[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unique words in your language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

Hebrew: לגרבץ (legarbetz)
Scratching/fondling your own balls
>>
Lagom (won't even try explaining this one to you ratracers)

Fika (snack and a break which somehow increases productivity)
>>
File: 1484550704124.jpg (98KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1484550704124.jpg
98KB, 600x450px
>>71177688

Empalagar (when you can't eat sugar anymore because you had enough)

Enmadrarse (When a child is very attached to their mother)

Quincena (A period of 15 days, usually people gets paid every Quincena)

Concuñado (The husband of your spouse’s sister or the husband of your sister-in-law)

Estrenar (When you use something the first time AND when something is new like a movie at the cinema, is called estreno)

Antier (the day before yesterday)

Desvelado (The state of someone who didn't sleep)

Tutear (Whenever you talk to someone in an informal way and might be rude to older people, for example, you ask and older man his name "¿Cuál es su nombre?" and tutear would be like "¿Cuál es tu nombre?")

Estadounidense (Someone from the US, a literal translation would be like Unitedstatetian)

Entrecejo (The part between the eyebrows)

Amigovio (Friend with benefits)

There are a fuck ton more.
>>
>>71177688
Petaloso: a term literally invented last year by a kid. It supposedly means a flower with many petals. Most people use it as an insult.
>>
>>71177688
vitutus (hard to translate but means something like annoyance.)
>>
>>71178600
vaginaeing
>>
>Sisu
which loosely means stoic determination, grit, bravery, resilience, and hardiness

>Tokka
Large herd of reindeer

>Vitutus
Extreme annoyance or frustration.

>Spurdo
Ebin memester and a shitposter.
>>
>Empalagado
Overwhelmed with sweet flavor
>>
Fortnight: 2 weeks
>>
>Ripuloija

A person who is taking a diarrhea shit
>>
>>71177688
fuck israel
>>
File: 1847564784.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1847564784.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>71179797
fuck germany
>>
File: 609_uu.jpg (15KB, 244x311px) Image search: [Google]
609_uu.jpg
15KB, 244x311px
>>71179797
Angry Abdul detected.
>>
"Yonder"- in the distance
"Reckon" - I believe, I think, I know
Southern US, not to be confused with Hick, that is actually different.
>>
>>71177688
כושי / koushi/ reason to steal
>>
>>71178536
At the very least antier and tutear aren't unique. The latter exists in pretty much every language with distinct formal/informal pronouns, whilst the former exists in Dutch as eergisteren, and there's an archaic English translation too, ereyesterday.
>>
>>71179887
>Yonder
Dutch translation is "daarginds", or even "ginder" if you want that "oldie" feel. Wiktionary also gives translations for a shittonne of languages I don't speak.
>Reckon
How...How is this supposed to be a unique word.

>>71180544
>google translate it
>negro, nigger
Nice meme

I can think of the following dutch words that are at the very least hard to translate as singular words in other languages
>Swaffelen
A slangish verb that at one point was word of the year in some "word of the year" contest. It means "to hit something with your penis"

>Gezelligheid
Although German Gemütlichkeit might be close, I believe they express slightly different sentiments. Not sure though.
>>
File: 1486626196300.png (797KB, 640x927px) Image search: [Google]
1486626196300.png
797KB, 640x927px
>>71177688
Mimo (a non-platonic caress or pet)
>>
>>71177688
lan (etymologically it means "boy" -or "child" if you wanna go further back- but nowadays it is not a lexical unit, it is more of a grammatical unit that has no meaning of its own, but it is not a regular grammatical unit like "but/of/from" either, infact you can take it out and the language will be still grammatical. it only conveys emotion/emphasis etc, like "fuck" in english, but unlike fuck it is meaningless)
>>71178536
>Concuñado
enişte for the former (if he's older), kayınço for the second
>Entrecejo
belce
>Desvelado
uykusuz. also sleepless in english?
>Enmadrarse
ana kuzusu (mama's boy in english?)
>>
>>71178536
>Quincena
We have Quinzaine in French as well which means the same thing
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.