[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Experiences in France (blogpost)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 14887897589235.png (129KB, 565x385px) Image search: [Google]
14887897589235.png
129KB, 565x385px
So /int/, I recently went on a business trip to France. I was there for a week but only had to work for a day, so it was basically a free paid vacation.

Some things that stood out to me:
-There were a lot of English foreigners, especially in Paris.
-No one really cared that I was visiting. As someone who travels a lot, normally Europeans ask me what I thought of their country, what state I was from, how my travels were, etc. That didn't happen here
-People were outgoing and actually spoke to each other. Strangers talked to each other a lot more than I saw in Britain
-There were a lot of Muslims.
-Everything was expensive. Food cost 3 times what it would've costed in America for the same stuff
-The Eiffel Tower was huge. It looks way bigger in person
>>
>>72294221
>-There were a lot of English foreigners, especially in Paris.
it's literally 2 hours on the train. i live closer to paris than i do to edinburgh or cardiff
>-No one really cared that I was visiting. As someone who travels a lot, normally Europeans ask me what I thought of their country, what state I was from, how my travels were, etc. That didn't happen here
parisians, i doubt londoners care much either (but we are fond of yanks)
>-People were outgoing and actually spoke to each other. Strangers talked to each other a lot more than I saw in Britain
nah
>-There were a lot of Muslims.
yea
>-Everything was expensive. Food cost 3 times what it would've costed in America for the same stuff
nah, unless flyover
>-The Eiffel Tower was huge. It looks way bigger in person
nah
>>
Ok.
>>
File: 1465859166575.jpg (65KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
1465859166575.jpg
65KB, 600x597px
>>72294221
you summed up my country pretty well : a shitload of mahometans and overpriced food.
I have to add : radars everywhere and bolchevic tier bureaucraty.
>>
>>72294221
>Paris
>France

Pick one
>>
-There were a lot of English foreigners, especially in Paris.
Tourists maybe ?
-No one really cared that I was visiting. As someone who travels a lot, normally Europeans ask me what I thought of their country, what state I was from, how my travels were, etc. That didn't happen here
"""French""" people don't care about themselves so why they would care about others ? Parisians either genuinely believe in clichés of Paris (even if they FUCKING LIVE HERE) or they just know it's complete overrated garbage and don't bother to ask visiters what they think.
-There were a lot of Muslims.
Welcome to the new France, soon to be Fralgeria
-Everything was expensive. Food cost 3 times what it would've costed in America for the same stuff
This is Paris, what were you expecting ? Merchants know there's a lot of tourists who comes in this meme city giant tourist trap so they raise the price high to make shitloads of money.
-The Eiffel Tower was huge. It looks way bigger in person
It's just perspective
>>
>>72299111
shit i forgot the green arrows
>>
File: 1488223325332.png (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1488223325332.png
6KB, 253x199px
>>72299111
>tfw newfags get trips instantly while you are praying Kek since years for ridiculous dubs
>>
>>72299111
>those dubs and trips
jesus christ i am dying
>>
File: checked.jpg (66KB, 679x497px) Image search: [Google]
checked.jpg
66KB, 679x497px
>>72299111
>>
>>72299282
>he never even had quints and shitloads of (You) as a result
>>
>>72300598
actually i had it, even screencaped myself.
>>
File: BL_rZHBCIAApqLv.jpg-large.jpg (28KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
BL_rZHBCIAApqLv.jpg-large.jpg
28KB, 500x386px
>>72294221
>-No one really cared that I was visiting.

>he's actually serious
>>
>>72295589
joni mitchell disagrees
>>
>>72295589
Nice
>>
>>72305586
>Nice
>France

pick one
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.