[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the Chinese so good at competitive video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: esports.png (70KB, 984x925px) Image search: [Google]
esports.png
70KB, 984x925px
Why are the Chinese so good at competitive video games?
>>
they are trained from a young age to sit in a sweatshop box and repeat the same activity 24/7
>>
>>71622990
the dream
>>
Well, Pakistan is even better. With only 2 players they earned 1,731,049.94. Thats a lot for only 2 players
>>
>>71625611
damn that's actually true
>>
>>71625611
Makes me wonder who the second one is

Suma1L made most of that money
>>
Autism
>>
>>71625611
wew
>>
>3x TI winners at first place
>1x TI winner at second place
>Starcraft country at third place
>1x TI winner at third place

>Canada at 5th place
wtf how did they get there
>>
File: BR CS.webm (3MB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
BR CS.webm
3MB, 1066x600px
>Brazil above Japan.

I'm surprised.
>>
>>71622898
Kinda impressed by Sweden actually. That's a country of 7 mil closely following Worst Korea, a country of 50 mil with super good internet.
>>
>>71629175

Lots of canucks in dotes, and most of them play in high placing teams.
>>
>>71622898
wtf are pakis playing? i know a lot of them are computer geeks but I've never heard of them being prpfessional
>>
They cheat.
>>
>>71622898
I know almost nothing about esports, which are the most lucrative ones?
>>
>>71631317
and look at Singapore too, they have like 4 million population. Probably having a high HDI makes people play games seriously
>>
>>71631598
Dota 2 is absolutely the most lucrative with tournaments where winner team takes away 10 million. Of course it's the most difficult one too.
>>
>>71631700
>dota 2
>most difficult
Maybe more than LoL and CSGO but compared to most others, like StarCraft for example? Casual shit. That's why they're so lucrative because they're accessible. Also Dota has so much money in it because of Valve, they funnel the community towards funding the esports scene. Actually the prize money should be a lot more but Valve jews the fuck out of it's community. It literally doesn't do anything except take shit that it's community made and sometimes hire some of those people if they have an expandable lucrative product.
>>
>>71631598
Dota 2, League of Legends, and CSGO.
>>
Esports are the only way the Finns can express their hatred of Russia without getting invaded again
https://youtu.be/4OsKZayj7cU?t=203
>>
>>71622898
estonia can into top20
>>
>>71631700
>>71631968
also most lucrative doesn't necessarily mean most total money in it. Dota 2 has the most money and significantly less pro players than the other two. But it has the highest skill ceiling, in game mechanics but also the performance and time requirements of the players. Meaning you would make more money elsewhere if you aren't willing to give you're entire life to the game.

For someone wanting to get into esports, choosing a younger and smaller scene with fuck all money in it can actually be more lucrative. It'll be easier because there is no skill and tactics/strategy establishment owed to it's young age and lack of money, thus incentive of game play evolution. So you might be able to quite easily get some decent prize money where you wouldn't be able to get any at all in the top games.
>>
>>71622898
Why are Slavs so good at video games? Is there just nothing better to do?
>>
>>71632489
>live in poverty
>old computers/net cafes are cheap
>nothing to do in your shitty commieblock except play pirated/f2p/cheap videogames
>notice a videogame tournament being held for the game you've been playing all this time
>by winning you would make more money than you ever could in your regular life
Pretty much that's how it goes. Same reason why chinese and other assorted poor but not african tier poor people play lots of e-sports.
>>
>>71632330
Bravo <3
>>
File: Captura.png (52KB, 574x512px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.png
52KB, 574x512px
>>71622898
>video games
You just have to be good at dota
Others video games are irrelevants
>>
>>71636128
>((((((dota))))))))

WoW is the superior game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3kVUX1zoII
>>
>>71636145
We are talking about tournament money, you leaf
>>
If they don't win, their family will disown them
>>
>>71636226
I don't expect plebs to appreciate such a finely crafted game desu, that's why they feel more at home on dota or LoL
>>
>>71636371
>plebs

that's a weird spelling for well adjusted
>>
>>71636632
watch the video. The game has far more depth and complexity than retarded dota
>>
>>71622898
who are the two guys from Pakistan?
>>
>>71637617
PooInLoo
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.