[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cambodia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_2221.jpg (141KB, 2000x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2221.jpg
141KB, 2000x1280px
Can we talk about Cambodia? What do we know about them? Are they commies? What's their religion?
Let's have a good Cambodia thread
>>
File: 420.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>72104172
They will get a lot of better in the future.
>>
>>72104226
Are they currently not doing well? Are they poor?
>>
File: 1809siam.jpg (41KB, 400x684px) Image search: [Google]
1809siam.jpg
41KB, 400x684px
>>72104172
They're ours. Them and Laos.

We'll get them back.
>>
>>72104256
Cambodia is in mainland SEA, so of course the people is poor. They growth rate is high, so they can get much better than now.
>>
>>72104306
Were you once an empire? Still speak the same language?
>>
>>72104306
>Ladybois
>Conquering anything
Pffft
>>
I'm sorry Asian bros for being this retarded and ignorant but I'm absolutely clueless.
>>
>>72104306
Map is a lie. You never had any peninsular. You live deep in the forests to the north.
>>
>>72104522

It's real, Sultan Muhammad
>>
>>72104522

Pic related
>>
Is there a country called Siam?
>>
they lost everything about their culture down to their food because the khmer rouge killed that many of them

ever been to a "cambodian" restaurant? no you haven't, that was just thai food
>>
>>72104334
Laotian is mutually intelligible with Thai but they sound kind of like our country folk because they speak the northern dialect. And yes we did have an empire. It was great.

>>72104338
>>72104522
>java monkeys
>>
>>72104622
thailand you dunce
>>
>>72104172
fuck combodia and other irrelevant shitholes
>>
>>72104647
And when you say you'll get them back is that a meme or are there real chances of reuniting?
>>
>>72104730
They're both painfully irrelevant without us. I believe it would be in their best interest to return to the fold.
>>
>>72104622
Where do you think Siamese cats and Siamese twins come from you retard.
>>
>>72104850
Sorry Toyota I was just never taught about SEA in school. I was just hoping the /int/eresting people on this board would help.
>>
>>72104329

What about violence and education?
>>
>>72104593
Pic related is the Malay names and was swindled between sneaky bongs and siam without us knowing.

>>72104575
Sorry, that's not my name. My name is Sultanah Aminah Che Siti Wan Kembang. ;)
>>
>>72104934
This
>>
File: KhmerEmpire3.jpg (27KB, 401x514px) Image search: [Google]
KhmerEmpire3.jpg
27KB, 401x514px
>>72104172
They wuz literal kangs.
>>72104730
Vietnam is not gonna sit back and watch someone taking their puppet.
>>
Cambodia is the most Sinic-Confucian non-Sinic-Confucian country
>>
>>72105023
Getting better. Lots of things to improve upon of course but that is to be expected.
>>
>>72105488
Oh h-hey there anon! I'm glad you're here.
Tell me about your government?
Average people perception on foreigners?
Biggest sectors on your economy
Food?

Thanks a lot
>>
>>72105531
>government
Pretty corrupt and authoritarian. Pretty much the biggest hinderence to development in my opinion.
>Foreigners
If you are white then they'll assume you're rich and charge you more. Other than that, foreigners are pretty well liked.
>economy
Garment, Tourism and agriculture are probably the biggest.
>Food
Lot of recipes were lost during the Khmer Rouge. Presently, Khmer cuisine has a lot of influence from Thai and Viet food. The recipes that did survive usually contain fish or coconut milk.
>>
>>72105697
Thank you very much
>government
Would you say your government leans towards the right or the left? I just learned you're going after drug dealers like in the Philippines.
>foreigners
Cool
>economy
Hope to help with some dollars anon
>food
Would you say finding rice noodles is fairly common? I really get an upset stomach when eating wheat so I'd be super nice if rice noodles were common.
What are popular meats? Any chance you guys eat lamb?
>>
>>72104647
Show me your boipocci, feminine boi.
>>
>>72105837
After a few months on /int/ I've noticed you pacific islanders are way gayer than thais. Every thread with more than 3 of you is guaranteed to turn into a public gay ERP session.
>>
>>72105697
Friend of mine married a qt3.14 from PP and she's really a nice person.
>>
>>72105826
>government
Centre
>rice noodles
I would say its pretty popular.
>meat
Beef and fish. Lamb is available though pretty expensive. Ive never heard of anyone here who eats lamb regularly.
>>72105884
Agreed
>>72105929
I wish them the best of luck in their relationship.
>>
>>72105981
What brings you to 4chan? You seem rather nice to be in this environment.
>>
File: DSC_1151.jpg (3MB, 4643x3338px)
DSC_1151.jpg
3MB, 4643x3338px
Just got back from Siem Reap (Angkor), where to start?

The economy is built around tourist money, which always shapes the city dynamic in an interesting way. The best-paying jobs are tour guides, hotel management, or other service industries catered towards tourists. But most other people seem to work as street merchants of some kind, waiting for hours in the blaring heat for customers to come check out whatever garage-sale tier stuff they have. In contrast to their lives, the streets are lined with giant 5-star resorts with Angkor-inspired art and European-inspired architecture. That said, the service/maintenance of the places are more akin to a 3-star resort (my place had cockroaches in the showers).

Everything is an upsell. So much so that as a tourist, you'll live in your own world while there, spending US prices the whole time at your bars, fast food joints, tourist attractions, etc. You automatically think the place is so cheap, but you'll never pay local prices. Burger King in particular is the biggest ripoff (you pay US prices for tiny burgers) but they know they can get away with it for the tourists who don't want to get sick from street food.

Drive slightly outside the tourist pockets and you'll see the state of poverty the people live in. Even just a few minutes northeast into Angkor (towards Banteay Srei), and you'll come across people who don't have electricity. You see streets lined with merchant stalls selling whatever, making a living by exchanging a few US cents-worth of things back and forth.
>>
>>72106074
yeah but it's comfy third world
>>
>>72105981
Stop browsing 4chan, not because I don't like you but because you're too pure and I don't want it to turn you into an asshole
>>
>>72106008
Primarily /a/. Moved onto /int/ when I found out that there was an /asean/ thread.
>>
File: DSC_1132.jpg (2MB, 5632x2300px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1132.jpg
2MB, 5632x2300px
Also, my tour guide said that there has been a landmark change in the nature and number of tourists coming ever since the Chinese starting getting into tourism.

Even a few decades ago, english-speaking guides were sought after to cater to foreign tourists (there's a good number of French/Germans/Anglosphere/Russians). But now the biggest tourist group is Chinese, and there's a lot of Koreans/Japanese as well.

I'm not sure of what the locals think of the different nationalities, but our driver didn't seem to like the Chinese. And if they're anything like how they behave in some of our tourism-centred cities (ex. Banff), then I can understand why.

Here's a pic of Angkor Wat at sunrise - not exactly that hidden-away rainforest oasis that the pictures make you expect.
>>
>>72106140
Very informative answers anon, thanks.

Why did you go to Cambodia?
Correct me if I'm mistaken but going there isn't cheap because they charge you more for being a tourist?
Does street food make you sick?
Was there any issues with the water?
Did they have spring bottled water?
Did you have the local food?
>>
>>72106184
>Why did you go to Cambodia
I was visiting Thailand/Cambodia for reading week. I only went to SR in Cambodia for Angkor Park because I heard Phnomh Pehn was a really somber place.

>Going there isn't cheap
Correct, unlike Thailand where you can find 'non-touristy' areas and eat/shop for cheap, it's almost impossible to find any stores/restaurants which don't charge you close to Western prices.

>Street food
I got terrible food poisoning in Thailand and was almost going to fly to Tokyo for a hospital visit, so I didn't touch anything other than American fast food (KFC, BK, Lucky Burger, Pizza) in Cambodia. I actually spent my first day in Angkor vomiting a little bit and chugging electrolytes and trying not to get heat stroke. I might have been a more adventurous eater otherwise.

>Water
I only drank bottled water. Some of the brands looked sketchy and as is common with other poorer nations, you should never buy water from random vendors (they just refill bottles with tap water and put a bit of glue back on the lid). I liked the Bayon water (I think Pepsi bottled it).
>>
>>72106303
food poisoning sounds really bad desu ;s that actually makes me a bit concerned but thanks for your answers. I guess I should absolutely buy travel insurance
>>
File: 1422269580-33156152-o.jpg (533KB, 1626x2114px) Image search: [Google]
1422269580-33156152-o.jpg
533KB, 1626x2114px
>>72104522
>Map is a lie. You never had any peninsular.

Congrats for your propaganda malay gov

>Make siam great again
>>
File: CLMVT-500x300.jpg (78KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
CLMVT-500x300.jpg
78KB, 500x300px
ITT island monkeys getting BTFO by based IndoChina
>>
I only know them as Killing fields and Angkor wat. Am I dumb?
>>
>>72104885
Siam is the old name for Thailand.

Ceylon is the old name for Sri Lanka, Formosa for Taiwan, etc.
>>
>>72105023
There's not actually that much violent crime in Southeast Asia, China, or India, the people are just really stupid and drive like preschoolers.
>>
I heard their holidays are pretty tough.
>>
Is it true that Vietnamese company practically own Angkor Wat, and take ticket incomes and so on?
>>
>>72108403
>most of /int/ is too young/pleb to get this joke
>>
>>72108484
Everyone gets the reference anon. The Dead Kennedy's and The Ramones are mainstream nowadays.
>>
>>72108435
Huh no, we can say that we own Laos tho.
>>
>>72105081
Thai boi here

Malays were always fringe sea people

The Javanese tough, were real civilization builders.

Some say that it was the Javanese who helped kick start Khmer civilization and possibly even the Dvaravati
>>
I went to Cambodia last September. The country seems to have been devastated by the Khmer Rouge and the current government is still corrupt so I can't see it improving anytime soon. The temples are great if you're interested in that sort of thing, although I can't imagine that you'll need to spend more than two or three days there to see everything there is to see.

My tour-guide was a pretty nice guy though. Apparently he had to flee because the Khmer Rouge killed his parents so he spent his childhood years living in the jungle. When he first saw a white person, he thought he was a monster because he was so tall and hairy.
>>
As a Burmese. I always travel to other mainland SEA countries and Cambodia is probably the laziest and sleepiest county i have ever visited. But that isn't a bad thing
>>
>>72112698
What about Laos, aren't they even poorer and less touristy?
>>
>>72112733
Yea. I haven't really explored laos but I have stopped there sometimes. They are really sleepy as well and they're people are much nicer than Cambodians. I didn't even see a single tourist there, at least i saw a few in Cambodia
>>
>>72104172
Have been to Thailand close to 8 times, yet I have never visited Cambodia.
>>
CACAmbodia!
>>
>>72114202
>have been to thailand close to 8 times
degenerate af
>>
>>72112698
Is it true they overcharge you?
>>
>>72116962
Overcharging foreigners isn't considered criminal or underhanded for certain services (like visiting some temples). There are just separate rates for locals and foreign tourists, especially in cases where rates are artificially kept low through subsidizing to keep places more accessible to low income earners.
>>
>>72116962
I wouldn't know. Food is really cheap anyway
>>
>>72105081
WE
WUZ
K
>>
>>72104338
>>72104522
>>72105837

>Island monkeys get angry
How cute :)
>>
>>72104172
I love SEA
>>
>>72104647
>it was great

kek no it wasn't. SEA has always been the little leagues of Asia. having fucking laotians and cambodians as your competition is embarrassing. and i'm saying this as a SEA
>>
>>72104809
>Thailand
>relevant

Thailand is best known for ladyboys, prostitution and AIDS. wtf are you even talking about
>>
>>72106140
Holy shit, look at that crowd. That looks horrible. How many western hippies were there?
>>
File: wk0RXPG.png (261KB, 1271x845px)
wk0RXPG.png
261KB, 1271x845px
>>72125932
>i'm saying this as a SEA

You're definitely not saying it as a Thai.

Yet another colonial subject sucking up to his imperial masters in the desperate hope of being accepted (as a pet).

You are less than nothing to me.
>>
File: THAI (4).jpg (211KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
THAI (4).jpg
211KB, 1500x1000px
>>72126002
>Thailand is best known for Muay Thai, best food and their monarchy.

Fixed.
>>
>>72129185
Hey you seem pretty patriotic would you say Thailand>Cambodia only for the purposes of going to the beach and enjoying nature for a couple of weeks.

No sexual tourism, no partying just removing myself from it all. I would love going to the beach. Not a big budget, I want to not get food poisoning.

Thanks
>>
Why westerners like inferior countries when there's HK?
>>
>>72129050
I thank God every single day that I'm not an AIDS-infested Thai shemale monkey.
>>
>>72129185
Oh wow. Soooooo impressive. /s

Muh muay thai. Who gives a shit. Does muay thai make your country any less of a shemale paradise that every westerner only knows for its prostitution and ladyboys? Muay thai doesn't make you special dipshit. Your country is still a poor shithole like the rest of us in SEA.

Best food. Thats subjective retard. Has the AIDS gotten to your brain Ladyboy?

Monarchy. Oh shiit looooool. Nobody outside of Thailand knows you shemales even have a king.
>>
>>72132978
I really didn't know they were a monarchy but care to advise me about a good place to travel fellow American >>72132978
>>72130172
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.