[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which civilization accomplished the most?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Human Races 2.jpg (81KB, 400x501px) Image search: [Google]
Human Races 2.jpg
81KB, 400x501px
In your opinion?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12475255
>>
Obviously Europe has contributed to the most in recent history, although many things like medical knowledge have strong roots from the east/middle east, which then ran the gamut through north africa and finally to Europe.

A much more appropriate poll for our time would be which Euro nation contributed the most, considering Europe has been practically the center of history for the past ~400 years.
>>
>>71988330
Which one is East Africa?
>>
File: 1413606637871.jpg (20KB, 476x324px) Image search: [Google]
1413606637871.jpg
20KB, 476x324px
>>71988360
>400 years
>>
>>71988361
The one that contains Sub-Saharan Africa
Yall the same in your incompetence
>>
File: 1387692701212.jpg (547KB, 1200x967px) Image search: [Google]
1387692701212.jpg
547KB, 1200x967px
>>71988360
>A much more appropriate poll for our time would be which Euro nation contributed the most, considering Europe has been practically the center of history for the past ~400 years

A British historian made a research about it and surprizingly came to the conclusion that Britain did
>>
>>71988376
We wuz knights and shieet.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssinian%E2%80%93Adal_war
>>
>>71988385
>British Historian chose Britain.
>>
>>71988330
These aren't civilizations. These are racial groups.
>>
>>71988385
I'd say that's about right.

This subject has always interested me, and pol has always frustrated me because they cop out and just say "lol all other people are just retards but us".

For instance, so much European innovation came from inter-ethnic/national warfare on the continent, but why didn't other peoples feel the need to one-up each other. That's not to say other people avoided innovations, the mongols rekt Eastern Europeans with their novel tactics of mass horseback archers.

Another huge factor is domesticated animals. Europe had fertile land and several major animals they could domesticate, leading to improved agriculture that saw increased stable populations, urban centers, and innovation. Other places like the Americas lacked these animals (they only had the alpaca/llama).

I am barely covering a fraction of it though, but I refuse to just simplify all down to some pol race theory shit. There must be so much more to the story
>>
>>71988413
>>71988389
Because Britain did though.
#notanargument
>>
File: 1485170155763.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1485170155763.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>71988330
>Arabs (Middle East, Turkey, Persia, Ancient Egypt...)

>White asians
>>
>>71988385
So... All the countries with significant percentage of contribution are European?

No Asian countries, nothing else (Russia is Eurasian, but still)?

Hard to believe.
>>
>>71991230
How is it hard to believe? Everything around you was invented by Europeans or Americans
>>
Had to vote abbo
>>
>>71988330
>ywn be anything other than gypsy bullfighters in the eyes of 19th century racial theorists

JUST
>>
>>71988330
So French are also uneducated as an American, as if it wasn't enough for them to be the worst nation in the Europe.

If we look at that question in a perspective of civilization, answer would be Chinese. For being the longest lasting civilization that gave a birth to many ideas and discoveries.

Maybe German Civilization can be counted for Pre-Hitler Era, as they were leading the science before the trainwreck they have become.

Now there is no distinction between civilizations as it is moving forward being one. There are only uneducated sheeplets, and educated scholars at the other side.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.