[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: bizarre traditions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: 1487460209828.webm (3MB, 526x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487460209828.webm
3MB, 526x360px
ITT: bizarre traditions
>>
>>71465140
Damn those africans are always acting like a bunch of ameri... I mean animals.
>>
male genital mutilation
>>
File: 1487460442221.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487460442221.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>71465249
>>
>>71465300
-t. american
he feels no pain for yahweh is with him
>>
File: baby jumping1.jpg (187KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
baby jumping1.jpg
187KB, 768x1024px
Baby jumping (El Colacho) is a traditional Spanish holiday dating back to 1620 that takes place annually to celebrate the Catholic feast of Corpus Christi in Burgos.[1][2] During the act, known as El Salto del Colacho (the devil's jump) or simply El Colacho, men dressed as the Devil (known as the Colacho) in red and yellow jump suits jump over babies born during the previous twelve months of the year who lie on mattresses in the street. The "devils" hold whips and oversized castanets as they jump over the unaware infants.

The Brotherhood of Santísimo Sacramento de Minerva organizes the week-long festivities which culminate on Sunday when the Colacho jumps over the babies on the mattresses placed on the procession route traversing the town.[3] The origins of the tradition are unknown but it is said to cleanse the babies of original sin, ensure them safe passage through life and guard against illness and evil spirits.[4][5][6] In recent years, Pope Benedict has asked Spanish priests to distance themselves from El Colacho, and to downplay the tradition’s connection with Catholicism. The Church still teaches that it is baptism by water, not a giant leap by an airborne devil, which cleanses the soul of original sin.
>>
>>71465403
Interesting
>>
File: Duffy.jpg (117KB, 1414x795px) Image search: [Google]
Duffy.jpg
117KB, 1414x795px
>>71465140
I didn't know there are Duffy Duck cosplayers in Africa
>>
>>71465403
This reminds me of that video from South Asia where some guy gets his head smashed in with a hammer for some similar tradition.
>>
>>71465140
WE WUZ DAVY JONES N SHIT
>>
carnaval.
not the, cheerful, colorful ones like in brazil, but full on chug-a-thon for about half of the country for a few days. universities even near my province have made it a sort-of holiday, since during it, over half the students are absent during it.
>>
File: Marzanna.jpg (132KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
Marzanna.jpg
132KB, 600x594px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN7wfuh6zy4

Marzanna (in Polish), Morė (in Lithuanian), Morana (in Czech, Slovene, Serbian, and Croatian), or Morena (in Slovak and Russian) or also Mara (in Belarusian and Ukrainian), Maržena, Moréna, Mora or Marmora is a Baltic and Slavic goddess associated with seasonal rites based on the idea of death and rebirth of nature. She is an ancient goddess associated with winter's death and rebirth and dreams.

Usually schoolchildren and young people participate in the celebrations alongside local folklore groups and other residents. A procession consisting of men, women and children carries handmade Marzanna (and often also Marzaniok dolls, the male counterpart to Marzanna) to the nearest river, lake or pond. The participants sing traditional songs and throw effigies of Marzanna into the water. Sometimes the effigies are first set on fire, or their clothes are torn.
>>
File: 2595907831483_orig.jpg (96KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
2595907831483_orig.jpg
96KB, 960x640px
>>
Before midnight on New Year's Eve, we leave bags with a pomegranate in it outside our door. The first time we re-enter our home, we have to take a bag with a pomegranate and smack it on the step/ground in front of the door to break open the pomegranate, then walk inside the house with our right foot first.

t. Grik
>>
Mummers
>>
>>71469200
We do that too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svlIUj7ENOw
>>
>>71474927
Pro tip: dont do it drunk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtdwhWklB5I
>>
dog spinning
>>
>>71465140
They also bathe in cow piss to change their hair color.
>>
We have this in a couple of places up north:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY6_T1r_VeM

These guys go around groping women and hitting them with bells on their belts.

We wuz celts and shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.