[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could a country with over 1 billion inhabitants be so soulless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: ch-lgflag.gif (12KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
ch-lgflag.gif
12KB, 400x268px
How could a country with over 1 billion inhabitants be so soulless?
>>
That is just a meme.
>>
Mao
>>
Real answer: atheism
>>
>>71469805
you mean communism
>>
>>71469805
>>71469866
>>71469767
All of these are memes.
>>
>>71469866
Russia isn't that souless as China is.
>>
>>71469994
Filipinos are much more soulless.
>>
>>71469805
>atheism
doesnt even exist in the east. its what only happens when you originally have the counterpart
>>
>>71470028
Your country is the reason why we're becoming soulless. But you're still the most soulless.
>>
File: 1434275459097.png (239KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
1434275459097.png
239KB, 600x705px
>He fell for the "Chinese people are soulless" meme
Chinese are for moral and ethical than Americans, I can't stand how degenerate we are. The PRC actually care about upholding the moral fabric of our society, we seem to be ripping ours to shreds.
>>
>>71470171
no
>>
Chinese are based.
>>
>>71469507
>>71469921
>>71470028
>>71470463
fuck off xi
>>
File: xi.jpg (593KB, 1200x672px) Image search: [Google]
xi.jpg
593KB, 1200x672px
>>71470612
make me
>>
>>71470625

Do you like the poetry of Li Bai?
>>
>>71470784
It is quite good, but I prefer later poetry more.
>>
>>71469441
Eradicating everyone but the peasants
>>
>>71470366
t. 毛泽东
>>
europoors are just too european to understand china
>>
>>71470867
>muh aristocracy

they're barely servants, you fool
>>
>>71470839

Since I can’t understand nothing of Chinese I only read Li Bai in Portuguese and English. I have read that he is supposed to be extremely musical and sonorous in Chinese, so I was actually very curious.

I loved his poems even thought they were translated to far different languages and read by someone who lives in a very different culture and epoch: that is quite a great achievement.

I don’t know much about contemporary Chinese poetry, but I have read some poems about a Chinese young man who committed suicide and I was very impressed by it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/11/12/the-haunting-poetry-of-a-chinese-factory-worker-who-committed-suicide/?utm_term=.31fccf4d82ad

Please don’t think that I am criticizing your country by referring to this poet. We have some of the same problems in Brazil. The difference is that you guys might correct this in years to come, while here we seem to be walking backwards.
>>
>>71470958
fuck off gommy, you people tried to do the same to my family
>>
>>71471060
doesn't change anything, yet again, you're fool
>>
>>71471047
I like his style but not some of his subjects or his views which are established in it. Poetry is a very popular thing in China but I doubt much of it is translated.

And do not worry about that, I understand difference between critique and insult.
>>
They have to rediscover their culture which they are in the process of doing. The problem is that they'll probably end up with some batshit crazy "fascism with Chinese characteristics" if they rediscover their culture.
>>
>>71469994
but still very soulless
>>
Would "The amount of artistic works per capita" work as a metric to measure how 'soulless' a country is?

If so, then use that to find out who is the most soulless..
>>
>>71471176
>Poetry is a very popular thing in China

I admire you guys for that. That is something inconceivable in Brazil: poetry being popular. I have also read somewhere that one of the best-selling books of a few years back was a Chinese translation of Finnegan’s Wake. That is impressive. Even if people will not understand most of it, only the desire to explore so dense a work is admirable.

If you don’t mind naming some of your favorite modern novelists, playwrights and poets I would be very happy for it. Although finding Portuguese translations is not that easy I think that English might have some of them.

Is funny how we in the west view China. In our history books in school we tend to study history with an European perspective, so regions like China, Japan and India are only mentioned when they are making contact with European nations. The funny thing is that China, for example, has a much more organized and well-registered history than most of the main European nations. And yet we hardly know anything about it. What a bunch of ignorants we are.
>>
>>71471213
And then they'll fight each other.
>>
Chinese and maybe to some degree east Asians are just calculating people in nature. Soulless is a bit overstated.
>>
>>71469805
>>71469866
Yes
>>
>>71471317

Not really. Soviet Russia produced a lot of unique art and aesthetics. Modernism/pomo have a lot of roots in Soviet produced art. 20th century Russia has very definitive characteristics. Meanwhile 20th century China is numb.
>>
>>71471555
its because of that videos and photos and news and shit.

that being said the serious answer to op is just ccp. all the dirty nasty faggots should be guillotined but then somehow zhangs with anglo/euro flags come out of thin air to defend it. this loop endlessly lasts.
>>
>>71470366
anyone is more moral and ethical than americans
>>
>>71471478
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yongle_Encyclopedia
>11,095 volumes

will europoors ever recover?
>>
>>71470897
>coming from a Russian
hmm
>>
>>71471555
East Asians are calculating and smart but seemingly autistic to some degree compared to westerners. I agree the soulless thing is nonsense and they're certainly not devoid of empathy, but they have a weird problem with not quite knowing how to handle social situations on their own.

The bystander effect exists to some degree everywhere, but in East Asia it's magnified enormously. Everyone constantly tries looks at everyone else for social cues on how to react to a problem, and so a negative feedback loop occurs that prevents anybody from acting appropriately.

Individualism has always been a foreign concept to East Asians.
>>
>>71471213
>fascism with chinese characteristics
Makes me erect 2bh
>>
>>71470112
explain
>>
>>71474486
"religion" don't exist there in the western sense.
>>
>>71471213
>fascism with chinede characteristics

I would unironically join that
>>
>>71474486
Religion is a western concept
>>
File: Kamakura-Daibutsu.jpg (304KB, 2000x640px) Image search: [Google]
Kamakura-Daibutsu.jpg
304KB, 2000x640px
>>71474887
>>71474765
There are tons of religions, sects, gods, legends, rituals, temples and sanctuaries all over asia.
>>
>>71475555
its not officially a religion
you in fact can believe whatever you like or not in the east i think
>>
>>71475555
But they bade their faith on a completely different logical system.
It's not as serious as Christianity or Islam.
If you consider it,those two are pretty hardcore.
Taoism and Hinduism is pretty relaxed compared to western stuff.
>>
>>71475703
This
>>71474486
As an Asian Buddhist that's also Christian. Religion isnt the most important thing for us.

I have more important matters
>>
>>71475703
yeah its just a teaching, not some edgelords club of true faith
>>
>>71475860
Yeah.
It's more sociology than metaphysics a lot of the time.
t.Hobbyorientalist
>>
File: 1441155613772.jpg (70KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
1441155613772.jpg
70KB, 500x507px
chinese are very nice to people that they know, or would like to know. especially if they think that they can benefit from them in some way.

they treat strangers who they don't expect to encounter again horribly though. if they don't completely screw-over a stranger, then they feel like they are themselves being screwed-over. the mindset of my chinese colleagues was this: "If we aren't taking advantage of our customers and suppliers through theft, fraud, or deceit; then they are probably taking advantage of us some way that we just haven't noticed yet."
>>
>>71476058
This kill or be killed attitude sounds funny on paper.
>>
>>71476058
>>71476119
I work in the electronic components industry. it is rife with counterfeit Chinese components. It's funny when the counterfeits get caught doing something stupid. It's less funny when counterfeit parts make their way into planes, medical devices, Russian satellites, etc.
>>
>>71469441
Places with large populations tend to care less about each other. But communism probably made it worse
>>
>>71469441
This might sound meme as fuck coming from a Vietnamese, but since we're influenced by China. How come Chinese souless? They created ideas, wrote poems and classic literature, invented music style, how are these souless?
>>
>>71479088
That's sort of like Tunisians taking pride in Carthaginian achievements. But those were not Chinese people, since China did not exist as a country yet.

Proto-China was great. But Mozi (墨子), and other proto-Chinese people with souls, were all killed off by Qin (Chin) Legalism (法家); and later, by Maoist Communism.
>>
>>71471478
Most of Chinese history isn't that edifying anyway, usually just the peasant masses being enslaved by oppressive emperors in between ginormous civil wars and invasions that kill half the population.
>>
>>71479088
He's talking about the current CCP China
>>
File: 1464911846846.jpg (200KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464911846846.jpg
200KB, 640x480px
>Go to China
>Everyone is friendly and polite
>Kids hang out on the streets late at night
>No beggars or homeless people harrassing you
>People are eager to help you
After visiting so many places in Europe it was actually strange to have complete strangers acknowledge you're a tourist and not act like dicks.
>>
>>71484397
white people are treated well in china. I was treated horribly because they thought I was an african. People where friendly when they knew I was an american though, but they all expected me to know everything about the NBA.
>>
China was a mistake.
>>
>>71481422
So... europe?
>>
>>71486704
You should have lied and claimed to be some famous sportsman.

There's places in China that hire while people to pretend to be famous celebrities and pretend they live in a condo to help them sell units.
>>
>>71476058

Girl at the left, phrase ends with "insane".
>>
>>71469441
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
>>
>>71475555
athe"ism" is often treated as power of anti-religion in the west.
whereas in the east, such an anti-religion/god power or movement doesnt exist from the beginning.
>>71475703
and Taoism isnt even a religion. it doesnt treat a god as absolute existence, as idol, and is a mixture of funny narratives, folklore, experimentalism and all but for people its basically some counselling shit thats about your benefit in everyday life.
>>
>>71487750
This is why I said that religion in the western sense doesn't exist there.
It's the reason you didn't have crusades and other "I will kill you for your beliefs" shit (Except for killing Christians)
>>
98 soon....
>>
>>71469441
Efficient*
>>
>>71488055
In the most cases, killing Christians was caused by a political tyranny, not a confliction of each other's religious ideology.

Japan hasnt had a strong religious ideology, if i had to say something, its been pretty much driven by Animism. China has/had basically taken something beneficial in their lives like Taoism, or experimentalism about your spirit and fate like I Ching.
>>
>>71469805
I don't think not believing in magic is an issue here.
>>
>>71488416
This is one of the reasons I admire eastern culture a bit.
We sort of lost this "help yourself feel better" attitude.
>>
>>71469441
The cultural revolution was the official recorded death of the Chinese civilization they had built for over thousands of years.
>>
>>71469441
Nice try freckles, but gingers don't have souls.
>>
>>71469441
They are super advanced by race. Blacks are the least advanced, whites are second most advanced, East Asians are the most advanced. It's always difficult for the less advanced race to see the "soul" in the next most advanced race.
>>
>>71489994
t. Laurence Zhang
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.