[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan: we will only surrender if you let us keep our emperor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: nuke.png (119KB, 580x402px) Image search: [Google]
nuke.png
119KB, 580x402px
Japan: we will only surrender if you let us keep our emperor
USA: no, you will surrender and your emperor will be executed
Japan: shan't be doing that

*USA nukes Japan*

*Japan ends up keeping their emperor anyways*

wtf, i hate america now
>>
This. Japan should never have kept his king.
>>
Keeping the emperor was America's decision
>>
>ends up losing their lands
>>
Well somebody offers you Unit 731's research and you'll hand out a few favors
>>
>>71516320
Emperor was a mistake
>>
File: 1463556464227.png (468KB, 928x884px) Image search: [Google]
1463556464227.png
468KB, 928x884px
>>71516453
>>71517439
Hi, I see you're enjoying Japan life. Good.
>>
We needed social stability for the Japs in the face of communism and keeping the Emperor was the best way to do that.
>>
>>71516320
Pretty sure we didn't say we would execute the emperor. It was a stupid argument over unconditional surrender. Allies felt that if they gave any ground then it wasn't a total victory.
>>
Sometimes war criminals are more useful alive than dead
>>
>>71517780
>Kawaii is justice

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71517780
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_MacArthur
>>
Hirohito should have been guillotined in public
>>
File: 1473472182935.png (202KB, 585x560px) Image search: [Google]
1473472182935.png
202KB, 585x560px
>>
>>71516320
propaganda. they had four demands including no Allied occupation and handling their own war criminals which would have meant nothing.
>>
>>71518586
the draft of the Potsdam Declaration included the preservation of the imperial family
this was because Grew, Stimson, and others knew Japan would accept this as long as they had this condition
however, Truman and Byrnes were against this as they wanted to test the nuclear bombs
without the condition, and also hoping for a settlement with the Soviets as intermediary (which was a dumb expectation), Japan refused to accept the declaration
and then the bombs were dropped killing over a hundred thousand civilians
on the 9th of August, Anami, Umezu, Toyota persisted Japan should go with the 4 demands as you said
Togo, Yonai, Hiranuma argued they should just go with the single demand, which was to preserve the imperial family
Prime Minister Kantaro Suzuki had the deciding vote but decided to ask the Emperor for his decision
the Emperor agreed with the latter, and Japan accepted the declaration on the condition that the imperial family would be preserved
>>
>>71519253
>Japan accepted the declaration on the condition that the imperial family would be preserved
Japan surrendered unconditionally.
>>
>>71517887
かわいいは正義
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.