[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a great country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: finland.png (8KB, 1800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
finland.png
8KB, 1800x1100px
a great country
>>
How was Finland like before Sweden colonized it?
>>
>>72047820
It was russian colony
>>
File: 3r45908223.jpg (6KB, 160x171px) Image search: [Google]
3r45908223.jpg
6KB, 160x171px
I want to sniff some rose. Very good taste.
>>
>>72047820
Bunch of peaceful tribes that traded furs with their neighbors.
Unlike the balts and baltic finnics (estonians and livs), I don't know any historical records of ancient finns participating in raids, which is probably explained by the fact that it's fucking cold up there and travelling would be more risk than reward.
>>
>>72047820
This >>72047974
We were basically barbarians without all the bloodshed. We were also very isolated here in the north and got very little influence from rest of the Europe. For example we were the last European people to be converted into christianity. Nobody gave a fuck what some pagans in the north did unless they were raiders like the vikings.
>>
>>72047873
No
>>
>>72047820

It's not completely known I think
>>
>>72047974
>I don't know any historical records of ancient finns participating in raids
pagan raids in the baltic sea was one of the causes for the Swedish crusades
>>
>>72047820

We didn't exist. It was free land roamed by various Finno and Baltic tribes. Over time the language became standard.
>>
>>72048809
im sure sweden had österland in its scope for a long time but swedes were afraid of the locals and the shaman meme. christian zeal was a good weapon to disarm centuries old "finnish wizards" stigma.
>>
File: absolutelyfinnish.jpg (29KB, 456x448px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelyfinnish.jpg
29KB, 456x448px
>>72047820
We wuz kangs
>>
>>72047974
There are a lot of mentions about the kvens doing raids in norse writings
>>
>>72049052
>im sure sweden had österland in its scope for a long time but swedes were afraid of the locals and the shaman meme.
Swedish influence in finland started to take of due to the competition with Novgorod. aggressive expansion into finland would be a logistical nightmare just like the potatoslav said.
>>
>>72047873
It was the other way around.
Learn your history lesson Ivan.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.