[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favourite book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0669.jpg (239KB, 855x711px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.jpg
239KB, 855x711px
What's your favourite book?
>>
either roadside picnic or frankenstein
>>
>>71328670
>whales are a fish
>>
Around the world in 80 days
it's very /int/
btw i didn't see any of the movies
>>
The menu from McDonalds
>>
>>71328718
If you read moby dick, you'd know this to be the case. Pleb.
>>
>>71328756
America's greatest contribution to the western canon
>>
>>71328670
For a very long time it's been LOTR.

Now I don't really know. Maybe La Horde du Contrevent from Alain Damasio, or some Discworld tome involving the Watch. I like the Thursday Next franchise from Jasper Fforde too.

Also, please upvote.
>>
Can't really list out faves, but I gotta say, world war z is a nice book
>>
>>71329006
i really need to read whole Discworld. got stuck on The Colour of Magic
i loved the Hogfather movie so i've just got to
>>
>>71329079
The first 3 ones are by far the worst of the whole series (and, as a matter of fact, most things about Rincewind suck). I'll never understand why people rate them.

That's, like, my opinion, but to me the whole franchise only reach greatness after the first book involving the Watch (Guards!). And the best books of the series are really those with the Watch. Those about the witches, the Death or Moist von Lipwig, while still good, are clearly not as good.

Also, I didn't read some of the very late books when Pratchett was going RIPIP, but at the end the franchise really plumeted. That one about the invention of the train & rail was really meh.
>>
>>71328670
Anna Karenina. Lolita is a runner up.
>that pic
What the hell? Sauce?
>>
temple of the golden pavillion
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.