[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working in Holland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

My countries cannabis laws have gotten me in trouble, I'm not going to change and the judge was clear I should just leave the country. So what's my chances of getting work in North Holland (stupid South and their stupid weed card) as someone who can't speak Dutch and prolly won't be able to learn.
I'm currently working as a business admin managing a CRM & CMS, pulling reports, doing associated analytics, driving business development projects like disaster recovery and business continuity for genesys. I'm skilled in most scripting languages like JS or SQL. I have pervious experience in call centre tech support, sales management and general office admin.
So what are my chances of getting work in Holland? It's not just the weed I love the 'leave me alone, I leave you alone' attitude most Dutch people have and damn the food is good!
>pic unrelated
>>
>>71301196
Hi anon, the guys who own Barneys are Irish. You probably already know this because the canna world is small, but they seem like good lads who love their herb, so might be worth bearing in mind.

You should be able to find that kind of work fairly easily in Dam as the big multinationals tend to work in English. You have a degree though? For some reason they take it a little more seriously there even if you have relevant work experience. Not a deal breaker, but will certainly make it easier.

Accommodation (with registration, google this) is going to be more expensive and hard to find than Dublin btw.

Are you a medical user or grower anon
>>
>>71301196
>I love the 'leave me alone, I leave you alone' attitude most Dutch people have
btw apparently it's quite difficult to make dutch friends as an expat ;_; Dam is international as fuck though as you know
>>
OH and weed card only applies to non-residents. and it's only in brietbart and limburg or whatever they're called. If you live there (NL) and have proof it doesn't matter you're Irish.
>>
DUDE 420 BAB MORLEY BLAZ IT LMAO
>>
>>71301532
Medical user who can't grow or smoke anymore, urine tests etc. Tramadol etc is driving me crazy. 3x fractures in a vertebrae 7 years ago has me a chronic pain sufferer. I really miss growing, chilli's just aren't as rewarding, close second tho.
No degree but 9+ years experience, worked my way up from the phones, nothing they could throw at me I couldn't do.
Doesn't have to be the Dam I'd be fine in Eindhoven or similar as long as I can get my precious pain relief.
Sounds like it's a serious possibility though.
Thanks /b/ro
>>
>>71301641
I thought it was for established residents i.e. Over 2+ years but I'll reinvestigate that.
>>
>>71301781
wow that's messed up. I broke my back a couple of years ago also (burst fracture.) luckily the pain isn't so bad, i'm actually allergic to that tramadol crap and fuck traditional opiates.

if you want to grow there I think the deal is plant count (5). So you can have a DWC room with 4K lights and it's still "tolerated" if you got raided. You'll have to check this tho. You should also consider Spain and Czech republic, although work will be more difficult.
>>
>>71301943
also green card lottery or any way to get to America? the tide WILL turn fairly quickly I think, already is, but Europe is lagging on this front all over. "Tolerated" != legal
>>
File: a8f.jpg (248KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a8f.jpg
248KB, 1500x1000px
>>71301196
DUDE
WEED
LMAO
>>
>>71301943
A friend can get me TEFL work in Barcelona but >>71302016 makes a good point tolerated != not legal. Talked to a Czech buddy I work with, it's practically impossible for a non-Czech speaker to get work that isn't a tour guide over there.
>>71302016
Court case ongoing but I'm prolly coming out with a record and suspended sentence so America is out.
We've just passed a medical bill here but chronic pain and a few other conditions are excluded, it's only for MS, chemo and epilepsy but not all seizure disorders
>>
Most big cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven will have English speaking IT jobs available, but not having a degree could make it more difficult. Some testimonials from (ex)employers could help. If I were you I'd just send out your resume to international recruitment agencies here and see where it gets you.

Also don't worry about the weed pass thing, I think they only enforce it in the bigger cities in the south and if you pass 10 euros to a random guy walking in he'd buy for you no problem.
>>
>>71302386
>all dese (You)s
heh. It's the same "tolerated" situation in NL tho. That factoid about plant count is word of mouth from canna people so idk for sure, but a little birdy told me that a lot of coffeeshop product is produced in this "distributed" way instead of industrial growrooms these days.

The weird thing about Spain's tolerated situation is that medical isn't a reason, you basically have to say you're a massive weed addict to get off after a raid.

Man, honestly, I doubt you would ever even see court in the UK given your medical history if you keep the plant count down. What numbers did you get raided with out of curiosity?
>>
>>71302659
I'll make a post about it when the dust settles (being cautious for now) but it was the week after harvest so couldn't have been worse, only smoked about 5g of some lovely afghan kush. Had plants in the tent ready to flower in about 2 weeks and others in the veg area so it looked bad.
Garda was defending the quantity as looking worse than it was but judge don't give a fk, he thinks I'm "as bad and dangerous as Mr. Big (Daniel Kinahan)" which is outlandish BS.
>>71302465
Thanks, I'll try the employment agencies, references aren't a problem my boss is very happy to give me a good reference and sell my goods qualities
>>
File: 1472327171414.jpg (36KB, 435x334px) Image search: [Google]
1472327171414.jpg
36KB, 435x334px
>>71301196

HEEM yourself faggot druggie
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.