[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Latin american right-wing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

What does the latin american right wing concern itself with? What are rightist movements there like?

Nationalism/pan-nationalism/anti-US seems to be covered by the left already.

So what does the right do? How do they feel about things like patria grande (which I understand to be a leftist thing)?
>>
File: Mexico Right Wing.png (352KB, 1200x1447px) Image search: [Google]
Mexico Right Wing.png
352KB, 1200x1447px
A bunch of edgy teens will go on to praise Porfirio Díaz, both """empires"""", the catholic church (hate gays, homosexuals, abortions, etc), Pinochet, etc.
>>
>>72182917
LARPing as Spaniards is also a common theme, as opposed to the regresive left LARPing as Aztecs.
>>
>>72182811
Ecuadorian living in USA here, I firmly beleive that all latin American countries should unite, despite our mixed heritage. Most of us are Mestizo..
>>
File: 1411702737115.jpg (41KB, 334x373px) Image search: [Google]
1411702737115.jpg
41KB, 334x373px
>>72182811
>What does the latin american right wing concern itself with?
same with what the left wing but more prosaically:
stealing as much as they can from the State reserves
>>
File: imafrancia.jpg (44KB, 347x471px) Image search: [Google]
imafrancia.jpg
44KB, 347x471px
>>72183147
ew commie. ask your mom to translate this saying:
"JUNTOS PERO NO REVUELTOS"
>>
>>72183147

>I firmly beleive that all latin American countries should unite

Nope, regional unions at most.

We have nothing to do with Mexico for example that is like 8000km away.
>>
We do have "right-wingers" here but they're all just a bunch of US/Israel cocksuckers.

I've met very few people who actually care for the country and are actualy patriots.
>>
>>72182811
Panama is very right-wing and nationalistic.
>>
>>72182811

In Argentina right wingers generally:

-Dont want the State getting involved in the economy and want free trade
-They arent protectionists, they want to import cheap goods from foreign countries
-Want lower taxes
-They oppose abortion
-They say leftist commie terrorists of the 60s and 70s were as evil as the right wing dictators and military members of the dictatorship, and should be in jail like the dictators and military members of those dictatorships. (here the military from the 76-83 dictatorship is in Jail, but the leftist commie terrorists have been free since the early 90s)

according to our Justice, crimes commited by the State are worse that crimes commited by civilians, even if they were members of a guerrilla, so the crimes of communist terrorists have expired, but those of the dictatorship will never expire, we still have new cases of soldiers going to jail for stuff that happened in the 70s.
>>
Our right-wing would sell the country if possible.
>>
How intertwined is the catholic church with south american right wingers? As in how much do right wing groups and the church cooperate? Is the relationship mutual or do right wing groups go around praising catholism but catholics want nothing todo with them? Do left wing groups and catholics have any kind of relationship? Does the general government delegate any of its work to the church?

asking out of professional curiosity.
>>
>>72183633
*By catholics I mean the church/vatican
>>
>>72182811

Is Latin American right wing Native Nationalists? White Nationalists? Or Mix race nationalism? So confusing
>>
>>72183633

not a lot
in the 70s we had something called Teología de la Liberación which were almost commie priests.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_theology

The church is generally leftist in economic issues, and conservative/right wing in social issues like abortion or gay marriage.

Right wingers generally oppose abortion, but dislike how the church "loves poverty".
Free trade and capitalism isnt something that happens naturally in catholic societies, they tend to be more corporatist and authoritarian.

read this to see pretty much the Churchs political position this last century
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_social_teaching
>>
>>72183917
thanks m8
>>
>>72183633
>>72183917
>The church is generally leftist in economic issues, and conservative/right wing in social issues like abortion or gay marriage.
yeah same here
mind you that there are catholic factions as well: the Opus Dei always supported dictatorship and uphold of the law over the comfort of the people. they're usually the "hardline", while the others are concilliators among the hard left and the center wings
>>
>>72184157
>>72183917
So you have independent political catholic factions that are not directly affiliated with right wing groups but which do vote or ally with each other when their interests are the same? Or is are the groups pseudo-political in that they don't officially take part in the process but do use other methods to influence decision making?
>>
>>72183750
"Native" nationalist are left wing
wallmapu movement is lefty as fuck
>>
>>72184281

there is no catholic party here. the church does talk as one, give their opinion, and it is covered by the media, but there is no catholic party.
the last government we had before 2016 falsified poverty statistics (inflation too), and the church, through one of their catholic universities, continued measuring poverty scientifically and releasing the data each month, now we have to use the statistics of the church to see how poverty has been evolving the last 5 years. (the new government fixed the statistics institute, but we have to use the church data to compare 2014 to 2017)

they opposed gay marriage but it was legalized in 2009, abortion is still illegal. The real issue with abortion is people dont want their taxes to finance abortion. It is easy to get an abortion with a doctor if you pay, but that excludes poor women. we have safe abortions for middle and upper class women, and unsafe abortions for poor women.
>>
>>72184389
>>72182949
I don't see why you couldn't have a right wing movement be like mestizo supremacist or something
>>
>>72184508

we really have less issues than the USA with race, no trolling intended.
There is no one drop rule here, race mixing isnt so much of an issue, and class/educational status/money overrides race most often.
there is racism but it works different.
>>
>>72184439
Okay, that's interesting. Does the catholic church participate in any other way? You already said they have universities which is to be expected but do they provide other social services like elderly care, kindegartens/daycare for children, hospitals, orphanages (a bit cliche sorry) etc. and if they do how do those fit in with the governmental social work?
>>
>>72184389
Lmao no, mapuches and the like always vote right
>>
>>72184574
that's what I like about latin america from what I can tell. people have said what you're saying before and it kind of seems like that's indeed the case. it makes me hate how intrusive my country is culturally, we sort of export our social issues to places they don't belong.
>>
>>72184281
>>72184439
>there is no catholic party here
again same-ish here... but wasn't "democratic christian party" a thing in Chile?

>Or is are the groups pseudo-political in that they don't officially take part in the process but do use other methods to influence decision making?
in 2008 that was the purpose of the campaign launched by Fernando Lugo. just 3 months later he dumped all of his work as "not-interested third party that just wants to protest against corruption" and candidated himself for president under a left-center coalition. he won and was our first leftie president, aligned with Chavez
in that aspect, it was quite disappointing. there could have been a catholic organization that was just civilian observer but yeah, everyone here is more interested in grabbing money
>>
>>72184585

they do charity, but I think almost all their institutions are schools, catholic hospitals arent really a big thing even if there are a few. poor people with no coverage go to public hospitals, and people who work + their families use private medicine.

catholic schools are the cheapest private schools, so they often have poor people who make a big effort to pay, because they prefer a private school to a public school.
the problem with public schools is kids from shanty towns go there, and those kids can really hold back a class. By paying they make sure all the kids in the classroom at least have parents who work.
>>
File: religion in uruguay.jpg (21KB, 225x372px) Image search: [Google]
religion in uruguay.jpg
21KB, 225x372px
>>72183633

Here the church was rekt 100 years ago and they have very small to no influence.
>>
>>72184723
Okay, so they fill the demand for low priced private education and charity along with running regular universities and hospitals. Interesting stuff.

>>72184700
So if I understood correctly a leftist politician used the church or a catholic group to help him become a president? Sounds pretty amazing, leftists in funland hate the church with a passion and would never collaborate with them.

>>72184808
What turned Uruguayans off from the catholic church?
>>
>>72184574
lol no.
>>
>>72184928
hmmm no, actually what happened is that one actual gregorian Bishop of the Catholic Church (who is part of Liberation Theology) became politician and president of Paraguay. he actually received permission from the Pope to abandon his priesthood
you could say he was center left, because even tho he was pro free healthcare and pro agrarian expropiation, he never supported abortion or gay marriage like the other southamerican commies. so that's the part in common with most of South America's Catholicism. until now abortion here is only allowed when it's proved beyond doubt that the life of the mother would be endangered, which makes cases like a 10 year old not being allowed to abort (or more like FORCED to abort) quite regular here in PY
>>
>>72185095

civil war to abolish slavery very late in history
apartheid system in some states up the the 1960s
affirmative action
one drop rule
race riots
white flight
and all the things modern sjws believe in

Americans dont realize stuff like affirmative action is an American Solution for an American problem, and then you have anthropologists going on vacations to Brazil or Dominican Republic and getting offended because not everybody with black ancestry identifies as black.
>>
>>72183633
In Colombia the relationship between the catholic church with both left and right wings are love-hate relationship. In one hand, the catholic church supports conservative initiatives such as gay marriage or the prohibition of abortion; in the other hand, there have been links between a wing of the catholic church with left revolutionary ideologies since the 60s when a bunch of priests influenced by the liberation teology joined the marxist guerrilla ELN. Also, the catholic church oficially supports the peace deals between the current governmet and the farc guerrilla, that fact trigger the colombian far-right wing politicians.

The funny thing is that the main religious ally of the right wing isn't the catholic church but the protestant-evangelic churches, who oppose fiercely against the peace deals and are situated a step behind the religious fundamentalism, with a militancy that gives the far right parties a infalible source of voters.
>>
>>72185095
>let me tell you about your own country xD
>>
File: 81506.jpg (44KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
81506.jpg
44KB, 500x324px
>>72184389
They are right wing
>>
>>72185417
I knew a dominican girl in my freshman and sophomore years HS whose parents came here and she got pissed at how everyone thought she was black, as in like culturally african-american. Fun fact she was the only girl I got closest to ever fucking and she was a huge weeb and we were always really flirty with each other and ate each other's food and were laughing and touchy during class and it was really cool and fun and I've never ever had any female attention after that for some reason, and that was maybe 5 or 6 years ago now. I wish I was less of a bitch back then and actually asked her out. In the later years of HS she was weirdly silent with me like she had expected me to ask her out and I never did because I'm an autistic faggot that never deserved the attention she gave me.
>>
>>72183633
They behave like any big corp here, they invest their time and money both in the left and the right. You'll see leftie priests and right-wing priests. Thinking that the Church is a homogeneous phenomenon is a huge mistake. There are factions within it that cater to their specific target audience.
>>
>>72185095
I've never done this but seriously this is a case for
>A
>>
>>72182811
here traditional right is catholic and anti anglo-saxon
new "alt-right" is led by a merchant
>>
File: 49125784_p47_master1200.jpg (73KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
49125784_p47_master1200.jpg
73KB, 300x300px
Perú will try their best!
>>
>>72184389
>"Native" nationalist are left wing
Not one bit close to what they are. They are racist as fuck. They accept the stupid winka helping them in their fight but they hate everything that is not mapuche master race.
>>
>>72185883
Good lord I wish your modem just stops working already
>>
File: IMG_0668.jpg (250KB, 707x906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
250KB, 707x906px
Falangist Hispanidad
>>
>>72182811
Argentinian modern "right" is to the left of Obama.
Argentinian left is complete madness.
>>
>>72185883
Based peru
https://youtu.be/InOjTbXdYpo
>>
>>72185883
What
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.