[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: sA4XkBL[1].png (176KB, 480x325px) Image search: [Google]
sA4XkBL[1].png
176KB, 480x325px
>>
Overall decent state plagued by high taxes and a poor reputation from NYC. Also their (and PA's) drivers are fucking shit and this is coming from NJ
>>
>>71425113
Rust belt.
>>
>>71425113
>Overall decent state plagued by high taxes

Seems kinda dumb that rural Yorkers have to pay the same amount of taxes as the city
>>
>>71425113
The coolest part of NY. CNY is the best.
>>
Nothing
>>
Tiny liberal arts schools.
>>
>>71425113
>Buffalo
Niggers and snow
>Syracuse
Snow and more snow
>Corning
Glass and more glass
>Ithaca
Cornell University
>Cooperstown
Baseball stuff
>>
>>71428655
>Syracuse
The snow all melted anon, although we got a foot or so of snow last week.
>>
>>71425113
>this is coming from NJ
Opinion discarded
Everything in NJ is shit.
Gas isn't even cheap there anymore
Lol what kind of faggot charges money to walk on the beach?
>>
Lots of corn. Not much else.
>>
As somebody who lives in upstate NY (and is an immigrant from Europe) I've always liked it here. I live in Rochester and the big draws to it are the two great colleges (U of R and RIT) but for most people there's probably not enough to entertain them like a bigger city. A lot of the other towns up here are like that, the colleges are the biggest draw to them. The high taxes are absolute bullshit though, we just pay for NYCs welfare and other absurdities. And also the politics are totally fucked because of NYC too. Upstate is very conservative but because NYC has such a large population it leads to our vote being basically meaningless in comparison to them. NYC is the sole reason Democrats always win the electoral college, have the governorship, and both senate seats.

I really wish Upstate would just separate off from NYC but it'll never happen.
>>
>>71429463
>The high taxes are absolute bullshit though, we just pay for NYCs welfare and other absurdities
Social welfare is a federal responsibility and upstate gets more from state spending than it pays in
> Upstate is very conservative but because NYC has such a large population it leads to our vote being basically meaningless in comparison to them. NYC is the sole reason Democrats always win the electoral college, have the governorship, and both senate seats.
Hillary won upstate New York
>>
I don't know why but it always seems like a pretty but very depressing area to be in. no h8
>>
>>71425113
It's like the mix between PA and New England, while also having the self-centered mentality that's common in NYC without actually being important to the nation.

Overall, not too bad.

>>71425179
>NJ thinking they can talk about bad drivers
>>
criminality, hyperdense habitation, stocks, not even kidding- jews, and rural mountain towns
>>
>entire identity is about not being the City
>no industry, no culture, no anything
>can't even agree where their region starts
Why are upstaters such cucks?
>>
>>71430770

when the most notable thing about your state is a amalgam cesspit of greed, disease, crime, and depravity it's certainly understandable to look for an alternative
>>
>>71425113
I live there (Rochester) and I jacked off today
>>
>>71430770
>can't even agree where their region starts

That is the only thing you were right about, what constitutes as CNY is a vary broad spectrum.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.