[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Native English speakers are the world’s worst communicators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: laughing englishman.jpg (56KB, 440x334px) Image search: [Google]
laughing englishman.jpg
56KB, 440x334px
Anglos: Why haven't you even attempted to learn another language?

>Native English speakers are the world’s worst communicators

>“A lot of native speakers are happy that English has become the world’s global language. They feel they don’t have to spend time learning another language,” says Chong. “But… often you have a boardroom full of people from different countries communicating in English and all understanding each other and then suddenly the American or Brit walks into the room and nobody can understand them.”

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20161028-native-english-speakers-are-the-worlds-worst-communicators
>>
File: 1311949083856.jpg (55KB, 486x409px) Image search: [Google]
1311949083856.jpg
55KB, 486x409px
>>71570706
>Chia Suan Chong
>>
>The non-native speakers, it turns out, speak more purposefully and carefully, typical of someone speaking a second or third language. Anglophones, on the other hand, often talk too fast for others to follow, and use jokes, slang and references specific to their own culture, says Chong. In emails, they use baffling abbreviations such as ‘OOO’, instead of simply saying that they will be out of the office.

>“The native English speaker… is the only one who might not feel the need to accommodate or adapt to the others,” she adds.
>>
>>71570706
>being a white-collar deskjob babby

Fuck those people. I'd rather cut my tongue out, speak no language and be a NEET, than one of those brown nosing cunts.
>>
>>71571019
and that is exactly what you are, meanwhile Rasheed Hyderbad is taking your mom to poundtown and blasting in her harder than the germans in london
>>
>>71571079
Wew lad, don't cut yourself on that edge.

I work as a telephone engineer, the person that actually does the work. Not the suit wearing dumbass who's ONLY job is to find out how to spend his time until it hits 5pm. In other words: Scheduling meetings for themselves, all day, every day, just so they can look busy.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10KB, 228x221px
>>71571257
you work with smelly wires, ishamil ali makes girls mire
>>
>>71571257
this SO MUCH
i have seen a friend's business school course and helped him with it since he doesn't speak english = 3 hours of pure bullshit
literally "how can we talk about nothing at all and pretend this is a serious job ?"

just use a lot of complicated words like "ensuring the perennity of the meeting by making sure every intervenant has well-defined goals for the meeting" and such sentences that mean absolutely nothing over and over again
this is like 5th year stuff or something pretty advanced too, supposedly, and the average 4chan post has more depth than this shit
they are way fucking overpaid for this too like 3-4k euro/month

what a load of bullshit these people are cancer, i hate them
>>
>>71571452
>"how can we talk about nothing at all and pretend this is a serious job ?"
And that's all it is, week after week. Their goal is to look at busy as possible for their bosses (who do the exact same thing), without having to actually do anything. Pop-culture makes fun of this all the time, because it's true.

Mostly everyone starts out as a scrub in a company. But once you get promoted to the point where your only job is to see how to you can fill up your Outlook calendar with meetings, you've won.

The "Senior Project Manager" for my workplace now works at home 4/5 days a week. So he doesn't even have to LOOK busy anymore, he can literally put his feet up and know that if his calendar says "in a meeting 10am-1pm" he's all good.
>>
>article about how speaking English is bad for global trade
>featuring expert Chia Sua Chong

Hmmmmmmmmm.
>>
>>71571839
>article explaining why fast food can be healthy
>featuring expert John McGuiness Donald
>>
>>71571781
>"Senior Project Manager"
all those names are so fucking ridiculous
"assistant project director"
"assistant to the direction"
"assistant to the direction's assistant"
"direction's counsellor"
"delegate of the direction"
"production management supervisor"

i can make them up by myself if i want, i bet several of those actually do exist
>>
It's almost like countries that were geographically separated and had indigenous populations naturally developed their own vernacular and didn't autistically refuse to develop it because it wasn't part of the dictionary used by a country on the other side of the world
>Anglos: Why haven't you even attempted to learn another language?
as someone that has english as their second language, there really isn't any reason to learn something other than English
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.