[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Mexico kill off all their native culture? The US and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0537.png (189KB, 2000x1143px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0537.png
189KB, 2000x1143px
Why did Mexico kill off all their native culture? The US and Canada has kept natives and their traditions alive through Indian reservations

Mexico doesn't have any native reservations
>>
Their native culture isn't all dead.

There are no reservations because... why would there be?
>>
>>72242559
Compared to the US and Canada it is
>>
File: comunidades.png (271KB, 900x738px) Image search: [Google]
comunidades.png
271KB, 900x738px
>Why did Mexico kill off all their native culture?
Did not
>Mexico doesn't have any native reservations
because we let them be, we dont keep them in cages like animals
>>
>>72242637
Mexico is way more culturally native than America and Canada. Where do you think those corn things they call tortillas came from? Certainly not Spain.
>>
>>72242637
Also, we recognise all of their native dialects as official national languages
>>
>>72242637
How come?

I think there are only a couple of native american languages in Mexico that went extinct after Colombus.

Plus, some native american culture of mexico is part of mexican culture.
>>
getting trashed on listerine isn't exactly an ancient indian tradition
>>
>>72242488
>that flag
Why dont you go read a book or something?
>>
They don't need reservations because most people consider themselves part Amerindian and the mainstream Mexican culture has taken a lot of things from them. They are very proud of their roots, unlike you faggots
>>
>>72242696
Compare Sonora and Arizona

Arizona has a ton of native culture around with reservations covering 20% of the state, with many place names being native names

Sonora seems more typically Norteno Mexican with not too many place names being Native
>>
>>72242831
So has American culture

Ever notice where turkey eating and sweet potato eating came from? Even BBQ has native roots
>>
>>72242717
US and Canadian culture aren't exactly European either though
>>
>>72242895
>turkey eating and sweet potato eating came from
>BBQ has native roots
You can find BBQ all around the planet
>>72242836
M8 you are not even trying, get this, the country has a native name Mexico comes from Mexico-Tenochtitlan
Again, we dont need reservations, they live amongst us
>>
They didn't. Nahua is still spoken by several million and their culture still has plenty Aztec influence, with Day of the Dead and Santa Muerte being big examples.

Comparatively Americans and Canadians have literally nothing.to do with natives beyond fighting with them.
>>
>>72243014
But if they live among you then how can they keep their culture alive?
>>
>>72242836
>Sonora
sonora is the most nitpicky example you could have taken, given how the main indigenous group there was banned from the state in the porfiriato, not to mention there's a lot more native concentration the souther you go
>>
>>72244059
Because it isnt culture when its autistically "protected" and put into a fucking cage.
>>
>>72244177
But without that protection they'll assimilate 100% into Mexican culture which isn't Native either
>>
>>72242488
they are mestizos anon. that is all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71PTq9jsbcY
>>
File: sapopensando.jpg (6KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
sapopensando.jpg
6KB, 250x202px
>>72242637
>>
>>72244349
Mainstream American and Canadian culture are similarly mixed too. Otherwise our cultures would look more British than it does now
>>
I think it's cute how burgers think "preserving a culture" means setting up zoos and putting drawings of brown people in starbucks cups.
>>
>>72244491
Reservations aren't zoos

They have their own laws, sign their own treaties and are pretty much their own independent nation in the US

Plus the millions of people who have native ancestry in the US. I myself have Cherokee blood
>>
File: 14224115.png (62KB, 197x273px) Image search: [Google]
14224115.png
62KB, 197x273px
>>72244563
>I myself have Cherokee blood
why is this such a fucking culture cred for americans?

mexicans don't care because when cultures actually live together having some blood of them is normal
>>
>>72244693
Most Mestizos in Latin America in general can't point to a tribe where their blood is from unlike those with native ancestry in the US.

Which tells me that they don't acknowledge their native culture
>>
>>72242488
We don't need reservations, they can live peacefully everewhere they want as the mexican citizens that we all are regardless of ethnicinty, religion and culture, about what you say of their culture well some of them still have it but now it is something more about them wanting or deciding to stick with it and beleave in it and you could see them sepaking native languages, doing their respective tribal practices in the respective places.

Although I am obviously mixed native(guachichil I believe) with spanish/french I don't follow any specific native culture as a mexican but I do have the mexican culture that has native roots on it so I sometimes might do something native.
>>
>>72242836
Sonora is one of least relevant states in Mexico and with very low population
>>
>>72244835
How did you know your mestizaje? Did you use something like 23me or historical records?
>>
>>72245248
>How did you know your mestizaje?
DNA test
>>
>>72244563
Most white people in the US have native ancestry
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.