[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1821

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 58

File: .png (198KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
.png
198KB, 1000x750px
Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
http://djtguide.neocities.org/

Special /int/ FAQ:
>What's the point of this thread?
For learners of Japanese to come and ask questions and shitpost with other learners. Japanese people learning English can come too I guess.
>Why is it here?
The mods moved us here and won't let us go anywhere else.
>Why not use the pre-existing Japanese thread?
The cultures are completely different.
>Go back to /a/
There's the door

Last thread:
>>71918014
>>
File: the weebslayer.gif (354KB, 700x946px) Image search: [Google]
the weebslayer.gif
354KB, 700x946px
stop watching anime
>>
おはようくそったれ
>>
>>71997703
おはようソマリアさん
>>
is rikkaisama finally on chrome
>>
>>71998052
No, but I've been using yomichan, which seems better than rikaikun and more importantly has anki integration.
>>
File: ゆるゆり_1_079.jpg (750KB, 1379x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ゆるゆり_1_079.jpg
750KB, 1379x2000px
おやすみ
>>
>>71998184
ill give it a go
>>
Help

あいつがやったことにすれだ

あいつ = 'That (person)'
が = particle that says 'That (person)' is to be emphasized
やった = did it (in this context killed That (person)
ことに= (have) decided to
すれ = ???
だ = masculine declarative

am I getting this right?
>>
File: aa.png (4KB, 554x107px) Image search: [Google]
aa.png
4KB, 554x107px
>>71998359
also I got overwhelmed from this, whats it about?
>>
>>71997748
何を言っている
ドイツの癖に
>>
>>71998396
Does 8 月 3 日

means; January 3?
>>
>>71998493
In what world does 8 = January?
>>
>>71998543
fuck, meant aurgust
>>
>>71998359
>あいつがやったことにすれだ
Did you transcribe that? If so, are you sure you got it right? You could make sense of it if the last だ were a ば instead, for instance.

>>71998396
August 3, 9:47 AM
District Court, Defendant Waiting Room #2
>>
>>71998359
I think that's a typographical error of the one of followings
あいつがやったことにすれば/ if someone had ascribed it to him,
あいつがやったことにすれば?/ how about ascribing it to him?
>>
>>71998670
>>71998745

yeah my bad it is indeed ば, but was my dissection in >>71998359 okay aside from the ば?
>>
>>71998764
Well, it depends on the context. Is it a question? Is it part of some other text?

If it's a question, you could for instance translate it to, "what if you made it so that he committed the murder?". It's hard to be more specific without context, but hopefully that fits the context. If it's not a question, then something like "if you made it so that he committed the murder, [...]" where the omitted part would be what succeeds the ば.

In any case, the key is to understand what ことにする means.
>>
>>71999034
I think "what if I made it so that he committed the murder?" sounds about right.

about ことにする what does する (suru) mean exactly? i have only found things for Su re but not ru, thank you anon
>>
>>71999078
I think it's easier to think of ことにする as a whole instead. A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar explains it better than I would, so it's probably better if you just looked it up there. Page 204-206.
>>
>>71998276
Are futons even comfortable
They look like sleeping bags
>>
>>72002059
they are probably pretty hard, which is the reason why they are good for your back

plus, I don't think I've ever seen a character just letting himself drop onto a futon like you would see it with western beds
>>
I just overslept around 6~8 hours.

Am I dying? If I am, I would be more pissed at wasting all this time doing Anki than anything.
>>
>>72003394
We're all dying, it's okay. One day, you'll be such ashes anyways so you might as well learn Japanese while you still can.
>>
>>72003447
But if I'm dying NOW, it was an useless effort, since I won't have the time to enjoy the rewards.

Meh. Too late to stop now, anyway.
>>
こ, こんなにドキドキするの

ko, konna ni doki doki suru no

ko(?), Like this my heart beats fast?
>>
>>72003692
Ko = stuttering.

The final "no" looks like an abbreviation of koto, so this whole bit is a sub-clause for a longer sentence.

For instance, こんなにドキドキするのが嫌いです。
I hate it when (my) heart pounds this much/like this.

Don't trust me, I don't study grammar.
>>
File: P1060340.jpg (3MB, 4592x3448px) Image search: [Google]
P1060340.jpg
3MB, 4592x3448px
>>
>>72003866
>stuttering.

fuck, all these particles and conjugations and shits made me not consider stuttering lmao

Mimetic words are really confusing

thanks friend
>>
>>72003897
Interesting
I've never see that Zoi-chan poster before
>>
>>72003897
Oh yeah what's that one next to Zoi-chan though?
>>
File: P1070037.jpg (135KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
P1070037.jpg
135KB, 960x1280px
>>72004223
Came with a stack of other post-card sized illustrations like that in an anniversary edition of まんがタイムきららキャラット, the one beside the Zoi is some arts club manga from the same magazine, I'd check the name but I'm nowhere near my shelves right now.
>>
>>72003897
>>72004462
Fuck off, tripshit with your entry level collection and gourmet peripherals.
No one cared back on /a/, no one cares now.
>>
File: P1060756.jpg (2MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
P1060756.jpg
2MB, 2272x1704px
>>72004642
Make me
>>
アーモンドが活性化されるぞ
>>
File: する.png (31KB, 366x527px) Image search: [Google]
する.png
31KB, 366x527px
>>71999078

probably the second definition?
>>
What I gathered so far from reading various explanations is that:

気を遣う - worry about general things
気を使う - worry about people
>>
日本人さんは英国バンドがすきですか??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yao_T2adl14
>>
>>72006308
I would say you have it backwards. 気を遣う is warmer and more emotional, like "to be considerate of," while 気を使う is more impersonal, like "to pay attention to." Both can be used for people. It's similar to the difference between 会う and 逢う.

But according to newspaper standards, 遣う is only used in the form 遣い as part of a compound word, like 気遣い, 小遣い, 無駄遣い, while the verb つかう is always written 使う.
>>
Is there a consistent system or any kind of rhyme to verb endings?
>見る to see
>見せる to demonstrate
>見える to be seen

>乗る to get on
>乗せる to place something on

should I be building a spreadsheet with verbs and variants sorted by end suffixes or is there such a spreadheet already or would that be fruitless?
>>
>>72007731
The せる ending is probably related to the causative form.
>見る to see
>見せる to cause to see

>乗る to get on
>乗せる to cause to get on

But 見える comes from the archaic ゆ-verb 見ゆ.

>would that be fruitless?
yeah probably
>>
>>72007096
I took a second look around and your description makes more sense.
>>
https://twitter.com/inairesaikou/status/837494083178225664
>おいちょっと待て、NintendoSwitchにGO様出演してて草
What does this mean? From what I can tell, he's saying
>Hey, wait a second, GO-sama is in the Nintendo Switch.
What does that "出演してて草" part at the end mean? Is it slangy?
>>
>>72011154
Isn't 草 this?
http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q14160412704

wwwwww looks like grass so they say 草
>>
>>72011291
So basically, 草 is the Japanese equivalent of lol?
>>
>>72011525
one of many and leaning more towards the 2ch type of netspeak rather than the normie twitter type
>>
>>72006308
>遣う
is a totally right word but not so used irl and even on the internet. everyone uses 使う as simplified alternative of 遣う
>>72007096
your explanation and comprehension seem nearly perfect. i wouldnt be able to explain like that.
>>
>>72011716
I see.
Why does "wwww" represent laughter anyway? Sounds really weird.
>>
>>72011850
warau
>>
could be rather kinda kek or lel. a single of w was literally lol. wwww is just lolololol or such. in the case, してて草(生える) sounds more like something funny makes me type w key many times (like bushes coming out there) in English
>>
I have a question:

>窓を開けました
>窓を開けてありました
I get what these mean, the first one is "(I) opened the window" and the second is "(I) opened the window (intentionally)".
My question is, when would I ever use ~てある form? Like, it's in N5 grammar so it must be used relatively often, but it seems to me like it's beyond obvious through context that you did something intentionally or not, and if not then the しまた form seems to be better to use. Why would I ever use this? Examples?
>>
>>72012366
I see, thanks.
>>
>>72014034

てある is a state, not a physical action, so your translation isn't right. And を isn't going to be used with てある. てある is used to say something has been altered or changed by someone or something and remains in that state. It's like ている except it implies an actual agent that caused the change (plus transitive verbs usually take it unlike ている).

遅刻するなと書いてありました

""Don't be late" was written."

The agent can be
>>
>>72014034
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't 窓を開けてある mean "I opened the window and it's currently open"?
>>
>>72015377
Oh, so as you said it's like ている except a thing is in a progressive state (because of the action of something/someone else)?

So...
>窓が開けてありました。
>The window was (and still is) opened.

>>72015471
It seems like it might be that, I just happened to see てある on a 3rd rate grammar site from Google and didn't second-guess what it told me (big mistake).
>>
>>72015560
>窓が開けてありました。
>The window was (and still is) opened.

My bad, I know that's wrong.

>窓が開けてある
>The window is open [by someone] (and will continue to be in that state)
>>
>>72015377

Ignore that last line, I messed up.

I got a question for any experts at つもり:

PAST TENSE + つもりだったが、

So basically I WAS convinced that I DID something, but... (I actually didn't)

PRESENT TENSE + つもりだったが、

I was intending TO do something, but... (I didn't)

So, past tense + つもりだった the person is already convinced the action has taken place (but it hasn't), and present tense + つもりだった the person hasn't done the action yet and only intended to (but ultimately doesn't). Is that the basic idea? Any comments or insights are appreciated.
>>
File: 目立つ.png (433KB, 793x902px) Image search: [Google]
目立つ.png
433KB, 793x902px
胸が目立ちますね。
>>
>>72015560

Actually I'm sorry てある can get を, since てある is used with transitive verbs. However, I think てある is not going to refer to your own past actions. I don't want to say never as I'm not familiar enough with the phrase, but it seems more to imply someone else did the action. 窓を開けてありました is I think a perfectly intelligible sentence, meaning something like the "The window was opened (by someone) (and remained open)".
>>
>>72016127

>when you mistake her ひじ for her ピンクな乳首.
>>
>>72015752
>送ったつもりだ
I believe it has been sent
>送るつもりだ
I intend to send it
>送ったつもりだった
I thought I had sent it already
>送るつもりだった
I meant to send it

I believe your understanding is correct
>>
>>72016127
>>72016294
オーマイガー
I really thought it was a tit, kept staring for several seconds trying to understand it if was shooped or maybe a mitake by the image miner they used.
>>
>>72016162
Thanks, I understand it now.
>>
>>72014034
てある is used for a continuous intentional state that is the result of an action (transitive verb). As a state, it uses が, who did it is unknown and cannot be guessed. (There are cases where を is used but this is relatively rare and not relevant at this level.)

窓を開けた (I) opened the window
窓が開けてある the window is left opened (for some purpose)
窓が開いている the window is open
>>
>>72016781
I see, thanks. This makes sense
>>
>>72004462
>>72004702
Are you one of the anons who used to look after the cor/guide/etc.? While you're here tripping in these threads, would you mind using some of that super fast Switzerland internet connection to replace all those dead links in the cor? Someone from that region of Europe could probably upload gigs worth of content in under an hour.
Love to be able to help out but tiny data cap and 30kb/s up isn't of any use to anyone. (._.)
>>
>>72006308
>>72007096
Found this
http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q128279407
使うは使用する
遣うは派遣する
と考えれば
気持ちを働かせれば「気を使う」
気持ちを相手の方に遣れば「気を遣う」ではないでしょうか?
相手を思いやりたい時は「気を遣う」
上司の機嫌を取る時は「気を使う」
と使い分けてみるのも面白そうですね。
ちなみに新聞の表記などでは「遣う」よりも「使う」の方が
一般的に広く使われているように思います。

>気を遣う is warmer and more emotional, like "to be considerate of," while 気を使う is more impersonal, like "to pay attention to." Both can be used for people. It's similar to the difference between 会う and 逢う.
Seems to gel with what this other person is saying.
Interestingly enough goo lists some of it's potential meanings as:
http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/146562/meaning/m0u/%E9%81%A3%E3%81%86/
>あれこれと注意を払って心を働かせる。「気を―・う」「細かい神経を―・う」
>保つ。
A little funny how something which could be translated as to "use someone" will sound mostly negative in English can be the complete opposite in Japanese.
>>
>>72007731
http://www.sljfaq.org/afaq/jitadoushi.html
>>
>>72016781
>開いて
So I read this whole conversation with 開け as あけ but 開いて makes me think it was ひらけ all along, does it make a difference?
>>
>>72022065
ひらける would be the potential form of ひらく, why would he be saying that?
>>
>mfw some of the words in the Core 6k are really dumb
>>
>>72022207
Yes, which confuses me because in the last line of >>72016781 he used 開いて which is the te-form of ひらく not あける. This leads me to believe he changed which verb he used on that line or there was something else I didn't understand and I assumed there was something else I didn't understand seeing as he probably knows much more Japanese than I do.
>>
>>72022380
>he changed which verb he used on that line
that's correct
>>
>>72022484
Oh, ok. I guess I was just overthinking it then. I guess that answers my original question of whether it made a difference or not seeing as they were literally interchanged, thanks anon.
>>
>>72022380

ている = intransitive form, so 開く (あく)
てある = transitive form, so 開ける (あける)

Without knowing the etymology of あく vs. ひらく, and obviously without being a native speaker, I've noticed that あく is usually intransitive and used for things like opened doors/windows/holes and ひらく is more transitive and about opening textbooks, meetings, etc.

Can anyone take a crack at the translation of this sentence?

"実際、ツイッターでも利用してはぐらかさねばならないほど、トランプ政権はたくさんの問題に直面している。"

Really just this line:

"利用してはぐらかさねばならないほど"

Context is a recent article about Trump, and is in particular talking about his tweets.
>>
>>72022655
Thanks anon, I didn't even consider that it was あく, that makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>72022655
>実際、ツイッターでも利用してはぐらかさねばならないほど、トランプ政権はたくさんの問題に直面している。
In reality, the Trump administration is facing many problems, to the point where he is forced to use Twitter and other outlets to tiptoe around them.

>はぐらかさねば
negative ば conditional of はぐらかす
>>
>>72022655
悲しい!
>>
Anyone on Windows 8.1 get this issue where Google IME suddenly stops working for some time and then comes back on its own? I can't seem to find anything online. Also, reinstalling and restarting don't do anything.
>>
>>72024294
That's when the program is busy packing and dumping your typing historic of the past day to Google-sama in order to... ahem, improve your user experience.
>>
>>72024294
It's happened once or twice with me and I ended up restarting the IME and Windoww Explorer via the task manager, which seemed to solve it.
>>
>>72024423
I'm sure Google would be much quicker and somewhat discreet about it. I haven't been able to switch to Japanese input for about a week now.
>>
>>72015752
するつもりだった i was going to do
したつもりだった i thought i did

basically all you need to remember are these
>>
>>72022270
core10k with cute anime girls never.
>>
any of you ever focus on pitch accent in the words you're learning ?

Try to get a native accent, it's possible.
>>
>>72025018
This accent thing is so weird to me who watched anime all the time. It's like so natural to speak because I've heard it many times before that I don't even think I'm messing it up. At least no one has called me out on it so far.
>>
>>72024868
How would you do it? Try to get images to match the example sentences or try to use manga and/anime with Japanese subtitles containing the key vocab term for the card?

>>72025101
Record yourself sayings a few different words to see if anyone else notices your native accent. I sounds Australian as fuck trying to say anything in Japanese.
>>
>>72022380
あいている and ひらいている are the same meaning. あけられている ひらかれている are passive. あけてある ひらかれてある are "the window is left open." this is about the difference between ある and いる.
ある expresses someones intention, いる expresses just a condition of the object in a certain situation.
>>
File: 1453673709495.jpg (137KB, 611x772px) Image search: [Google]
1453673709495.jpg
137KB, 611x772px
発展場
>>
>>72025101
No one has the guts to call you out on it, try looking up Dogen on youtube and compare your accent to his, he also has a good Pitch Accent guide series there aswell.
i'm not talking about pronunciation either, just the pitch accent patterns that occur in in the language.
>>
>>72025310
>ひらかれてある
*ひらいてある

あけられている ひらかれている are also pretty intentional even though they are いる because they are simply passve
>>
>>72025370
Somewhat surprising that this Dogen guy has under 10k subs. Some of the other gaijin Japan channels littered throughout the recommendation side bar have 100k+ subscribers.
Watching his 省略語 video at the moment and if a lot of his other videos are like this he has a pretty decent presentation and speaks clearly.
I like his sense of humour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNIq4pp5vu0
>>
>>72022785

Ah, learned something new today, I don't think I've ever seen this kind of negative ば form for literary works. Thanks, and if I were to nitpick your translation I think the でも利用 here is to emphatically state he uses twitter, not to imply other means of utilization. I say this because it looks like でも is replacing を.
>>
>>72025806
https://djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#%E3%8A%A5%E3%81%AD%E3%81%B0%E3%81%AA%E3%82%89%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84
>>
Is 漢語 a 漢語?
>>
>>72025806
>if I were to nitpick your translation I think the でも利用 here is to emphatically state he uses twitter, not to imply other means of utilization. I say this because it looks like でも is replacing を.
Then write one yourself, big guy.
I'm not offended, but my ego is bruised, so I'll embarrass myself with a single long-winded post defending my translation, which I still stand by.

https://kotobank.jp/word/%E3%81%A7%E3%82%82-576904

I believe this is a case of definition 3 from デジタル大辞泉:
>3 物事をはっきりと言わず、一例として挙げる意を表す。「けがでもしたら大変だ」「兄にでも相談するか」
and definition 4 from 大辞林 第三版:
>軽く例示的に提出する。 「お茶でも飲みましょう」 「ホテルのロビーででも待っていてください」

Both definitions have でも replacing を in one of their example sentences (けがをする vs. けがでもする, お茶を飲む vs. お茶でものむ).

"[T]o use Twitter and other outlets" is obviously inserting some information that was not there in the original text, but it felt like the most elegant way to express the idea to me in this situation, since it doesn't have an exact 1-to-1 English equivalent.

And Trump does indeed use Facebook as well as Twitter to go around the mass media.
>>
>>72027087

Well defended, I concede your reasoning.
>>
File: 1463590594989.jpg (45KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463590594989.jpg
45KB, 960x640px
>>72025018
>>72025101
>>72025205
>Record yourself sayings a few different words to see if anyone else notices your native accent
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1xCd7RNDzF2

いやいやいやいや
大体のルールはブラジル君だけ根性がある、ここ。

アクセントの話について俺は何か心配しないし、試行錯誤に学びます
英語でもそんなアプローチを使った、完璧な発言するのよりすこし違う言葉と長い文を喋れるのほうがいいともいます。

But yeah, feel free to tear me apart.
>>
>>72028298
>not even a second in
>already know
Feels bad.
>>
File: 1476355203469.png (6KB, 93x113px) Image search: [Google]
1476355203469.png
6KB, 93x113px
What is this, め~あ? Should it mean something?

>>72028490
What?
>>
>>72028566
I noticed your native accent less than a second in when you're saying いやいやいやいや
>>
>>72028298
日本語でおk
>>
>>72028783
Ok.
>>
>>72029004
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0uA6IxNh6ui
>>
>>72028566
it might be めしあ
we pronounce Messiah "meshia" in japanese
>>
>>72028566
You sure it's not あ~あ?
>>
>>72029954
>>72030556
No idea, it's a background shop sign that adds nothing to the story.
Maybe it's just random garbage.
>>
>>72030658
>it's a background shop sign
What does the shop look like- would you mind posting the full image if it isn't lewd?
>>
File: 1469220222633.png (1MB, 1614x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1469220222633.png
1MB, 1614x1102px
>>72030755
No relevant clues.
>>
post your most recent mined word/phrase
>>
File: ゆるゆり_2_084.jpg (313KB, 1381x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ゆるゆり_2_084.jpg
313KB, 1381x2000px
>>72030922
Maybe it's a pun by なもり or one of the voice actors (from memory, a lot of 綾乃's puns where actually made up by her voice actor and なもり used them in the manga)
http://www.dajarenavi.net/kw/m/meshi.htm
めしあがり→めしあ ? I don't know, it could be a little noodle shop or something.
By the way, this site is cool:
http://midoriwanai.la.coocan.jp/yryrdb/yryra.htm
>>
>>71997345
なんでJapan Thread てこんなに続いてんの?
もう1821個もスレたってんの?
>>
>>72031323
>a lot of 綾乃's puns where actually made up by her voice actor and なもり used them in the manga
What the fuck, wasn't the anime released when they were already in Volume 4 of the mango?
The first pun (bakkin bakingamu) happens pretty early on on volume 1.

How did she even made the puns up if she had to read the dialogue from the original material before?
>>
>>72031365
Not all of them. I remember reading about it I think from one of the volume afterwords.
>>
On a side note there is also a ダジャレ bot on Twitter which reposts puns posted by the Twitter accounts of なもり and 藤田咲 (綾乃's voice actor)。Because, you know, why not?
https://twitter.com/ayano_dajare
>>
>>72031634
There's actually a word for pun. Interesting.
>>
File: 1455010641694.gif (2MB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
1455010641694.gif
2MB, 600x540px
Slang and non-polite forms give me trouble. I mean, I've only been at it for a few weeks but when I come across stuff in manga that I already know I find it hard to understand a lot of the time because they're being used in ways I'm not used to. It's kind've annoying.
>>
>>72032598
>kind've
what even is this
>>
File: 1488348576180.jpg (93KB, 772x525px) Image search: [Google]
1488348576180.jpg
93KB, 772x525px
>>72032598
>kind've
>>
File: 1430130394511.gif (126KB, 410x480px) Image search: [Google]
1430130394511.gif
126KB, 410x480px
>>72032633
>>72032634
>kind of
It's not grammatically accurate but I still type like that sometimes. Have you two not seen others use that? It's like when you hear someone say "kind of" but the words run together. It sounds like "kind've."
>>
File: 1378589683536.jpg (130KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1378589683536.jpg
130KB, 1000x1414px
>>72032598
It will take at least another few months of reading before it stops being annoying. At least you have excellent taste in 2D girls to fall back on.

>>72032633
>>72032634
Kind of→kind've
It's purely phonetic, from the "ve" sound of "have".
>>
>>72032686
"kind've" would be a shortened form of "kind have", a grammatical structure that doesn't exist.
>>
>>72032742
Now you start to understand that natives don't play by textbook rules.
>>
>>72032900
There's not playing by textbook rules, and then there's "kind've".
>>
>>72032929
It's phonetic, anon.
Shoulda coulda woulda wanna say alota tings but hav'n the time t'care.
>>
Hi I'm new to djt and japanese in general and i Have a few questions.

>most guides I read said to master kana and kanji for the first 3 months of learning, does this mean I am not to touch any grammar lessons yet? and only do so once I complete the two thousand kanjis required?

>are kanjis considered as letters or words/vocabulary

>to actual japanese people, how did you learn kanji? was it repetition over and over again or did you guys use a specific method?

thanks
>>
きみはドキドキの?

or

緊張してるの?

When do I use mimetic words? or is this completely optional? do people really use this?
>>
>>72033092
Learn the kana first. It takes less than a week. Obviously you can only get fluent in reading them by actually using them. So no you don't have to 'wait' until you know them perfectly. You could start grammar day 1, just avoid roumaji as much as possible.

As for kanji. Some people never bother learning them and just hope to learn them through reading them a lot. I used to be in that camp but I kinda hit a wall soon. Now I learn them together with vocab and with anki. This is the preferred way.

The Japanese have a list of kanji they need to know every grade. But it's best not to go by that list since it includes rarely used kanji and does not include some common kanji. Also the order is fucked up.

The best order to learn them in imho is frequency.
>>
>>72033563
that's very helpful! thank you!

Is it true that you can get fluent within 6 months to a year?
>>
>>72033563
>avoid romaji as much as possible.

I'm curious about this, when trying to learn grammar and vocabulary, do you guys also avoid translating the sentence in english in your head to make more sense of the sentence? or do you already comprehend it in japanese?

I've heard of people saying to turn your english brain off and start to think in japanese and I'm finding it hard to do, any tips?
>>
>>72033645
No.

Perhaps if you live in Japan and have a few natives you can practice with for hours everyday, who answer your questions and correct you.

And disregard reading completely and just focus on conversation. But I wouldn't call an illiterate fluent.

I've heard about some people getting a JLPT N2 in a year, but you have to be extremely dedicated. And they would still be far from fluent.
>>
>>72033758
In the beginning you can't help but do it this way. Parse each sentence and understand the role of each part grammatically.

That sort of thing only comes with fluency.
>>
>>72033911
so in your first year or so of learning its perfectly normal to make sense of a sentence using english? something like this?

>japanese sentence is incomprehensive
>translate each part of the sentence into english
>japanese sentence now makes more sense
>>
>>72034001
No, you go to a j-e dictionary and get a rough idea of what each word means, maybe read some example sentences while you're there, then with that knowledge memorised read the sentence in Japanese.
>>
File: grab my hand bro.jpg (211KB, 1323x1764px) Image search: [Google]
grab my hand bro.jpg
211KB, 1323x1764px
You could've grabbed it
>>
File: sure.jpg (169KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
sure.jpg
169KB, 600x752px
>>72034876
>>
>>72021438
This is perfect and just what I was looking for, thanks a ton.
>>
>>72032686
i like those things including ebonics. but cant like "would of""should of" and " better then"
>>
>>72034876
Hand - て
>>
>>72029515
horror
>>
File: 1452945111067.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1452945111067.png
293KB, 633x758px
>Counting system
>Honorific system
>>
>>72033250
ドキドキ is frequently used. but its slightly girlish and casual compared to 緊張.
>>
counters are 愚純
>>
>>72039176
The honorifics aren't even bad if you've seen more than 2 anime.
>>
What's a good e-book reader for android that can look up words and add them to Anki?
>>
>>72041740
I doubt there's a single app on android that has anki integration, it's hard enough to get that on a desktop let alone a mobile device.
>>
>>72039176
>tfw still don't have a handle on the days of the week
I remember DJT gave me a riddle about how it all connected together but I've long forgotten it.
>>
>>72044427
Moon day, Mars day, Mercury day, Jupiter day, Venus day, Saturn day, Sun day.
Three of them at least should be easy to remember.
>>
>>72044427
Not sure if its the same "riddle" but the days of the week in Japanese have the same origin as they do in most western languages, in that they were named after the planets and the same planet names were used between latin and Japaese for the days of the week. And english took the days of the week from a mix of latin and the nordic equivalent of latin days of the week. For example

Latin English Japanese
sun Sunday 日曜日
moon Mo(o)nday 月曜日
Mars Tuesday (Tyr's day) 火曜日
Mercury Wednesday (Woden's day) 水曜日
Jupiter Thursday (Thor's day) 木曜日
Venus Friday (Freja's day) 金曜日
Saturn Saturday (Saturn's day) 土曜日

And in Japanese the planets are
Sun 日
Moon 月
Mercury 火星
Venus 金星
Mars 火星
Jupiter 木星
Saturn 土星

This may not help you remember it, but for some reason it helped me and I have always thought it was cool how the days of the week are basically the same across so many cultures and languages.

Also I'm not retarded and know the sun and moon aren't planets, that was just for ease of writing
>>
>>72045400
A clarification, the Latin days of the week were as >>72044908 said in the form dies Solis, dies Lunae, dies Martes, and so on not just the name of the god or heavenly body.
>>
>>72045400
>Mercury 火星
>Mars 火星
wtf
>>
>>72045853
>>72045400
Oh shit, Mercury is supposed to be 水星 my mistake.
>>
>>72045853
>wtf
wtf
>>
>>72045969
DQN
>>
File: avatar_807_1450440980.png (33KB, 160x119px) Image search: [Google]
33KB, 160x119px
In Japanese there are multiple lexical items for positive polarity minimizers
(hereinafter, minimizer PPIs), each of which can differ in meaning/use. For
example, while sukoshi ‘lit. a bit/a little’ can only express a quantitative (amount)
meaning, chotto ‘lit. a bit/a little’ can express either a quantitative meaning or an
‘expressive’ meaning (i.e. attenuation in degree of the force of a speech act). The
purpose of this paper is to investigate the semantics and pragmatics of the Japanese
minimizer PPIs chotto and sukoshi and to consider (i) the parallelism/non-parallelism
between truth conditional scalar meanings and non-truth-conditional conditional
scalar meanings, and (ii) what mechanism can explain the cross-linguistic and language
internal variation between minimizer PPIs. As for the semantics/pragmatics
of minimizers, I will argue that although the meanings of the amount and expressive
minimizers are logically and dimensionally different (non-parallelism), they can
systematically be captured by positing a single lexical item (parallelism). As for
the language internal and cross-linguistic variations, it will be shown that there is a
point of variation with respect to whether a particular degree morpheme allows a dimensional
shift (i.e. an extension from a semantic scale to a pragmatic scale). Based
on the above proposals, this paper will also investigate the pragmatic motivation
behind the use of minimizers in an evaluative context.
>>
File: ankistats.jpg (49KB, 676x372px) Image search: [Google]
ankistats.jpg
49KB, 676x372px
Is this amount of relearn normal?
>>
>>72049171

dat sukoshi and chotto understanding after the information sinks in tho
>>
File: 3.png (53KB, 719x367px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
53KB, 719x367px
>>72049366
It's OK. Here's mine.
>>
File: stats.png (476KB, 1442x770px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
476KB, 1442x770px
>>72051339
Shitty Anki stats thread?
Also, don't give up, anon. I believe in you.
>>
File: stats2.png (460KB, 1374x756px) Image search: [Google]
stats2.png
460KB, 1374x756px
>>72054132
Wrong chart, lol. They're pretty similar, though
>>
I've been getting a lot better card retention recently, but a lot of grammar still is beyond me sometimes. I have no problems reading simple, short sentences with relative accuracy now, but longer ones destroy me. Is the DOJG deck worth looking into for practice, or is it better to just keep reading and using it as a reference?
>>
>>72054745
The latter. That's not to say that focused grammar studies might not help, it's just that DOJG isn't really suited for that purpose, being a dictionary not a guide. I recommend Kanzen Master or Sou Matome for brief but comprehensible grammar studies beyond the beginner level. Buy now and get them all for free with a simple google search!
>>
Are there double subtitles in kanji with furigana and English time for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anywhere?
>>
>>72044427
nichi san gets a car so he can mock the king's door
日月火水木金土
>>
>>72054745
The best way to practice grammar is believe it or not to actually use the grammar. Reading is just too quick and fleeting, it's like listening to someone talk for an hour and trying to repeat every single they said back to them. Impossible, you'll only catch maybe 30%. That means you only catch 30% of grammar. Now, if you use grammar, retention goes up a lot, like it's 70% now after one usage. Use it like 5 times in a day, there's no way you'll forget it. 10, 20, now you definitely know it.
>>
>>72059315
mock the king at dawn*
>>
>>72044908
>>72045400
>>72059315
ありがとうございます みんな
They're not the one that DJT originally gave me, but still very good! The one I was given had to do with the elements which is why I remember I got it at all. It made so much sense with the kanji and all.
>>
File: [email protected] (520KB, 1355x2804px) Image search: [Google]
anki-stats-2017-03-09@00-43-42.png
520KB, 1355x2804px
I give up, I can't learn Japanese.

Just pressed good on all cards for a week due to burn out.
Just fuck my shit up.

I just can't do it, I work full time, learn japanese and go to school in the evening.

I think I just end myself.
>>
>>72056183
Both cover similar grammar right? Or would it be better to read the N3 textbook before N2?
>>
>>72060205

Just do less new cards you fucking drama queen
>>
File: hontouni.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hontouni.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>72060205
akiramenai yo!

watashi ha anata wo miru

watashi ha kani ni umi wo tsurimasu

samui desu!

dakara nevua givua appu
>>
Why does the core2k deck have two separate cards for chikai with the same meaning?
>>
>>72060205

It's gonna take a long time to learn my man, especially if your dedicated time is limited. You're in it for the long haul, as they say. Think long term goals.

>>72061277

Isn't one 近く and the other 近い? core2k has a few repeats though, probably no specific reason other than to drill in a frequent word.
>>
>>72032686
>>72032717
Of course, of course, there is nothing wrong with that, we SHOULD OF known...

>>72033024
>muh fun ethics
Wigger.

>>72034876
Oh, Japen, that'z not fun ethic or kewl at owl, it'z "U could of grabbit".

>>72056651
Your best bet is Blu-ray rips.
Doesn't Japan think of the deaf, by the way? Must be nice not having to worry about every single union and human rights association, from a producer point of view.
>>
>>72061277
I'm about 1k cards into 2k and the only repeat I've seen is なる. One 近く is and adverb and the other is a noun. There's also 近い which is different.
>>
>>72033563
>but I kinda hit a wall soon
What kind of wall did you hit?

I'm doing the no kanji method for now, just wondering.
>>
>>72061923
I think that anon is referring to when you actually go to read and all you see is kanji kanji kanji. It's like all your studying was useless because you read the kanji inbetween.
>>
>>72061954
Would knowing individual kanji help with that or is it more of a practice issue?
>>
>>72056651
I'm pretty sure I saw that one on kitsunekko
>>
>>72061727
>not having to worry about every single union and human rights association
a bit off topic. but they do. they really do, when it comes to disabilities. considering the discrimination and general ignorance among the masses that have existed/exist about disabilities, i was very suprised. japan is in a way extremely adaptive and considering to various disabilities (media almost never refers to the 2020 olympics, but the 2020 olympics-paralympics), and yet in some ways astonishingly unaware.

i have not read in depth about this, but learned that part of this seems to stem from eugenics and similar bad things during the war times, which has caused disability organizations to have a very strong position and voice, as some sort of atonement of guilt. this is perceived as a reason why prenatal testing of infants is extremely rare and actually wasn't introduced until recently if i remember correctly.

to me japan seems politically correct in many ways. like when i read a book that was full of racist words, and in the end there was a note from the publishers about how they are aware that some words are offensive. i have never seen anything like that before.

anyway. >>72056651
furigana subtitles is probably impossible. i have only seen them in shuwa news and programs for children. in normal broadcasting furigana is only added for difficult words (rare names and difficult kanji).
>>
>>72060205
"learning japanese" doesn't equal to looking at words that suddenly pop up on a screen and pressing buttons based on how well you remember it
>>
>>72062849
A lot of people seem to think it is.
>>
>>72062849

Uh yeah it does, Takashi-san. You have to start somewhere. Using pre-made time-based flash card sentences and common words to supplement and springboard oneself into reading actual Japanese material; do you have a better idea?
>>
>>72063139
it can be a part of it, and you could argue that it's the most effective way, but it does in no way equal "learning japanese"
>>
>>72063427
Can we stop using "learning japanese" and actually define this?
>>
>>72063559
>define this?
Being able to watch Hello Kitty without subtitles or a dictionary.
>>
File: 230.jpg (620KB, 1362x1948px) Image search: [Google]
230.jpg
620KB, 1362x1948px
What in the hell does でっぽのすけ mean?
>>
File: huh.jpg (62KB, 483x625px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
62KB, 483x625px
>>72063743
i think anki would help with that
>>
>>71997676
Thank you for the encouragement to focus on my studies. I will watch anime when they are done.
>>
My computer just bluescreened in the middle of reps. Here's hoping my progress thus far was saved.
>>
>>72060205
if i were you, this is what i would do:

get ankidroid and review throughout the day

suspend all production cards

move all unseen cards from your current deck into a new separate deck

set a low leech threshold on the new deck (3 or so)

restart studying from this new, clean deck

what to do with the old deck, production cards and leeches is up to you but you don't need to solve that right now. the important thing is to keep going without burning out. i think this will receive angry flame so let me state it is just my suggestion.
>>
>>72064000
I'm guessing でっぱ is 出っ歯, judging by his teeth.
Maybe it's a name, like しんのすけ or ありのすけ.
>>
>>72064890
I'm pretty ashamed that I read the hiragana wrong.

No idea how I could have fucked up that badly, but thanks.
>>
>>72062598
>furigana subtitles is probably impossible
Pokemon gets full furigana subtitles, which is good if you're into that series as there is always going to be new episodes out.
>>
>>72066375
>tfw you had to relearn every single pokemon name except Pikachu
Doesn't help that I don't even play any of the games after gen 4.
>>
english learner's thread
>>
>>72066813
質問あったら是非
>>
File: 1411521730637.jpg (16KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1411521730637.jpg
16KB, 348x342px
>>
>>72066925
ドンマイ
>>
>>72066869
how can i pronounce 'L'?
>>
>>72067018
you can't
日本人には無理
>>
>>72067087
Is it really impossible for them to ever do it? Like come on, can't the brain adapt with enough time?
>>
File: 48be2b2484090850a196e3f17362869a.png (559KB, 821x3109px) Image search: [Google]
48be2b2484090850a196e3f17362869a.png
559KB, 821x3109px
>>72066951
>>
>>72067289
I thought I was the only one who get scared by those.
>>
>>72061512
>>72063139
>learn my man
>Uh yeah it does
Stop writing like a teenager memelord.

>>72064584
Was it? I had a bluescreen for the second time in 10 days. Last time I lost a drawing that took me 5+ hours and was almost done, this time I lost 30 pages of a mango translation I was doing.

>>72067018
Lots of japs know how to do it, they even switch between L/R depending on the word they're using.
Example:
https://youtu.be/Ugn7xoTAwck?t=28

00:28 - kotoba ha meLody mahou no meLody
00:43 - ai no sukuLaachi
00:50 - tRu the night
00:53 - anata ha hoLa, anata mo hoLa
00:56 - dan dan odoRitakunaRu
00:59 - magikaLu gRub, magikaRuRu, owaLanai

Etc.
>>
>>72067158
A Japanese friend of mine has been living in America for more than a year, received a degree in English Literature in college, and he can't even HEAR the difference between "R" and "L."
>>
>ないものねだり
>asking for the moon
Can someone explain this to me?
>>
「時計を見ると11時30分だ。」
Would "I look at the clock and it's 11:30" be an accurate translation for this?

Also I'm having some trouble figuring out which と it's supposed to be. Is it, from the DoJG, "A particle which lists things exhaustively." or "A subordinate conjunction which marks a condition that brings about an uncontrollable event or state."
>>
>>72068003
>ないもの
something that does not exist
>ねだり
begging, pleading

begging for something that does not exist
>>
>>72067501

>Stop writing like a teenager memelord.

No can do my dude; I'm going to use friendly informal speech when talking on 4chan.

And now that you have been rude about it I'll probably subconsciously type that way in the days to come just to spite you.
>>
>>72068036
>begging for something that does not exist
Now that confuses me a little bit more.

Like when would this be used for example?

A career perhaps?
>>
>>72068022
>Would "I look at the clock and it's 11:30" be an accurate translation for this?
Yes, sure. But the と doesn't literally mean "and."
It's this:
>"A subordinate conjunction which marks a condition that brings about an uncontrollable event or state."

A more literal translation might be "When I look at the clock, I immediately find that it is 11:30." The と conditional is covered in Tae Kim if I recall correctly.
>>
>>72068022

The と that lists things exhaustively is only for nouns, e.g. 猫と犬が可愛い. The と in your example is the "if/then" と and it's going to mark clauses.
>>
>>72068103
>>72068110
My apologies for the dumb question, looks like I need to re-read TK. Thank you.
>>
>>72068064
Maybe adding random question marks to the end of your sentences would be a good idea? I hear that Brazilian guy really likes that?
>>
>>72068067
It means asking too much of someone, asking for something that they are powerless to supply you with. A little girl begging her dad for a pony.
>>
File: 678409_larger.png (34KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
678409_larger.png
34KB, 175x175px
Anyone knows what iVocabulary is?
What apps for androind have similar functinality for creation of lists of words?
>>
File: 1484441649266.gif (3MB, 283x204px) Image search: [Google]
1484441649266.gif
3MB, 283x204px
Ok, at first I felt retarded for doing nothing but Anki for 3 months without reading Tae Kim but I have to say it's much more enjoyable to know all the kanji he uses.
>>
>>72070034
it's best do do them both at the same time. Though reading has become much more fun now that I'm learning the kanji as well
>>
>>72069652
>What apps for androind have similar functinality for creation of lists of words?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.baka.aedict&hl=ja
http://aedict.eu/faq.html
>>
>>72070034
It's really weird how fast we progress, too.
I read a mango's volume and didn't get a lot of words in it.
Then I read it again 1 week later and I could already see lots of words I had just learned on Core popping right and left.

I'm not even a beginner, I'm almost hitting the 9k mark, so I wouldn't expect that.
>>
File: 1424888203625.jpg (13KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1424888203625.jpg
13KB, 420x300px
おはようございます
>>
>>72070348
おやすみなさい
>>
Do you use arimasu as 'have'?
>>
>>72071096
You can, yes.
>>
>>72071121
「もっと安いものはありますか」

"Have more of this thing but cheaper?"
>>
>>72071193
Do you have anything cheaper?
Is there anything cheaper?
>>
>>72071246
すみません
>>
>>72071246
err wait, did 'cheaper' came from 安い itself or did it came from もっと安い?

like もっと in this case not meaning '(any) more' but rather 'more 安い' as in more cheap = cheaper?
>>
>>72071487
これを少し安いのほうがありますか
>>
What happens when a Japanese native sees a new kanji that looks normal?

For instance, let's suppose 儀 is joyo and 議 is a rare kanji.
Is it normal that the person will just assume it's a 儀 and not even notice the difference?

Because there are LOTS of hyogai kanji that look pretty standard, they could pass as joyo.
>>
>>72071591
>少し安い

little cheaper as in 'a bit cheap/er'?
>>
>>72071634
Just saw an show on NHK where this just happened, it was about how they make dictionaries and how they decide on the words to add, and they showed 独擅場 (どくせんじょう) and asked three people how to pronounce it, and the 2 comedians and 1 idol all pronounced it as it it were 独壇場 (どくだんじょう). So they do haphazardly make assumptions when they see something new which looks the same as something they know, to answer your question.
>>
>>72072022
Ah, thanks! Glad to know I'm not doing anything wrong, then.
I thought this was a symptom of not learning it the standard (as in native Japanese student) way.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 640x960px
>>72072022
Here's a pic clarifying why both words exist
>>
>>72061109
Thanks kani guy.

>>72061512
I know, but there is a point where you are too slow that you might as well give up cause it would take you 20 years to be fluent.

>>72064842
Worth a try I guess, thank you.

>>72062849
Don't get the wrong idea I'm not an ankidrone, I want to do reps for 1h and read at least 1h if possible everyday, but I'm not always able to do that so the minimum is doing my reps for 1h.
For grammar I already read 4 grammar books and look everything else up as I go.

>>72060645
Sorry I guess I really acted like a drama queen, sorry for blogging.
>>
If i had to choose one and one only for grammar, which is better?

Tae kim's or Genki?
>>
>>72071487
>もっと in this case not meaning '(any) more' but rather 'more 安い' as in more cheap = cheaper?
That's right.
>>
>>72072380
thanks japanese bro, that makes more sense now, so in that context 'もっと' becamse an '-er' to 安い right?
>>
>>72072447
>'もっと' becamse an '-er' to 安い
You've got it.
>>
>>72072496
thank you friend, that actually made grasping that sentence easier
>>
What's the difference?
市場 (いちば)

市場 ( しじょう)
>>
>>72072786
basically
いちば physical market like town market
しじょう stock market, domestic/international market etc
>>
>>72072916
Thanks a lot anon.
>>
>>72072353
but why would you choose one and one only? just use both
>>
>>72071634
most notice.
id assume first that that rare one is a similar word or meaning to that joyo. also they couldnt pass.

or in reality ieveryone remembers it with its context and background. 儀 is mostly exclusive to 儀礼 儀式 祭儀 and such religious/cultic shit, rarely used in other contexts. whereas 議 is always used in some political/convention context like 議会 会議 議長 講義 and the like
>>
>>72073335
good point. but in what order?
>>
>>72073341
>講義
*抗議
>>
>>72068022
that と is a sort of participial construction.
like, "looking at the clock, its 11:30" which might technically grammatically be wrong in english but its how it sounds like in japanese.

for instance これを見ているとゲームがしたくなる would be "looking at this, i wanna play games."
>>
>>72072353
There is no ultimate grammar guide, they both do different things.
I read different books and Tae Kim is straight forward, it tells you the basics in a very direct way only only gives a few examples but it might be hard to grasp at first.

Genki takes forever to teach you grammar, but the explanations are better than Tae Kim in some cases, although Tae Kim teaches you more and faster overall.
I also like that they teach you some basic skills useful if you go to Japan like how a conversation could go if you want to buy something in a store etc.

You'll probably have to look up things while reading later on anyway.
>>
>>72073860
I think Tae kim is like a crash course in Japanese grammar just so you can start reading.

However you wouldn't want to use it as your only resource.
>>
>>72067087
you are useless.
>>
The learned Japanese via English is not Japanese language like as Japanenglish is not English.
Your Japanese are quite similar to our English.
>>
Australia-chan, I remembered one of the words I wanted to add to Google IME - Matomo 正面/真面. Now I can type it! Thanks.

>>72073341
Maybe that wasn't a very good example, since the 言 radical is very obvious. I was thinking more about kanji that have slight variations. Can't think of anything right now, though.
>>
>>72073940
I think the easiest ways to pronounce anything similar to an "L" is to place the tip of your tongue at the backside of your upper teeth and try to make a continues sound. (Your larynx shouldn't vibrate too much)
>>
is this correct?

きみは日本語ですか
>>
>>72062849
this, it should be an auxialiary support, not the main pillar of learning
>>
>>72075732
きみは日本人ですか

日本語・・・Japanese language
日本人・・・Japanese people
>>
>>72076010
how do you ask people if they speak japanese?
>>
>>72076078
きみは日本語ですか
there are too many omissions tho
>>
>>72076267
i see so this >>72075732 was okay?

is it acceptable/comprehensive?
>>
>>72076078
日本語できますか
日本語で話せますか
日本語を話せますか
日本語でいいですか
>>
>>72060205
ive been in a similar situation. read 2ch or shit like that and some news in japanese everyday. thats all ive done to learn english. ive rarely read english textbooks from the beginning. knowing something culturally new in learning a language and having a laugh are as important as remembering new words/expressions
>>
File: The Zone.png (3MB, 1890x817px) Image search: [Google]
The Zone.png
3MB, 1890x817px
What kind of mutants live here? Do you think there are rare artifacts? Have you ever been in the zone since the disaster?
>>
in your thought
English is global thing.
Japanese is local thing.

that is wrong.

Each English and Japanese is local thing.
Filipino should translate Tagalog into Japanese directly, other country's people is the same.
the people who speak English regularly are OK, but others just only study not Japanese but English.
>>
File: .jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
>>72077696
>>
>>72077742
バカにはわからない概念
>>
>>72077857
お前にしか分からない英語
>>
you can't understand difficult Japanese.
therefore we should use other language for stupid you.
>>
File: .jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>72077910
>>
File: 1489070765249.jpg (36KB, 359x343px) Image search: [Google]
1489070765249.jpg
36KB, 359x343px
>>72077890
>>
日本語でおk
>>
>>72077957
僕の画像を保存してくれたんだね。嬉しいよ!
>>
>>72077986
わからない
英語でどうぞ。
>>
概念って意味わかる?
無理?
>>
File: .gif (2MB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
2MB, 491x750px
>>72078005
そんなに照れなくてもいいのに。
>>
蛙鳴蝉噪だな
黙ってろ
>>
>>72078090
意味不明

ユー アー クレイジー.
>>
英語はローカル
日本語もローカル

これが違うというなら間違いなくraicism
>>
File: .png (692KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
.png
692KB, 963x720px
>>72078195
>raicism
>>
>>72078212
外来語ワカリマセンカ?
>>
レイシズムくらい日本語になってんのに。
すげえバカだな。国語という概念が理解できないからそうなる。
>>
File: 1489071538403.png (421KB, 723x540px) Image search: [Google]
1489071538403.png
421KB, 723x540px
れいしずむ = ニホンゴ
raicism = great English

←バカの頭の中
>>
傑作だ
このスレは傑作だ
>>
I want Japan to leave.
>>
raisinはいいね、うまいし、体にもいいし
>>
>>72078564
体にもいいかどうかはよくわからんけど I agree
>>
File: 1470039692051.png (233KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1470039692051.png
233KB, 500x501px
>お風呂が楽しくなる
How should that even be interpreted? The bath will become fun? This is probably a retarded question but I can't wrap my head around his.
>>
>>72078671
You got it right.
>>
File: 1487609503058.jpg (10KB, 143x280px) Image search: [Google]
1487609503058.jpg
10KB, 143x280px
>>72078727
I mean, it was a standalone statement, so I thought it was a bit weird. This happens a lot; I mean, where I'll read something in Japanese and actually understand it, but it still seems weird to me so I'm like "does this actually read like that?"
>>
File: 2014-02-20-083203.jpg (24KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
2014-02-20-083203.jpg
24KB, 500x354px
>>72078671
風呂 is fun.
it is usual, so it's no problem.
>>
Yo! Ohayo!
>>
File: 1489071538403.png (362KB, 651x486px) Image search: [Google]
1489071538403.png
362KB, 651x486px
>>72078727
お前ニホンゴわかんねえんだから黙ってろ
>>
>>72078844
まだおこなの?ww
>>
File: ohio_map_1.jpg (32KB, 418x328px) Image search: [Google]
ohio_map_1.jpg
32KB, 418x328px
>>72078817
ohio
>>
>>72078897
Nani?
>>
File: 54354543.png (11KB, 297x292px) Image search: [Google]
54354543.png
11KB, 297x292px
>>72078886
ほら英語だぞ > ohio

「?」って言わねえのか
>>
>>72077696
もっと高

more tall = taller?

>>72077696
but filipinos are exposed to english as much or probably more than tagalog, in fact we know deep english words better than tagalog
>>
>>72078972
NuNeNo
>>
>>72079023
N-Nani?
>>
>>72079022
「もっと高い」?
> we know deep english words better than tagalog
That's not so bad, right?
the people who speak English regularly are OK
>>
File: 18606449.png (60KB, 255x360px) Image search: [Google]
18606449.png
60KB, 255x360px
>>72079098
なにぬねの
>>
>>72079151
thanks nipponanon

and yes its pretty good
>>
>>72079022
>deep english words
What did you mean by this? Did you mean you understand English words to a deeper degree, or is "deep" a category of words because if so it's no category I've ever heard of.
>>
>>72079208
do itashimashite :)
>>
>>72079247
its a tagalog concept, there are deep tagalog words that only old people or people from provinces use, but its english equivalent is used very frequently.
>>
>>72079345
Give some examples
>>
>>72079247
something like that. tagalog is really a weird language that most of the people you'd talk to here wont even speak pure tagalog but rather taglish
>>
>>72079379
nakakapagpabagabag = bothering/some

People use 'nakakakaba' or use plain 'nervous' instead
>>
File: 1487824100725.png (565KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
1487824100725.png
565KB, 600x610px
>>72079494
>nakakapagpabagabag
what the fuck is this
>>
>>72079516
90% of the filipinos can't pronounce it too without practice
>>
>>72078988
いや、英単語を正しく書けたのでむしろ褒めてあげたいよ。偉いね!
今度は5文字の単語にしてみてね。応援してるから。
>>
>>72079642
ohio はネイティブアメリカンの言葉から付けた地名なので英語ではありません。
>>
File: 20080319041515.png (10KB, 297x292px) Image search: [Google]
20080319041515.png
10KB, 297x292px
大体語感でわかりそうなもんだが。
マジで馬鹿なんだな・・・
>>
さて寝るべ
gudo naito
>>
>>72079731
>ohio はネイティブアメリカンの言葉から付けた地名
それでもちゃんと辞書に載ってる英語だよ。karaokeやsamuraiなどと同様にね。
>>
>>72079962
ちなみにraicismは辞書に載ってない。
>>
File: Anzu.jpg (141KB, 870x587px) Image search: [Google]
Anzu.jpg
141KB, 870x587px
>>72077579
>>
いつか日本に行きたいだけど、飛行機を乗るのは怖すぎるだね
一生このスウェーデンに住むらしい
どうする
>>
>>72080461
>いつか日本に行きたいけど、飛行機を乗るのは怖すぎるね
>一生このスウェーデンに住むようだ
>どうする
ご免ね、つい
>>
>>72080573
確かに「だけど」じゃなくて、でも、「ね」とか「だね」とかどうでもいいだろう
まあ、本気で日本語を勉強したのは三年ぶりと思うから、文法には多いの間違いはずです
>>
>>72080791
>>72080791
>>72080791
>>72080791
新しいスレ
>>
>>72080792
「怖すぎるんだね」
だったらいいけど
直接「だ」を「すぎる」につけるのはアウトだ
>>
>>72080844
そうですね、「ん」が必要だった。
>>
>>72080863
それで「文法には間違いが多いはずです」だな
>>
>>72080942
そうでしたね。
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.