[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scandinavia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 12.png (30KB, 780x640px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
30KB, 780x640px
What's different about Scandinavia in terms of their culture that makes it able to have social programs that work a lot better there?

They have all kinds of things like free college, free healthcare, and free internet (in Iceland), and I don't see many of them complain about it. Where as a lot of people see it as a burden in anglo countries like the UK and Canada.
>>
Superior genes and monoculturism (expect sweden)
>>
>>71712110

but there are lots of monocultural places where it's seen as a burden or outright fails, and Sweden and Norway both share culture with each other
>>
>>71712212
Dunno, Nordic is pretty safe and comfy place. No horrible heats and dangerous animals or bugs. Also we have lots of space compared to popultion.
>>
>>71712051
Something that just came to the top of my head: no influence from the Murdoch family
>>
Low population
>>
>>71712051
Many other countries have free college and free healthcare.
Internet is cheap, it doesn't matter it's free or not.
What stupid point are you trying to make again?
>>
>>71712051
iceland got free internet? :o
>>
File: bunkerkarjala.jpg (4MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
bunkerkarjala.jpg
4MB, 3648x2736px
Hard to say from the inside.

I would guess simple answer is a combination of Protestantism and the barren shitty environment that forced a rigid work ethic for survival left a mark in the collective culture of the area.

However, I should point out that those social programs were built mainly in the 50's through 80's, after the nations had accumulated vast wealth, high education, internal stability and production capabilities.

The social programs work here because the nations were corruption-free, stable, rich and productive to begin with, not the other way around or because of a cultural trait.
>>
No student debt means lower wages for uni graduates which means more and cheaper doctors and professors.

Plus the USA spends it all on military.
>>
>>71713334
I believe it would also be affordable in the USA if you wouldnt inflate the expenses of everything so much.

In the Netherlands the school and health care prices are capped. Which works pretty well.
>>
Anglo countries, especially the US, obsess over the concept of "individual liberty" (even though they in reality have lower social mobility). We also have a long tradition of labor movements, whereas the US doesn't even have unions, and so we don't really mind paying high taxes because it benefits everybody. Even right-wing parties accept it.
>>
>>71712051
Less shitskins abusing it except until when there were and it all went to shit
>>
File: 1408458046070.png (217KB, 514x456px) Image search: [Google]
1408458046070.png
217KB, 514x456px
>>71712051
>free
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.