[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's American education like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1408713868799.png (37KB, 528x402px) Image search: [Google]
1408713868799.png
37KB, 528x402px
What's American education like?
>>
i sometime´s can´t believe the american school memes because my education was fuckin GOAT, but apparently gringos really suffer in school.
they always complain that it tests memorization and not intelligence, which i don´t understand because my whole high school experience was centered around developing critical and scientific thinking.
any burgers want to share what´s going on?
>>
>>72087163
It's terrible and based on obedience, and passing retarded standardized tests to get more shekels for the school, since funding is based on the amount of students who pass. This also of course disincentivizes learning and instead pushes teacher to just do a shit job and give everyone a passing grade, and to "teach to the test".

As a product of this system, I am very skilled at bullshitting my way through multiple choice tests despite a lack of knowledge on a given subject.

>>72087347
The system is based on removing the capacity for critical thought in children, replacing it with obedience to authority and the ability to mindlessly slog along doing pointless repetitive shit, aka be a good office drone/cog in the machine.

Also teachers unions make sure the majority of teachers are shit, because they are vehemently opposed to any sort of performance standards for themselves, they see their job as a gravy train essentially, despite all the BS they say about doing it for the children or whatever.
>>
>>72087163
Sub-standard. There's too much focus on standardized test scores and not enough focus on critical thinking.
>>
>>72087515
i don´t believe you for some reason.
is it really that bad?
>>
Dumb leafposter.
>>
>>72087163
depends where you go
>urban public school
nothing is expected of you and you will learn nothing even if you try to learn, basically daycare
>private school
you'll learn but there will be more emphasis on getting high scores on multiple choice tests because better scores = more money for the school. so teachers will shove specific rhetoric and memorization down your throat to help you pass tests and dont really care about what youre actually learning or how youre developing
>rural public school
this is the best one. not a lot of kids per class so the teachers can actually care and try to help you learn, grades and prestige aren't a big deal so teachers will make sure you understand a formula instead of just memorizing that formula for a test and then forgetting it. its a lot more personal and easier to learn, and even though these schools dont show up well when it comes to test scores, they have very high percentages of students who go on to graduate with college degrees.

i went to a shit tier city public school when i was little, then spent most of my school life at a private school, then moved out to the country and went to a rural public school for my final years. so ive experienced it all
>>
>>72088098
>and even though these schools dont show up well when it comes to test scores, they have very high percentages of students who go on to graduate with college degrees.
source?
>>
File: 1486728879220.jpg (15KB, 230x186px) Image search: [Google]
1486728879220.jpg
15KB, 230x186px
>>72087752
Yes. As long as you can memorize information well, you got it made, at least until you get out into the real world. You don't even have to understand any of it, just memorize it.

For me personally, school was a soul deadening experience full of empty promises and half hearted attempts by teachers.

That being said, there were teachers who I do remember fondly. Only three of them in all.
>>
>>72089760
weird, i´m sorry about that anon
>>
>>72088098
>rural public school
>the best

Yeah fucking right, enjoy your science with no evolution, and creationism you dumbass. Suburban public school in the best.
>>
File: 1484802601988.jpg (31KB, 590x578px) Image search: [Google]
1484802601988.jpg
31KB, 590x578px
>>72089847
>rural = deep south
>>
It varies. The good neiborhoods will have good schools and the shitty neighborhoods will have shitty schools.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.