[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

City planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 11.jpg (303KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
303KB, 1024x768px
Why does Brazil have such incredibly dense cities, like Sao Paulo? It has no shortage of land whatsoever.

What's the point of packing everyone into a skyscraper?
>>
>>71881855
Most of the land is an immense jungle.
>>
>>71881855

The region of sao paulo used to have some of the best land and weather in the entire country , it was the coffe capital of the world and when industrialization kicked in we already had the railways. So , lots of industries + opportunities and everyone wanted to come live here.
You see , with the exception o SP , the south , RJ , MG and maybe MS , the rest of the country is a tropical hot hell with not a lot of agricultural diversity.
>>
>>71881968
They cut down millions of hectares of jungle a year for farms. Only a little would have to be cut down to accommodate low density residential growth.
>>
>What's the point of packing everyone into a skyscraper?

it's more profitable
>>
>>71882072
Yes, but why does everyone need to be in skyscrapers? Why not have traditional suburban subdivisions with single detached homes? Brazil is not short of land.
>>
>>71882108
inefficiency
>>
File: 1487081759240.gif (2MB, 695x392px) Image search: [Google]
1487081759240.gif
2MB, 695x392px
>>71882243
jap
>>
>>71881855
Tbh it's ugly. Manhattan anyday.
>>
Monkeys left to their own devices.

Florianopolis is based and honestly as it sits in the Atlantic should be rightful Portuguese clay.
>>
>>71882108

You can blame the youth an early 20th prgressive culture. You see , young adults think living in an apartment for themselves is cool - i myself am planning to move to a rented kitnet next years actually- and everyone wants to live in a metropolis and shit , so , theres demand , theres offer. As for the latter factor , in the early days of brazilian modernization skyscrapers were seem as symbols of progress and we - and the paulistanos in special- embraced it.
And ching chong is right too , it would be inefficient to build surburbs for every middle class , although theres alphaville for that
>>
>>71881855
It is always more efficient to build high even if you have more land. Urban sprawl is bad.
>>
>>71882072
>it was the coffe capital of the world
You took that title from us.

Reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>71882108
vertical and dense cities are more efficient than flat and sprawling ones
>>
Urban sprawl is cancer. When you're that far away from everything you can't walk anywhere It's no coincidence that The United States and Australia the countries with the most sprawl are also the fattest. This is why folks. It also leads to congested roads and needless habitat destruction.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.