[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Belgium caused France to fall in WW2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: ebin.jpg (34KB, 472x357px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
34KB, 472x357px
I learned something today

France apparently did prepare for Germany to invade through the Ardennes, but what they didn't take into account was that the Belgians would run away to the north instead of defending the Ardennes.

They thought the Germans would be stalled for seven days there fighting us so in their setup they made sure they could have an answer there in five days while they were doing operations in the east. So they left the area undermanned.
But we didn't tell them that we weren't defending there.

So the end result was that the Belgian army went north, the French went to the east and the Germans waltzed through the Ardennes on their west, cutting behind the French army.

Top Fucking Kek, Just banter Frenchies
>>
Wouldn't have changed much our army was weak and outdated
>>
didn't read lol
>>
>>71733175
Actually in fact it was more modern and better equipped than that of the Germans, the generals just wanted to blame everyone but themselves after the war.
>>71733225
Title says it all
>>
File: belgique.jpg (14KB, 355x266px) Image search: [Google]
belgique.jpg
14KB, 355x266px
>>71732964
Delete yourself
>>
>>71733249
Might need a citation for this bullshit lad
>>
File: 1499157338336.jpg (13KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
1499157338336.jpg
13KB, 216x233px
>>71732964
>Be Britain and France
>Create a meme nation to annoy Holland
>Gets Britain dragged into WW1 ending their empire
>Gets France conquered
>>
>>71733339
Just trust me bro, if you look you'll find it, it's absolutely real, here's some further clarification

Your defensive plan took notes on the German WW1 offensiveand predicted the Germans would need 7 days to make it to the Meuse and another 7 to bring enough artillery forward toattempt a crossing. So the French made sure two or three A-divisions could reinforce the sector within 5 days max. To make sure the Germans would not be able to cross the Ardennes faster they kept a QRF of several so called "Light Cavalry" divisions(4) and brigades(3) ready to support the two crack divisions the Belgianshad in the Ardennes.

In fact when we left we blew up bridges and roads on the french side as well, stalling your advance.

If we kept our divisions there only one of them would have been flanked while the rest would have been backed up by the QRF, stopping the German advance and their entire element of surprise
>>
>>71732964
why do you think we always make fun of you?
>>
>>71733249
>Actually in fact it was more modern and better equipped than that of the Germans

lol

their planes were better, our tanks had better armory but shit cannons. They made their miltary from scratch and they were very modern in how they used it. For example, all their tanks had a radio. German army was lighter and faster, pretty much every time they surrounded french forces, cut off their supplies and won that way. they did this too to the soviets, soviets had roughly 5 millions soldiers who surrendered due to encirclements right at the beginning of the invasion, then soviets could adapt themselves and develop a counter strategy, the deep attack strategy.

tldr, the germans couldn't lose on the western front at the beginning of wwII
>>
>>71733541
it's like watching your son grow into an unemployed drug user
>>
>>71733637
Your DLMs were actually really good and a match for the Panzers when on the defensive, your planes could have sortied prscticly multiplying their numbers like the germans did and you even had working semi-automatic rifles, the response plan I listed here would be more automatic not requiring too much more coordination to set up, so radio at least fir this wouldn't have played the decisive role.
>>
>>71733541
Imperialism is a helluva drug fämäläm
>>
>>71732964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpcOziYc6cs
Belgium is like that dude from 300 spartans.
>>
>>71732964
belgium was allied to france when they started building the wall and belgians thought that france stopped because it would be imprudent to build a way across the border of an ally so they changed their status to neutral but france again refused citing that there was no need to connect to the sea

germany invaded the netherlands luxemburg and belgium at the same time so it didn't matter the army went
>>
>>71732964
Belgia!!!!11111111!!!!!!1!!111111111!!!!! Damn you!!!!!!!!11111 If not your country ww2 would not happened.
>>
>>71734121
It did, cuz if we sticked to what we were supposed to do we would only have been flanked from Luxemburg in the Ardennes, one of the countries you listed, and that wouldn't have been enough for Germany.
>>
>>71733637
>tldr, the germans couldn't lose on the western front at the beginning of wwII
Sorry Belgia.
>>
>>71734235
It wouldn't matter because frogs weren't expecting attack from the forests of Ardennes to begin with. They didn't think Germans would risk moving their army there creating massive traffic jams due to few roads (this happened).

If the French had been expecting suicidal Germans from Ardennes they'd have had scout planes or something there, noticed German columns and bombed them to smithereens.
>>
I can barely ever survive as France in hearts of iron so I don't believe u Belgium
>>
Belgians put up a decent fight. Demolished all their bridges and tunnels and manned the fortifications. The army Germany sent was intended to beat both France and Russia, they didn't stand a chance, especially with Germany's brand new massive artillery guns.
>>
>>71734450
Yeah I know that, they didn't expect it but they did PREPARE for the possibility, I posted their plan here.
>>
>>71734724

They prepared so well than only reservists regiments were there.
>>
>>71734794
Yeah I already mentioned that the region was undermanned. Nothing new here.
>>
>>71734671
Germany's army was not suited for that, in fact their military plan in france was a fluke, they had another plan more similar to ww1 warfare but the plane containing much of that plan was shot down so it was up to the generals to make the best of the situation
So many little things that could have been different
>>
>>71733541
>forced into WW1
No one put a gun to Asquith's head and made him join senpai
>>
>>71735830
Yeah, Britain wasn't inherently bound to defend Belgium but it was implied, and Britain used that as a vehicle to stop Germany
>>
>>71735830
>>forced into WW1
Didn't say forced, stupid yank.
>>
>>71736174
Britain was obliged to defend Belgium since the Treaty of London.
>>
>>71736400
Britain didn't care enough about neutrality to stay out of Greece though...
>>
>>71736479
Thick as pigshit.
>>
>>71733806
the tank got raped by the Luftwaffe our air force was way too small
also we had an outdated military doctrine which made our better tanks useless
funny thing french military didn't bother do defend the ardennes
because they though tanks and an army couldn't go trough it
also they had to use the Maginot line
>>
>>71736400
No, i Belgium's neutrality defined in article VII just implied that you had to defend us, that's where your action came from, but all other countries were bound to the same.
it would have been tremendously out of character if you didn't defend the balance of power though
>>
>>71736623
Your airforce would have performed well if you did what the Luftwaffe did: sortie often.
Also you placed those tank divisions really poorly
And yeah it was undermanned but tjat wouldn't have been a problem if we didn't move out our divisions
>>
>>71736512
>t. Charles Townshend
>>
>>71736648
>Britain was obliged to defend Belgium since the Treaty of London.
>No they just had to defend us
>>
>>71733541
JUST
>>
File: 1487959833554.png (357KB, 800x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1487959833554.png
357KB, 800x2048px
>>71733541
>>
File: swedes.jpg (65KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
swedes.jpg
65KB, 400x294px
>>71732964
Wow, the French and Europeans are fucking idiots. The things I learn...
>>
>>71736814
what I'm saying is that it wasn't provided in the treaty itself but logic could get you there, but logic could also get you to the complete opposite ruling.
>>
>>71736774
well we didn't have much tank division they were used as a kind of infantry support
yeah i guess but unmanned or not where the guns and bunker are facing the wrong direction it doesn't help
but anyway the french and british army could have made way more progress in the german line before they actual attacked so it's a little bit of everyone's fault
>>
>>71736940
Nice memeball with sunglasses.
>>
>>71737142
Those tanks could have been kept together at the centre and function properly but instead you sent the best three DLM divisions away as screening forces, this put them in a piss poor position to intervene in the ardennes, however if the germans were stalled in the ardennes they could have been redeployed to answer the panzers
>>
File: 1469314780872.jpg (80KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1469314780872.jpg
80KB, 250x241px
>>71732964
>Belgium was actually a Spanish agent all along just waiting to get back at France
>>
>>71738071
Spain, Austria and The Netherlands din't obtain us to dominate us, but to contain us.
>>
Whoa there are a lot of threads about France today
>>
>>71733623
>bro you don't need any sources you just have to trust me bro
>>
>>71740976
he's true though
>>
>>71740976
yeah this >>71741938
>>
fuck it, there, boom, 50 posts, I've hit my quota, I can rest easy now.
>>
>>71732964
we would have lost anyway
>>
>>71745806
We don't know, it would have prevented the encirclement and would have allowed France to truly make use of their superior firepower.
That is if you got your shit together after the engagement.
>>
Goodnight thread
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.