[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is America so Eurocentric?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Isnt it supposed to be a melting pot?

>European folklore
>European language
>European clothing
>European food (with some Native American food)
etc
>>
It was an European colony and the vast majority of its population has European blood.
>>
>>71332812
I'm going for a spitball here, really, but I think- and this is my opinion- I think.
The country was founded by European immigrants?
Again, just an opinion.
>>
It's a phenomenon that's baffled scholars for decades
>>
File: 1483822808810.jpg (30KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483822808810.jpg
30KB, 396x400px
I'll take the high road and assume this isn't b8.
The country was founded by Europeans (and to an extent, Africans), most immigrants were European until something like 40 years ago. Most of your examples would be explained by that.
>European folklore
Well, depending on your definition of folklore, it isn't solely European, but our folklore is often regional.
That said, depending on where you live, it's a solid mix of European, Native, Black, and in some places, Mexican.
>European language
The whole nation was colonized or conquered by English speakers, and even parts that were at some point not under English control (barring Natives of course) spoke another European language. There are still in fact minorities that speak non-English languages at home. E.g. Pennsylvania Dutch, Texas German, Louisianan Creole, etc.
>European clothing
We don't really have "traditional garb", and aside for that, we just wear the same modern clothes worn in a lot of countries. Jeans were invented here too, I guess.
>European food (with some Native American food)
That once again depends on where you live. Where I live (Georgia), The food is heavily African influenced. But like I said, until like 40 years ago, the only predominate groups were Europeans, Natives, and Blacks. (And in some area, Mexicans)

>Tl;dr until very recently most people were European or black
>>
>>71332812
>America
>European clothes
It's the opposite tho.
>>
>>71332812
>Eurocentric
>implying
Americans have been the advocate for nigger culture for the past fucking decade and through massmedia it has taken its roots in its population
>>
>>71333169
Come on, man....we don't walk around in full 3 piece suits, and $100 shirts to go shopping and wear scarves in summer.
>>71333188
Yes and no. The most White Americans have a pro-Europe leaning, especially the working class that decorate their homes Euro-style. Even the younger, brain-dead zombie millennials see Europe as a place to go. I am very pro-Europe btw
>>
>>71332812
>>European food (with some Native American food)
Chinese and Mexican food are really popular desu
>>
>>71333304
Nah it's true.
Modern shirts, sweaters, jeans, chino pants... all of this is american.
Recently I watched an Italian 60's movies, and nobody had those clothes back then.
>>
>>71332839
<50% now
>>
>>71332812
America was at one point essentially an extension of Europe. The culture stems from European culture.
>>
>>71333366
>Modern shirts
You mean the ghastly printed shirts with goofy designs? I hate those things. All my t-shirts are solid colors.
Jeans...yeah I agree, but those are everywhere now.

>1960s
I wish that level of class still existed.
My grandfather wears typical trousers and button down shirts and brown shoes everyday and he is 84. So, yeah he looks more Euro than most.
>>
>>71333393
People don't need to be white to have European blood.
>>
>>71333778
can't call yourself a european if you're 80% chink-hispanic-native american-iraqi
>>
>>71333062

It was only in 1850s that whites started to take over Natives

central and western USA was still mostly native
>>
>>71334137
While you are right, when the Europeans expanded westward, the Natives weren't with them much longer.
They either died or were shoved onto reservations.
>>
>>71334299

Im just pointing out that most White supremacist seem to have the idea that current boarders of USA was "white" ever since the 1600s

The reality is that America was never White. Even within the early colonial settlements, they had black and injun slaves
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.