[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dominican Republic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: dr 1.jpg (175KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dr 1.jpg
175KB, 1600x1200px
"Radio DJ and producer shot dead by assassins while reading the news"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2870331/radio-dj-and-producer-shot-dead-by-assassins-while-reading-the-news-on-facebook-live/

"Luis Manuel Medina was killed while broadcasting his show 'Milenio Caliente' – (Hot Millennium) on a Facebook Live stream on Tuesday. His producer Leo Martinez, who was also the director of the radio station 103.5 HICC, was also shot dead."

"The Santo Domingo-based Today newspaper reported two unidentified suspects had entered the radio station and opened fire. Police have arrested three men but no one has been charged. The shooting took place inside a shopping centre at San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic, where the radio station is based. Police say the station's secretary Dayaba Garcia was also was injured and was rushed to hospital where she is undergoing surgery.

"Mr Medina's show covered political and social issues, recently condemning pollution at the Laguna Mallen lake in San Pedro de Macoris. He was also the official announcer of the Estrellas Orientales baseball team."

What's going on down there? This is worrisome; the Dominican Republic is one of the regions prized success stories and a truly cherished nation in the Caribbean. Decent hard-working people who are a real asset to have close and, imho, one of our best kept secrets.

This is saddening; I hope it isn't a sign of some larger issue. My sympathies.

"...
>>
>>71252437
what a violent shithole 2bh
>>
Surely I wasn't the only one when initially reading this thinking this happened in some Islamic state shithole.

What was the motive?
>>
>Martinez
>Ridriguez
>Hernandez
What percentage of Latin Anerica's population did I capture with those three last names?
>>
This is karma for trating Haitians like shit.

Do your best Haiti!
>>
File: punta-cana Dominican Republic.jpg (511KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
punta-cana Dominican Republic.jpg
511KB, 1920x1080px
>>71252650

>What was the motive?

That's what I'm trying to learn. There's whispers that it may have had something to do with some topic they were reporting on. something about some construction project. It's not at all clear yet though, at least from the news I am reading.

Its not a 'violent shithole' either. Its a prosperous and decent place, which is why this stands out. if it were common, it wouldn't be so surprising.

I say it is one of our hemisphere's best kept secrets because many of our wealthy and celebrities secretly sneak down there to vacation, and its also a seemingly endless investment opportunity. They run a legit government and are a real friend to investors.

They have had some meaningless controversy in recent years again for standing up to problematic illegal invaders and expelling them. They have a sense of national pride and protect it with common sense, which offends people who dislike borders.
>>
>>71252867
>Its not a 'violent shithole' either. Its a prosperous and decent place, which is why this stands out. if it were common, it wouldn't be so surprising.

Lol no.
>>
>>71252957

I think you have misinformation. They have some crime, but it is not immoderate compared to the rest of the region.

Moreover, the government does sincerely try to respond to issues, including crime. There is some measure of police corruption, but again, it is not immoderate to the rest of the region.

If my choices are Detroit or the DR, I will take the DR.
>>
the caribbean is a fucking mess
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.