[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel bros, is this too long for a Europe road trip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: pepe-displeased.jpg (40KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-displeased.jpg
40KB, 600x579px
Times taken from Google Maps so they're probably inaccurate. Critique please.

Start in London. Spend 4-5 nights there.

>Take train to Paris. Roughly 2.5 hours.
>Pick up rental car to use for duration of holiday in Paris.

Spend 4-5 nights in Paris.

Car times + rough plan of places I want to travel to:

>From Paris to Brussels: 3 h 21 m (2 nights)
>From Brussels to Amsterdam: 2 h 27 m (3 nights)
>From Amsterdam to Berlin: 6 h 41 m ———— or 7 h 7 m (via Hamburg) (4 nights)
>From Berlin to Prague: 3 h 45 m (3 nights)

>From Prague to Munich: 3 h 50 m (2 nights)
>From Munich to Zürich: 3 h 29 m (2 nights)
>From Zürich to Bern: 1 h 27 m (2 nights)
>From Bern to Milan: 4 h 4 m (2 nights)
>From Milan to Bologna: 2 h 54 m (1 nights)
>From Bologna to Florence: 1 h 39 m (1 nights)
>From Florence to Rome: 3 h 4 m (4 nights)

Total comes out to roughly 38.26 hours of driving...

Length of holiday will be in total roughly 35 days, just need to agree on exact duration with friends.

Car is better than train right? Will we have any difficulties driving during winter?

Am I missing any good cities (or including shit ones)?
>>
>>72275424
If I were you I would just focus in one country. Shorter driving times and you would end up visiting less touristic sites. Maybe France or Italy are your best option.
>>
>>72275424
I'd recommend >>>/trv/ over /int/ for this thread
>>
car is not better than train
youll be driving an awful lot sitting in traffic or going on boring motorways so you wont see the scenery

id just cut it and spend a month visiting benelux-france/germany-switzerland/italy or some combination of it, not all at once
>>
>>72275424
Why would you want to rent a car innacity?
Also trains in Europe will always be late if it's not a Swiss one
>>
>>72275537

Mate you don't know the meaning of late public transport if you haven't lived in the southern hemisphere
>>
I've been to Europe and renting a car just doesn't seem worth a hassle. You can get by train everywhere there, at least in the western part.
>>
>>72275464
If it were up to me I would stay in France for 70% of the trip, skip Switzerland and travel down to the south towards Italy, but the friends i'm planning it with have opposite opinions.
>>
>>72275537
I went interrailing a few years ago (13 trains over 22 days or something similar) and I didn't notice them being late. There was maybe one train that we had to wait a while for in Italy, or perhaps 2.

but german, french , austrian, belgian, and eastern european trains were fine.
>>
>>72275616
Yeah, I would have visited one or two French cities besides Paris and skip some of the Italians, wouldn't skip Switzerland though.
>>
File: kanker.jpg (761KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
kanker.jpg
761KB, 1024x685px
>>72275424
You didn't calculate the traffic. Train is more fun anyway while traveling in Europe.
>>
>>72275728

Pleb
>>
>>72275424
You probably won't need a car for Europe, I went all around just by train and most of the tourist areas are inaccessible by car anyway, it would be an extra hassle and cities are small enough to walk all around
consider a 1 night stay in venice at least, most cities you can see in a full day just by walking so I would reconsider the length of time you are staying in Paris and Rome especially
>>
>>72275616
You are going to drive a lot and see very little. Usually tiny towns in France or Italy have more to offer than a cathedral full of chinks
>>
>>72275833
Train is way more expensive than renting a car
>>
Just seems too rushed. Youll need a vacation from that honestly.
>>
>>72275833
also a protip, shell out extra money for accommodation while in Germany and especially munich, it IS NOT A MEME there, every fucking hostel has a gang of africans sitting out the front and all your shit will get rifled through while you go out in the day, you need a private room in Germany
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.