[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey Australia, remember me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: emu_face001.jpg (90KB, 928x696px) Image search: [Google]
emu_face001.jpg
90KB, 928x696px
Hey Australia, remember me?
>>
File: 1524389172635.jpg (30KB, 281x260px) Image search: [Google]
1524389172635.jpg
30KB, 281x260px
delet
>>
>>72227352

I want a pet emu. Can you legally domesticate an Emu in Australia?
>>
how could it be possible to lose against emus?
i cannot understand it
>>
>>72227430

A comment I got from youtube:

>The year is 1932, which means the year in Australia is about 1912 because Australia is permanently 20 years behind the rest of the world. You're a soldier with the Royal Australian Artillery and have spent all day in the searing hot desert heat lugging a 17 pound machinegun into position (not accounting for the tripod and the aforementioned 10,000 rounds of ammunition). Finally, finally, it is set up. You sit down behind it, staring out at the twenty or so Emu that you can actually see, and take aim. An Emu is about half the size of a human, and even less of that area is actually vital, and you are firing a dirty busted up 20 year old Lewis gun which was never intended for marksmanship anyway. By the time your third round has been fired the Emu have already hightailed it away at 50 miles per hour, long gone out of your sight and well beyond your ability to hit them. Now you have to break down the entire Lewis gun assembly again, still in the searing heat, pick up all your shit, and lug it to the next group of 10 or so Emu - who promptly run the fuck away because you weren't sufficiently sneaky, so enjoy lugging it even further before setting it all up again. You do this all day, every day, for 4 weeks. Do you think that by day 4 the soldiers give a fuck anymore? This entire operation was a joke. It was seen as a joke when it was announced, it had the effectiveness of a joke, and it was a joke afterwards too. Even contemporary accounts are mocking. Those soldiers put in a token effort at an impossible task. Then they bolted the machineguns to trucks which, bounding over rough terrain at their blazing top speed (which is still only half as fast as an Emu) they were attempting to hit smaller-than-man-sized moving targets - from a moving target. Of course they weren't going to hit a fucking thing.
>>
>>72227507

> Surprise surprise they even managed to crash one of the trucks. This fantasy you have of firing into serried masses of emus like you're a gatling gun crew facing down charging Samurai is exactly that - a fantasy. Emu don't form ranks and charge entrenched positions, they hang out in little groups of two or three and their reaction to pretty much everything is "FUCK, TIME TO BOOK IT." The Australian government implemented a bounty system after this operation which was vastly more successful, because career hunters using proper rifles are significantly more effective than a bunch of bored, tired, decidedly uncomfortable soldiers carrying around a fuck-off huge machinegun all day or hooning around on trucks.
>>
File: 1488764016438.png (238KB, 1000x957px) Image search: [Google]
1488764016438.png
238KB, 1000x957px
>>72227352
fack off you cunt
>>
>>72227352
I have a couple aussie friends irl and asked them about the emu war and they just looked at me funny and had no idea what I was talking about. Fuck you /int/ for making me look like a sperg.
>>
>>72227802
>"""""had no idea""""" what I was talking about

Kek
>>
File: The_fee682_5755054.jpg (52KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
The_fee682_5755054.jpg
52KB, 640x477px
>>72227802
>emu war is so embarrassing to aussies that they don't teach it in their history book

ahahahahahahahaahahahahaahah
>>
>>72227802
in real life a failed attempt at pest control 100 years ago is not considered a major part of Australian history
>>
>>72227802
Why Australia's Textbook Controversy Is Getting Worse | The Diplomat
What Australian history lessons leave out - BBC News
FSI | SPICE - Examining the Australian History Textbook Controversies
>>
>>72227887
Should I redpill them?
>>
>>72227945
Yep
Be as noisy and obnoxious as you can
>>
>>72227916
Why can't Singapore just leave us alone, we're your best neighbour
>>
>>72227352
Remember? I see you cunts everyday
>>
>>72227887
>in real life a failed attempt at pest control 100 years ago is not considered a major part of Australian history

Australia isnt that interesting bro.

emu war > stolen generation
>>
>>72229098
>the amazingly interesting history of chilly

Kek. I'll give you Pinochet and the helicopter rides but nobody knows or cares about anything else
>>
>>72229149
And that's fine, m8. It's a good thing to be at the end of the world, just don't pretend we have an interesting history. The only one barely interesting in this side of the world is south africa.
>>
>>72229098
>generic spanish country #7 telling me australia is boring
right mate
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.