[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Western civilization so dominant today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: civs.png (755KB, 2753x1400px) Image search: [Google]
civs.png
755KB, 2753x1400px
Why is Western civilization so dominant today?
>>
A couple of centuries in the 200,000 years of human existence is not that big of a deal, honestly.
>>
>>72185015
That might be why he said
>today
>>
>>72184977
Easily digestable culture, encouragement of base human instincts. It's not hard when the rules are pretty flexible/vague
>>
the only reason any civilization has ever been dominant: military superiority
>>
>>72185015
yes it is you retard. these past few centuries has seen mankind achieve far mroe than any other point in history
>>
>>72185399
isn't that true of all past few centuries
>>
>>72184977
why is western civilisatrion portrayed as having it's centre in iraq?
why are MENA, central Asia and Africa under western civilisation
is this based religion or something
>>
>>72185399
I mean just comparing the length of time,in terms of human achievements there no doubt these past centuries have been important
>>
>>72185423
I'm not OP but I think it's coming from
Mesopotamian, Indus, and Yellow River.
>>
>>72185399
And in the future achievements are going to be even bigger. If those achievements are still going to come from Europe/America is yet to be seen.
>>
>>72185423

gray areas mean mixed with local tribes.

>why is western civilisatrion portrayed as having it's centre in iraq?

Because Western civilization originates in Mesopotamia

>why are MENA, central Asia and Africa under western civilisation

because Western Civilization originated in MENA

Sub saharan Africa is definitely Western nowadays.

>Middle Eastern Religion
>Indo European languages as lingua franca
>European architecure, art, etc

since africa had not civilization the vaccum was replaced with western ones
>>
>>72185415
Read the book Sapiens. It really isn't
>>
>>72184977
Are Iraq, Pakistan and China the early bastions of civilizations?
>>
>>72184977
>Why is Western civilization so dominant today?
because western civilization was where the first technologies to create global transportation, foreign settlements, military dominance and global trade came from
these four factors were 99% of the reason that western values and culture were spread to every inhabited continent in the world from the 15th to 19th century
this dominance of academic and scientific institutions in the world allowed to the west to further develop technologies and ideas that cemented western civilization in modern day
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.