[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I lived in Quito, Ecuador for half a year with my now ex. Ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (3KB, 204x136px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 204x136px
I lived in Quito, Ecuador for half a year with my now ex.

Ask me anything about the experience
>>
>>71553072
t.Jullian Assange.
>>
how's the most underrated country of Latin America?
>>
why did you leave?
>>
>>71553160
I liked it, pretty nice place. I haven't been to anywhere else in south America so I can't compare I'm afraid.

But food was good, people were nice and the weather was decent , plus its cheap as shit compared to the UK
>>
>>71553352
Me and my gf broke up , long story, but unwashed only there to be with her, so when that ended I left a few hours later
>>
>>71553397
I was only there *
>>
how did you meet her? any pics ( of the country not your ex)
>>
>>71554086
Met her on an exchange work thing in the US, I was a waiter and she was a receptionist at a nearby hotel.

No pictures I'm afraid,we never got the chance to do the travelling we planned
>>
>>71553397
>>71553397
tldr version of the story?
>>
>>71553072
How's the economy?

Is it really the switzerland of the americas?
>>
Why didnt you take her to england lol, thats probably what she wanted anyway
>>
Do you speak spanish?
>>
>>71554358
I was talking to other girls soon after we got together, she only recently found out. My mistakes from 3 years ago felt like they just happened. She said a lot of horrible shit to my many times when we argued in response, I couldn't deal with that. Plus I always felt it was unfair, I gave up everything to be there with her while she gave up nothing,and I felt she didn't appreciate that
>>
>>71554439
Not got much of an idea on the economy, sorry

>>71554480
Have you tried to visit the uk? I got her a visitor visa for xmas and that was hard enough,there was no realistic way we could get her working and living in the UK
>>
>>71554541
Some, I can hold a basic conversation. I can understand Spanish almost 100%, and while I can get my ideas across, I can't say what I really want to say
>>
>>71554664
Brazilians can visit visa free IIRC.
>>
>>71554709
Well that's good to know, but she couldn't, loads of paperwork and money just for a visitor visa, it was bullshit
>>
>>71554664
Is your ex mestizo?
>>
>>71554817
Can you clarify what you mean by that?
>>
>>71553072
I remember you. Is this your thread?
http://desuarchive.org/int/thread/6447991

I've had a look at Quito before on Google Earth and it looked pretty nice, at least for Latin America. How was it? What are Ecuadorians like?
>>
Ecuatorians are the nicer people un the world
>>
Did u go to the guapulo church?
>>
>>71554865
He is asking if she had native blood
>>
>>71555032
Link didn't work.

Ecuador is a nice place,my experience of ecuadorians is they are very nice and welcoming people. It is a bit dodgy of course in the city,but same as any other city. I can't fault ecuadorians, couldn't hope for nicer people
>>
>>71554865
Mestizo are brown people

t. mestizo
>>
>>71555105
No I didn't, didn't do much sightseeing or travelling

>>71555115
I don't think so, no. She didn't look indigenous or anything, pretty sure she was somewhat European descent from back in the day
>>
>>71555157
Okay, so no , she wasn't Brown, didn't look like an indigenous person
>>
>>71555157
retirAte de mi board
>>
>>71555227
obligame
>>
>>71555376
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AQUI SOLO BLANQUITOS
>>
>>71553072
Good financial mobility for a waiter. How do you mentally and financially prepare for such a trip? What were your expectations... as in how did you plan to thrive there? How long was your stay?
>>
>>71555457
I'm not a waiter, only did it for that summer.

Preparing financially for the trip, I had to save up for about a year to get flights and that. I found a job there before I arrived as an auditor, I got pretty lucky with that. Mentally, I kept telling myself its not a big deal, people love in this country so why can't I?

Turns out my job was shit, my boss was dodgy with my pay and the job wasn't challenging me enough.but it paid so I was doing that while I was there.

I was there for about 6 months
>>
>>71555750
Your posts suit your profession. Dry, conserved descriptiveness and straight to the point

How did you feel launching yourself to Ecuadorian society? What were your biggest obstacles in (everyday) interaction? Your posts also tell me that you are somewhat....disappointed by it all?
>>
>>71555971
OP here

my biggest obstacle was the language, but it wasnt a big deal. the culture was different to the uk but on a day to day basis i didnt notice it, people are people at the end of the day.

what i struggled with was the extent of the family centric-ness of the culture, my gfs family were lovely people. but it was just too much.

i am only disappointed because we broke up. maybe also slightly disappointed as i thought i could adapt but i couldnt.
>>
>>71556444
Thanks for answering and good luck moving on from this chapter of your life
>>
>>71555032
oh i was in that thread.

>>71556444
too bad it didn't work for you. Family is very important for us. For instance I would hate myself if my parents end in an old age home.
>>
>>71553072
Encontraste los sonidos mágicos?
>>
>>71553072
How good was the sex?
>>
឴ ឴ ▲
឴▲ ▲
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.