[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Esperanto worth learning at all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: esperanto.gif (3KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
esperanto.gif
3KB, 400x240px
I've heard its very easy to learn, and I like learning regular languages (it was my favorite part of HS Japanese) I would be learning it for fun, I'm aware its almost completely useless.
>>
It's nice enough, pretty cool grammar and phonology, but like you said, it's useless unless you have autism.
>>
>>71377337
>its almost completely useless.
well, there's your answer

why not learn a real language that isn't some made up shit without a historical context and an actual culture
>>
>>71377386
It would just be fun to learn and use to speak to other weirdos on the internet in it.
>>71377389
Because languages are hard to learn when their grammar has unnecessary features like gender, case, or irregular conjugation
>>
>>71377442
>unnecessary features like gender, case
I wouldn't say that gender and cases are useless, you can construct huge and complicated multi-clause sentences by addressing previous words with the right article and so on, it's fun
>>
>>71377337
> it was my favorite part of HS Japanese

weeb
>>
>>71377582
I almost said useless. But I didn't, they have some functionality, mostly in recognition and clarity for native speakers.
>>71377898
Spanish was full, so it was ASL or Jap. I was one of two non weeb or asian in the class
>>
File: 1370434772141.jpg (58KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1370434772141.jpg
58KB, 640x560px
There are plenty of other easy languages that aren't made by commie fedora tippers.
>>
>>71377337
completely useless today, all you could use it for is to show off that you know one more language

there are other easy languages to learn and that you could still use
>>
You literally don't need to speak any language other than English. Mandarin will never become the lingua franca, and everu educated person outside of China knows English.

The only remaining reason to learn languages is for fun, and Esperanto is fun.
>>
>>71378338
>The only remaining reason to learn languages is for fun, and Esperanto is fun.
how is it fun if you can't even use it for anything, there's almost no media whatsoever, there are barely any people who speak it and they are scattered across the world
>>
>>71378503
Learning a language is fun
>>
>>71378546
might as well learn klingon then
>>
>>71378649
If you find it fun, then why not?
>>
>>71377337
only americans love this "language"

why
>>
fuck no, don't learn this language, everyone that knows this is in some esperanto cult and they're annoying as fuck

BAD
USELESS
LANGUAGE
>>
>>71378979
because it's such a huge waste, other languages are fun as well with the huge difference that you actually use them for something and combine other interests with it
a language is literally useless if you can't put it to work, plus you'll never truly learn it then anyway

learn italian, and you get literature, movies, learn things about a rich culture, history etc., same with french, spanish, japanese....
with esperanto you get... what?

you could drive an F1 car on some race tracks all across the world, but with Esperanto your sitting on you bobby car in the driveway and mumble brrm brrm to yourself
>>
>>71377337
>>arguing with some anon one day about how this language is useless
>>anon says "millions of people speak it worldwide"
>>Im thinking so fucking way
>>google results 2million speakers

>>2 million
>>MILLIONS of speakers

literally almost more cunts in my cancer city, would rather just learn Korean proficiently
>>
>>71379192
i swear theres loads of euro flags that love it too
>>
>>71377337
It's a complete meme for high-class europeist circlejerks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.