[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Korea have the same level of mythology or rituals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1401117693095.png (377KB, 900x775px) Image search: [Google]
1401117693095.png
377KB, 900x775px
Why doesn't Korea have the same level of mythology or rituals that Japan does? For example Japan has a very intricate and complex mythology about yokai, also Shinto is simply more elaborate than Korean shamanism.
Did Japan wipe out Korean myths during the 50 years they occupied it, or did Korean myths die out from being too close to China?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_shamanism
>>
File: feels varg man.png (41KB, 1022x1092px) Image search: [Google]
feels varg man.png
41KB, 1022x1092px
>>71651127
CHRISTIANS are wiping out korean original religion
Abrahamic religions are poison
>>
Koreans had detested to nurture their own cultures so overtly to avoid seen as signs of rebellions against China.
>>
>For example Japan has a very intricate and complex mythology about yokai
most of that mythology was almost lost in the period of modernization but it was luckily kept alive through select artists and storytellers

most ancient mythologies about supernatural things have died like this >>71651267

every finn knows what a hiisi is but no one knows what one looks like because no one has bothered to make a painting of one
>>
>>71651127
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
Orin is fine too
>>
>>71651267
>>71651397
>blaming le christian boogieman for everything from the sky falling to aids
Vargposters OUT
>>
>>71651523
>japanese used to bathe in massive unisex, uniage group baths
>christians and westerners considered it depraved

>japanese didn't use to eat red meat
>meiji emperor started doing it as westerners did it too and now it's a big part of their established cuisine
>>
>>71651127
There's mythology or rituals written in our textbook, but forget it all
but myth seems nothing to do with China or Japan faggots desu
>>
File: 1447276966657.png (51KB, 760x797px) Image search: [Google]
1447276966657.png
51KB, 760x797px
>>71651523
>>blaming le christian boogieman for everything from the sky falling to aids
I woudln't be wrong though
>>
Japanese mythology is too deeply tied to history, culture and nation to separate, because basically Japan is still under the reign of the dynasty descended from those mythical existence.
>>
>>71653019
Only thing i remember is Korean scholars classify traditional rituals(설화문학, 說話文學) into 3 category,
신화(神話), 전설(傳說), 민담(民譚)
>>
>>71651523
he is right you know

>>71653080
>because basically Japan is still under the reign of the dynasty descended from those mythical existence.
:DDD I seriously hope this was ironic
>>
>>71653080
>basically Japan is still under the reign of the dynasty descended from those mythical existence.
Uh, did you miss the memo?
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanity_Declaration
>>
>>71653615
That's not my point. Everybody knows the emperor is human being.
Thing is, lots of Japanese deities are actually ancient figures, clans and tribes manifested in the form of mythology, and so it's almost impossible to talk about very ancient history of Japan without dealing with mythology. Plus, it's tied to a broad spectrum of cultural things modern Japanese still practice. For example, there remain 20,000+ of Yawata/Hachiman shrines, which enshrine Hachiman, which is the spirit of 15th emperor Ojin and was worshipped by samurais as guardian god of warriors, in Japan, and millions to tens of millions of people still visit the shrines every year. So, in a way, mythology is more of a device to remind people of its history rather than an ancient mumbo jumbo here.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.