[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lang/ - Language Learning Belmondo Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: belmondo.jpg (159KB, 1200x895px) Image search: [Google]
belmondo.jpg
159KB, 1200x895px
>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
http://4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_/int/_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

http://www.duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>>>/t/746368
>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

https://fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

https://www.memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

https://lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

https://tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

radio.garden/
>Listen to radio all around the world through an interactive globe

More Resources: http://pastebin.com/erQ4tFqP
>>
Belmondo never dies
>>
I wanna learn French. I finished the duolingo course, so I suppose that now I have a basic (very basic) vocabulary, but I don't know where to go now. What do you recommend me?
>>
>>71991501
Look for the Michel Thomas course. That's a good one.
>>
>>71992912
The Michel Thomas course annoyed me because you have 2 other students. Paul noble is pretty similar but you don't have to listen to 2 other students. Michel also has quite a strong accent so he doesn't pronounce everything perfectly. On the Paul noble course they have a native speaker pronounce most of it.
>>
I have portuguese origins so I'd like to learn it someday
>>
>>71993115
I was surprised to hear how different Brazilian Portuguese is from the original, it doesn't sound at all similar.
>>
>>71994026
the rio accent is even worse.
>>
Buenas tardes, como estáis todos?

Dobra večer svima, kako ste svi?

Toki tawa sina ale! Sina ale pona ala pona?
>>
What's your list of failed attempts at languages?

Danish, Italian, French, Mandarin, Russian, Persian.

I've made a serious attempt at all these and gave up. I occasionally pick one of them up again but it rarely lasts long.
>>
>>71995182
Stick with somethin mufugga
>>
>>71995506

I've tried but i don't have a reason to learn any language so when it gets grindy i tend to fizzle out.
>>
>>71995182
Finnish, Catalan
I also studied French in school and forgot it
>>
>>71995182
I guess Italian, but we were forced to learn it in primary school, and as soon as I got to high school, I never used it again.
Not really sure if that counts.

Also, I started Vietnamese but realised I had to stop because I'm too busy with other languages. I fully plan on getting back to it when I have the time tho.
>>71995751
Normally people here are learning because it's a hobby (see: Autistic hobbies).
>>
Here's a translation challenge for you all: translate favourite song lyrics into the language you're learning
>>
>>71990606
Learning Afrikaans atm, the problem is the lack of good learning material.
anyone else here learning useless languages?
>>
>>71995182
>Spanish
>Mandarin Chinese
>Japanese
>Russian
>Dutch
>Levant Arabic

Currently trying French. Wish me luck lads.
>>
>>71997020
I know that feel with Croatian. Expect it's worse for me because Croatian has much more complex grammar than Afrikaans
It's so fucking annoying. Compared to languages like German, Spanish, French, English and Japanese, which all have mountains of resources, lesser known languages have shit-all resources.
Have you checked The Pile? There's 4 Afrikaans books in there

>>71996982
Ooh, not a bad idea. I'll give it a go and post results
>>
>>71996972
What, since when is Italian taught in primary schools downunder. And why..
>>
>>71997099
The Afrikaans grammar i luckily like a easy German/Dutch grammar, so that stuff is easy. I already got a learning book in English, but compared to my German one it makes everything more difficult to learn it via English due to the lingual differences. Biggest problem is the vocabulary, loads of false friends here
>>
>>71997171
>What, since when is Italian taught in primary schools downunder
Started in my area around the 1950s. However it became a bit more predominant in the 1970s.
>And why..
Large Italian speaking population.
My area is a bit different to the rest of Australia because Italians started moving here immediately after WW1.
Then after WW2 there was a massive wave of Italians, and so it became more popular across different schools.
Nowadays it just depends if you live in an area with a high Italian population or not.
I remember when I was a kid, I always thought Italian was a super-popular global language that everyone learned. I didn't realise until I was like 15 that this wasn't the case.
>>
>>71997222
Why learn Afrikaans btw? Autistic hobby, plan to move to Africa or travel there for other reasons, or another reason entirely?
>>
>>71997222
I plan one day to try and learn a language via another language. I think it would be interesting.

Yeah, false friends can be a prick. Plenty in English-Spanish

I plan on learning Afrikaans in the future, hopefully I'll have an easier time
>>
File: Suid Afrika.png (164KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
Suid Afrika.png
164KB, 600x719px
>>71997282
Autism, my girlfriend, impressing in-laws and holidays

>>71997318
>I plan one day to try and learn a language via another language.
It's kinda intersting. In my German book most parts of the grammar are just mentioned under "stuff you don't need to learn because it's just the same" but in the english book it needs to be explained because it's something that is uncommon to the English language. I think it would be a good way to learn a roman language though another one if you are good at it.
>>
>>71997429
>I think it would be a good way to learn a roman language though another one if you are good at it.

Yeah, I was considering learning Portuguese next year because I'll have finished my Spanish course, meaning I'll be at B2.
I will probably learn it via Spanish rather than through English, because things will make more sense.

>my girlfriend,
tfw no qt afrikaans gf who I saved from the savages
>>
>>71997498
Go and safe one there's a handful of them left.
Afrikaner cuties are objectively the most superior cuties. They will never be vegetarians, they love to braai(BBQ), they love to cook and take care of you, they don't oppose hunting and physically match all attributes you'd expect from a proper white girl
>>
>>71997664
I've already got a gf.
Not afrikaans, but her father is from Rhodesia. So I guess that's close enough.

>mfw I'm a language autist
>mfw my gf is monolingual

the eternal Anglo strikes again
>>
>>71997884
>the eternal Anglo strikes again
I'm quite sure that not learning a second and third language in school keeps most anglos from developing an interest in learning other languages, besides the fact that it is objectively useless. English is the only language you really need if you aren't doing anything with physics or engineering
>>
>>71998123
>I'm quite sure that not learning a second and third language in school keeps most anglos from developing an interest in learning other languages

You must study a 2nd language for all of primary school, and then for 3 years in high school.
I did Italian in primary school and then Japanese for 5 years of high school.

All of us study languages here in school. In some ways, I think that's what off-puts most people. They hate having to learn other languages.
I just think anglos lack the mental capacity for it.
>English is the only language you really need
this is a huge factor. Not to mention here in Australia, we're on an island cut off from the rest of the world.
Perhaps if there was as much of a cluster of separate languages in a small area like Europe, it would be different
>>
Want to get dive into French but I don't know where to start. How about Paul Noble?
>>
>>71996972
>Normally people here are learning because it's a hobby (see: Autistic hobbies).

That's the thing, i enjoy language learning but when it starts getting grindy/when i start reading native materials and it takes half an hour to read a page, other languages start looking more fun/useful/interesting/etc.
>>
>>71998226
>You must study a 2nd language for all of primary school, and then for 3 years in high school.
Oh, the Eternal Anglo is less ignorant than I thought
>>
>>71994086
sina ale li* pona ala pona?

tenpo ni la mi pona. sina?
>>
bamp
>>
>no beurette gf
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.