[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can Americans justify happening?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: wow.png (186KB, 315x487px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
186KB, 315x487px
You're the wealthiest country in the world and this is honestly what the local Government can come up with?
>>
USA's fault for one local government doing a dumb thing?
>>
>>71743368
How will yanks ever recover?
>>
>>71743418
This happened in the US, it's our fault

Federalism is no excuse for letting parts of your country rot
>>
>>71743368
>the wealthiest country
>the local Government
What's your point? You've answered yourself here.
>>
>>71743497
Yes, it is. How will shitty states improve if the rest of us keep bailing them out?
>>
>>71743418
How has the federal Government not solved this crisis yet? The blame lays on both, they are you GOVERNment. They're failing to fulfill their most basic of functions.
>>
Wasn't this one of those situations where local government let infrastructure rot so they could send the bill to the federal government?
>>
>>71743520
How has the Federal Government not solve this either? This just as much their issue as it is the local Governments. I thought you were the UNITED States of America?
>>
>>71743594
If the federal Government were meant to foot the bill, then why have they not solved the issue either?
>>
>>71743632
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
>>
>>71743574
>>71743632
Because it's not the federal government's responsibility, nor should it be. I don't fucking care about the welfare of Michiganders, and I don't want to pay for their fuckups. I'm actually a pretty liberal guy, but I want my high taxes to pay for my state, not Mississippi or New Mexico.
>>
>>71743418
Yes. It shows that there must be something seriously wrong with how local governments are set up.
>>
Why do you bother asking random citizens that had nothing to do with events leading to this debacle and or currently have nothing to do with solution? Sure we all live in same country but this is several thousand miles away from me.
>>
>>71743725
>Michigan is fucked up
More at 11
>>
>>71743368
Michigan as a state (and the Midwest/rust belt as a whole) is in a bad place. The largest city (Detroit) declared bankruptcy after losing almost 2/3 of its population and it's major industries. They can't even maintain the infrastructure they have much less replace all the old stuff. The federal government helps some but can't really be relied upon to do anything. Stuff like this would likely be part of the infrastructure bill Trump talked about and is probably a big part of the reason the rust belt went for him. He is prioritizing taking money away from the state department and public services to give it to the military for now, then he'll repeal the health care reforms, then probably a useless wall, and maybe if he gets around to it we can add a trillion dollars to our debt to fix our infrastructure.
>>
>>71743691
I couldn't tell you. Has nothing to do with me. Imagine driving from Cornwall to Northumbria. Imagine asking someone in one place why "thing" is occurring there and why someone hasn't done something about it. That's an approximate equivalent.
>>
>>71743720
So much for the idea of a United States..

>>71743699
But what about when the Federal Government helped repair places after Hurricane Katrina or Hurricane Sandy? Why is the Federal Government willing to let its citizens die based on a technicality in a 200 year old constitution, if that is the case.
>>
>>71743691
>If the federal Government were meant to foot the bill
They're not. There are emergency programs that some states take advantage of, just the same as a common welfare cheat.
>>71743810
>the Rustbelt is dying
Good. Let it.

t. Native Midwesterner
>>
>>71743907
Likely prioritized based on economic output.
>>
>>71743720
>I don't fucking care about the welfare of Michiganders, and I don't want to pay for their fuckups. I'm actually a pretty liberal guy, but I want my high taxes to pay for my state, not Mississippi or New Mexico.
"""""""""United""""""""" States indeed
>>
>>71743855
If an entire 100,000 people large town is being poisoned by lead you can bet most British people would know a lot about what is happening.
>>
>>71743965
Some day maps will have the words stretching from Alaska to Atlantic the words "North Montana" and the idea of Canada will be forgotten memory.
>>
>>71743907
>>71743965
>So much for the idea of a United States..
No, that's exactly what it is. Individual states that are united. We're not a single state of united people.
We're not supposed to like each other or even have much in common. We're a single currency, free trade, free movement, and military union. That's it.
>>
>>71743907
>So much for the idea of the united States
The quote is literally from the Constitution's Bill of Rights. It's the tenth amendment, the most ignored amendment.
>>
>>71743965
They're only United as long as they don't have to pay higher taxes it seems.
>>
>>71744119
Why are you trying to berate people about this? Contact someone that actually controls the levers of power if it so concerns you.
>>
>>71744101
The Bill Of Rights response was the second one asking how this situation differs form any of the other disasters that affect parts of the United States.
>>
>>71744169
It just seems so strange that something like this has happened for so long and it seems like it';s just being ignored at local and national Government level.
>>
>>71744119
No, I wouldn't want the federal government to bail them out even if it didn't cost me a dime. Michigan needs to fix itself.
>>71744235
>local
That's their problem to deal with.
>national
It's not their problem.
>>
>>71744235
You realize average American has less than five grand in savings? The common man has more important day-to-day worries.
>>
File: oiljew.jpg (11KB, 250x204px) Image search: [Google]
oiljew.jpg
11KB, 250x204px
Stop fracking so that oil goes up again, and you can use your own water supply again, win win.
Stop working with filthy IS-tier saudis to push the oilprice down.
>>
>>71743368
why do babies look like old men?
>>
>>71743368
Another day in Trump's Amerikkka.
>>
>>71743965
Divided Slaves tbqhwy
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.