[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you more like Civil or Common Law?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: balance-147053_1280.png (82KB, 1280x992px) Image search: [Google]
balance-147053_1280.png
82KB, 1280x992px
Are you more like Civil or Common Law?
>>
Common Law as precedent matters, especially when it comes to social issues.
>>
Common law is crap. Look at our country today. Some shitty podunk judge from Seattle thinks he can legislate from his bench.
Only the Supreme Court should be able to make sweeping changes to interpretation, but unfortunately this is how our system works, and I can't think of a way to fix that.
>>
>>71415272
Precedent literally only exists where there are gaps in the legislation. There's nothing stopping you codifying law to cover areas more effectively
>>
>>71415339
That's the problem.
You know what the most abused law in the United States is? I'll give you a hint.
"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."
Only a fucking judge could possibly go through such humongous fucking mental gymnastics to think that law was ever meant to be interpreted in more than one way.
>>
Just need a few nutcases as judges and your whole common law system will take a dive.

See: USA
>>
>>71415376
most of the time it's legislative fault for writing down the law like shit
>>
are you ok Portugal?
>>
>>71415253
Yet Civil law is a written system, judges interpretations can substantially changes the view and the application of a law.
>>
>>71415446
Most bills are written like shit, and there isn't really a whole lot Congress can do about that--that's how the game gets played. But when they try to play their stupid mind games on something as simple and basic as the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, you already know that your system is crap.
>>
>>71415495
Well, yeah, I agree that every part has his responsability in the mess that the judicial system is..

>>71415339
>Precedent literally only exists where there are gaps in the legislation

In Spain judges can cover the gaps with their decissions using the analogy with other laws.
>>
File: cutter.jpg (53KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
cutter.jpg
53KB, 500x367px
I live by the Law of the Bushknife.
>>
>>71415537
wew lad
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.