[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malays & Javanese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: malajava.png (44KB, 418x326px) Image search: [Google]
malajava.png
44KB, 418x326px
Whats the difference?

Tell me more.
>>
>>71765185
Every single aspect of culture.
And also cuisine.
>>
literally no difference except for language and culture, what kind of retarded map is this
>>
File: kerisyogyaindonesia.jpg (71KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
kerisyogyaindonesia.jpg
71KB, 640x800px
>>71765185
Malays wear keris in the front
Javanese wear keris at the back

Also Minang should be included as Malay
>>
>>71765276
>>71765293

Is culture that different?

Also is the language that different?

Is Javanese identify with Majapahit and do Malay identify with Sri Vijaya?

Is there any ethnic rivalry?

Do Malaysia claim other Malay lands like Borneo and Sumatra?
>>
>>71765338
plz color in for me

I dont know :/
>>
>>71765405
>Is culture that different?
Yes. Thanks to Colonialism.
>Also is the language that different?
Vocabulary? yes. But I don't know about the grammar.
>Is Javanese identify with Majapahit and do Malay identify with Sri Vijaya?
Malay was identified with Malacca sultanate. and Javanese with Mataram and Kesultana keraton.
>Is there any ethnic rivalry?
A lil' bit.
>Do Malaysia claim other Malay lands like Borneo and Sumatra?
Maybe some small islands back then. But no they don't have the guts and balls for it.
>>
File: 1488371141047.png (161KB, 650x507px) Image search: [Google]
1488371141047.png
161KB, 650x507px
>>71765476
>>
>>71765513

>yes. Thanks to Colonialsim

so its on a national level, and not an ethnic one?

>Maybe some small islands back then. But no they don't have the guts and balls for it.

So Malaysia is weaker?

Also Malays are more Arab-ized right ?
>>
>>71765276
>>71765293
Getting mixed messages here
>>
>>71765731
>so its on a national level, and not an ethnic one?
Look, there are plenty of distinctive ethnics in Sumatra, let alone the whole Indonesia.

>So Malaysia is weaker?
Manpower-wise. Economic capabilities.

>Also Malays are more Arab-ized right ?
Half of them are Malays, Third are Chinese.
Indonesia are more liberal, at least we didn't use shariah law despite our Muslim majority, unlike Malaysia.
>>
>>71765962

I feel like Indonesia is proud of their Asian heritage like Buddhist and Hindu temples, Ramayana, and other culture thing.

I feel like Malays are self-constructed wannabee Arab to distinguish them self from Indian and Chinese

thats why i like indonesia
>>
>>71766087
I like you too anon.
[spoiler]Are you a girl?[/spoiler]
>>
Malaysia was originally a territory of Malay people, but Chinese people settled in Malaysia and Singapore.
Are indigenous Malaysians not complaining?
>>
>>71765185
>>71765755
Take their post with grain of salt, most people in this board are autistic weebo who didn't even know their own culture and history
>>
>>71766170
>Are indigenous Malaysians not complaining?
Google Ketuanan Melayu
>>
File: 1488341059127.jpg (104KB, 750x729px) Image search: [Google]
1488341059127.jpg
104KB, 750x729px
>>71766334
Bait pls, ur proxy fools no one
>>
>>71766170

Strange how mainland Southeast Asia managed to assimilate Chinese well

Thailand for example banned Chinese education and Chinese names. Now Thai Chinese is almost indistinguishable
>>
>>71766452
they are still overrepresented in politico-economic elites and the international business class and continue to provoke resentment. changing names and language -- that just papers over a difference in racial capability which will only be erased by greater racial mixing
>>
>>71767445
I mean the point is that they adopt Thai identity and culture. They pray and Thai Theravada temples, speak Thai only, and consider themself Thai.

Race has no meaning. It just means that they are just Thais with better genes
>>
>>71767445
I'd rather be poor than race mix, KYS amerimutt
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.