : don't know about ecology untill kill it completely
>>
>>72361634
Is this sarcasm?
>>
>>72361786
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Car_of_the_Year
Renault is the second most consistent European Car of the Year winner though.
>>
>>72361745
Maybe in France. We have no industry, though.
>>
>>72361873
>meme of the year

That award consists on how much the brand bribed the judges, Armin.
>>
>>72361968
>France
>Industry
>>
>>72361970
By what quality will we judge cars then? Reliability?
http://www.reliabilityindex.com/news/52/States%20of%20Repair%20%E2%80%93%20Japanese%20and%20French%20brands%20top%20international%20league%20table%20of%20car%20reliability
French brands are only outperformed by Japanese brands. Or let me guess, these judges were also bribed?

Tell me then, if all the most objective means of measuring a car's quality have false results based on bribery, what means of comparison do we have? Are we just all going to compare anecdotes?
>>
>>72361970
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Car_of_the_Year
Not really. But they tend to give it to the best quality for price cars. Thus few german ones.
>>
>>72360822
americans have found a new way to extort foreign car companies with their bullshit regulations

the world needs to boycott american pollution regulations.
>>
>>72361873
They haven't even placed within the top three during the last decade though.
>>
>>72362093
True dat. Might be one of the reasons why they're losing their second place position to PSA and its better Peugeots. Still doesn't make Renault cars shit per se.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
you cant' get this kind of hihg speed by running purely on carrot juice
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.