[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Americans and the USA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

File: yanks.jpg (153KB, 1400x691px) Image search: [Google]
yanks.jpg
153KB, 1400x691px
What are your thoughts on Americans and the USA?
>>
File: usa legend.jpg (113KB, 591x480px) Image search: [Google]
usa legend.jpg
113KB, 591x480px
>>
>>72040176
meme answer: Scumbag gelatinous pigs

Real answer: Pretty okay gelatinous pigs
>>
I like them
>>
>>72040176
>comparing a muslim terror attack to an incompetent limey pilot
>comparing innocent American citizens to a soccer team

Honestly a little bit mad lads
>>
Munich 58 not enough

Fuck off
>>
To be honest, I have trouble understanding why such a wealthy country as America treats its citizens so badly.
USA would be easily able to afford great social security, better infrastructure, more human prison system.
Yet Americans dont seem to want that
>>
>>72042825
this
>>
>>72042909
It would require a massive retooling of the way we allocate funds and resources, which wouldn't be possible without a massive bipartisan vote, which itself wouldn't be possible without extensive bribing of congressmen and senators by the same people who are currently bribing them to keep our current system in place
>>
>>72040176

that is illsbreh-tier grief-wanking
>>
>>72042998
But why cant you have a grass root movement that would force the government to treat the working class people better?
Kinda like Tea-Party and Occupy combined
>>
>>72043000
where is your foreskin, m8?
>>
>>72043062

where it belongs
>>
>>72042909

Ah yes, social security is such a wonderful thing
>>
test
>>
>>72043082
in face cream?
>>
>>72043060
The workers here are completely crazy. They side with the party that wants to cut social spending. There's this sentiment among the working class, that it is an honorable thing to work menial labor and to not have any help.
>>
>>72043060
Oh the workers also side with the guy who wants to cut regulations too. Can't make this shit up.
>>
File: retard-superman.jpg (26KB, 552x416px) Image search: [Google]
retard-superman.jpg
26KB, 552x416px
>>72043223
yes REPUBLICAN = BAD, DEMOCRAT = GOOD
>>
>>72043223
>>72043265
this is what boggles my mind. Why would the American worker vote against his own best interest?
>>
>>72043223

Work gives you dignity.

Taking money unearned from someone else doesn't.
>>
>>72043345
It has to do woth the social policies each side represents. Americans in the rust belt who work by the sweat of their brow and say no to handouts are likely to be pretty traditional folk, and so liberal jargon like "safe spaces", "gender is a social construct", "BLACK LIVES MATTER", really turns them off.
>>
>>72043345
You have to back to the very beginning of American politics. There is a knee jerk reaction against any government action whatsoever, and general culturally lionization of capitalism.
>>
>>72043350
Working in the hot sun like a dog all day is not dignifying for me.
>>
>>72042909
>USA would be easily able to afford great social security, better infrastructure, more human prison system.
no it wouldn't
>Yet Americans dont seem to want that
many do, you just have to learn about the separation of state and federal power in the US
>>
>>72043345
The American left is pushing an anti-white agenda, and they don't even care that it's killing the Democratic party. They just keep going further and further up their own assholes and refuse to accept the fact that they're driving people toward the right.
>>
>>72043776
This is true. They still will not stop the anti white rhetoric. 8 years no doubt.
>>
>>72043639

It's a hell of a lot more dignifying than living off the government
>>
>>72043223
ah yes let's keep telling working class people what's best for them despite knowing absolutely nothing about their lives, this has worked out so well for you recently
>>
>>72040176
How the fuck do those two events even compare??
Browntongue twats.
>>
>>72040176
They make best weapon.
>>
>>72043345
The left is against their interests.
>>
I like them.

Thanks for movies and vidya.
>>
>>72043805
You got me there
>>
>>72043813
DO NOT BRITISHSPLAIN ME!!!
>>
>>72043350
>Work gives you dignity.
>Taking money unearned from someone else doesn't.

Nice argument against rent
>>
>>72043462
>>72043569
Can this issue be solved somehow?
>>
>>72044343
It's cultural and also benefits the people in power, very unlikely.
>>
>>72044224

They earned the property by paying for it.
>>
File: 1465296652922.gif (2MB, 320x226px) Image search: [Google]
1465296652922.gif
2MB, 320x226px
>>72040176
Pretty fucking great
>>
>>72044460
>what is inheritance
>>
>>72044518

-tax

the price you pay to inherit something your ancestors worked hard for.
>>
>>72042825
Yeah, it's a ridiculous comparison.
>>
>>72043223
>>72043265
>be coal miner
>make middle class wage
>people in new york and california decide they dont like coal
>start regulating the fuck out of your industry
>see your friends and coworkers laid off, cant find work
>democrats keep raising taxes, but it seems like a lot of it is just going to affirmative action crap, roads and public schools are still dog shit
>year over year, despite raises, it never seems like you are making more money, have to pay retarded gubbament "penalty" for not having health insurance
>trump says he will undo job killing regulations and lower taxes
>vote trump
>coastal elites call you all inbred racist xenophobe hicks etc.
>"how could they vote republicunt???? democrats are TeH WOrking PEOPLES PARTY!!!"
This is the problem with Democrats. They tried to become some sort of unholy alliance between retarded "environmentalist" millenials and your classic blue collar union worker. Turns out doing a bunch of dumb anti-industry shit that kills jobs and communities and goes against the very roots of your organization doesnt work too well.

Republicans might be pro-business, anti-union whatever. Your average union worker would way rather have a job at the end of the day, then no job at all.
>>
>>72043350
but what is wrong with helping people back on their feet who are in a tough spot in their life?
>>
>>72044540
Still didn't earn it. It's essentially a gift from your ancestors minus a cut for the state.
>>
>>72044448
It benefits the people. Go into any factory or warehouse and its full of single payer healthcare propaganda. So the people that run it can stop posting for people's insurance and pay them less
>>
>>72044838
*paying
>>
>>72044604

the problem is it's stealing money. rely on friends/family/private charity to get you through. 99% of people shouldn't have a problem if they actually SAVE money instead of living above their means.

>>72044618

your direct bloodline did, and you still have to pay taxes to get it. what a joke. good people pass on assets to their family; it's a reward for being smart with your money.
>>
>>72044895
>9% of people shouldn't have a problem if they actually SAVE money instead of living above their means.
You're spot on here. Way too many people trying to live above their wages in order to feel better about themselves and to try and show off
>>
>>72040176
My thoughts on Americans and the USA are positive
>>
>>72044005
>>72044970
Ayyy
>>
>>72044895
>your direct bloodline did, and you still have to pay taxes to get it. what a joke. good people pass on assets to their family; it's a reward for being smart with your money.

Doesn't change the fact that
>the heir didn't earn the property he inherited, it was gifted to him. The fact that it's taxed is immaterial (all transactions above a certain value are taxed regardless of whether it's a gift or payment)
>rent from inherited property is essentially leeching unearned money from someone who actually worked for it
>>
>>72044895
I see it more like an insurance. I mean, we all can be hit by sudden events that we cant prevent, and the costs would be far to high, even if we save up money. That happens really seldom, but it can happen to anybody. So it makes sense to distribute the risk through an insurance/redistribution of money
>>
>>72045064
>People shouldn't provide their children better future's

This attitude is the reason why spain is shit
>>
>>72045081
That's what insurance is without all the government interference

>>72045210
*a better future
>>
>>72045210
>This attitude is the reason why spain is shit

The contrary is true. Spain is a nation of hoarders with one of the highest rates of home ownership in the world: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_home_ownership_rate. This has driven the price of property through the roof.
>>
>>72045254
but what about people who are not economically viable for insurance companies?
>>
>>72042909
It really depends on the state, and whether you live in a metro area

The rural/urban divide is ridiculous, small towns that aren't in scenic places or are college towns have been dying for 50 years and the only people left who haven't moved to the nearest 100k+ population metro area are literally the most stupid, least motivated, uneducated, drug and alcohol addicted, teen parent retards. American bydlos. Blacks too, plenty of poor small black towns in the South with nothing going on. The smart ones head for the nearest cities, that's where to jobs and education are. Who's gonna have a better life, the family that takes a chance and moves from small town Georgia to Atlanta, or the one that stays there?

Being poor can mean totally different things in america. Plenty of places here where being poor isn't that bad because they have a working combination of decent social services, wages, and cost of living.
>>
>>72045346
Yeah, I heard that American states have a huge amount of autonomy and the differences between them are huge.
Almost like the different countries in EU
>>
>>72045346
What about nice rural areas? Like rural new england is pretty damn close to a utopia in my opinion.
>>
>>72044591
Yeah, but what about the fact that coal really does destroy the environment? Like in a real, disgusting way that makes the water undrinkable and the landscape a barren, hellish wasteland?

You can't just pretend that environmental issues aren't real just because of the left hates white, working class Appalachians.
They need jobs that don't literally destroy the places they live.
>>
>>72045494
This is where I'm torn on the political spectrum. I can't ignore emvironmental issues. The winters it barely even snows anymore.
>>
>>72045564
No matter what you do you won't stop global warming
>>
>>72045422
New England is an anomaly. As are certain beach towns and mountain towns, and any other "pretty" small towns with a population of hippyish people who come from cities originally.

If I hear "small town America" I immediately think of shitty, poor places that had their heyday over 50 years ago. All the smart and attractive people have moved away over the years. Nobody moves here, there's only people who haven't gotten out yet.
>>
>>72045670
But on a local level. Coal makes the places it's extracted and processed horrible, polluted and disgusting. This is indisputable, you can see it with your own eyes.

Yeah you're getting your paycheck but the water gives you cancer and the local forests and mountains are totally levelled.
>>
File: America8.jpg (124KB, 818x890px) Image search: [Google]
America8.jpg
124KB, 818x890px
>largest land mammals but thinnest skin

nature is strange and mysterious
>>
>>72045392
Yep. But the the urban areas in even the poorest states are wealthy and developed enough, it's the rural parts of the South and Midwest (and certain medium sized rust belt cities) that are dragging down everything.
>>
>>72045320
A vast minority of people. The one thing i think the government should do is cull the price of medical expenses.
>>
>>72045494
Mining is a fact of life man, I don't know where you think literally every metal you use comes from, but it generally comes from open pit mines. Long as that shit gets reclaimed I don't see a problem with it.

Maybe regulations are stricter in Canada, but I've physically been to open pit mines and I've lived in towns near mines. Additionally, there is still coal mining happening here, so maybe it's a matter of having regulations focusing on the right areas.

>that makes the water undrinkable and the landscape a barren, hellish wasteland?
Photos really don't do open pit mining justice, you have to physically go there to get an idea of what is going on. You are also conveniently ignoring reclamation efforts, however I'm not sure about how reclamation is handled in the US (we generally use reclamation bonds).
>>
>>72045773
Coal is the least of the environmental issues you need to worry about.
>>
>>72045210
Spain is full of empty buildings with the windows closed off by walls so homeless can't get in while the building slowly decays. Why? Because the owner of the building inherited it and is using it for nothing.
>>
>>72045676
Being from new england. Literally living in connecticut, rhode island, and vermont my whole life then moving to chicago was so insane. The midwest is so shit
>>
>>72046167
Usually the guy has it on sale but is asking an unreasonably high price for it, but he'd rather let it rot than sell it cheap. It's a very typically Spanish mentality.
>>
>>72046242
There's the result of your buddies the democrats. 80 years of local democrat rule hard at work.
>>
i generally like america and americans though i'm glad i don't live there beacuse they've got a lot of fucked up shit going on these days. i feel sorry for all the americans that are normal and aren't hyperpartisan retards, seems like almost every single one of them is either an alex jones listening creationist classcuck or a latte sipping race obsessed tumblrina. it's definitely a nation in rapid decline, sadly.
>>
>>72045676
There are a few other cases, like the rust belt town I grew up in, where people decide to return once they start families. Then again, our school was actually decent, albeit small, and it wasn't very far from a major city and other slightly larger towns. However, there are a lot of places that don't have these things, and they are fucked
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.