[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1427759027275.jpg (2MB, 3112x2338px) Image search: [Google]
1427759027275.jpg
2MB, 3112x2338px
Have any Australian anons moved to America?

I'll be moving to Burgerland in December and I'm nervous. What are the biggest culture shocks of moving the US?
>>
Remember that culture (or lack thereof) can vary fairly strongly between states.
>>
America is pretty similar to here. The thing that I noticed was that they always have to carry cash around for tips, and also eftpos isn't as common.
>>
be prepared to get shot
>>
Stay away you hypocrite faggot
>>
>>72318312
Yes we are allowed to have guns and carry them virtually anywhere. People drive pretty much whatever they want with little to no regulation in most states.

Biggest thing I can tell you is that Americans identify heavily with the state we're from, not the country itself. Don't treat a Mainer like a Californian; they couldn't be more different culturally and racially
>>
>>72318384
Yes, this. The culture difference between US regions may not be as strong as between European or Asian countries but the difference between Seattle and Texas and New England is almost as great as between any of those places and Australia, or Australia and the UK.
>>
>>72318638
>Implying other Anglosphere nations are targeted by "You won't make Australia home"
>>
Black cock will be entering every orfice of yours upon landing. Be ready to get BLACKED.
>>
>>72318312
Tbhif youre culturally shocked by anything here then I'd be surprised.
>>
>>72322014
Unless if youre living in utah or the deep south
>>
The deadly wildlife here looks human. Beware the negro and the Hispanic
>>
>>72322014
The sheer amount of tipping involved in daily life can be a huge shock
>>
>>72322205

Which one is the more deadly out of the two?
>>
>>72322949
Negro of course
>>
>>72322216
what's so weird about tipping lol.
>>
>>72322949
negro

but avoid certain areas of major cities and you will be fine

and avoid southern california at all costs, not just because it's mexico 2.0, but it's full of faggy whites as well
>>
>>72324291
2bh just don't ignore southern cali. especially if you're a foreigner. obviously don't go into the slums, but there is a lot of fun to be had there.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.