[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Americans really believe they are the good guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: Bombs-American-Flag.png (433KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
Bombs-American-Flag.png
433KB, 640x340px
Do Americans really believe they are the good guys?
>>
Yes.
>>
We are a neo-European semi-empire that operates as such

We fuck up poorer states, while maintaining power and stability in the western sphere

We are just like the empires of old, not 'good' or 'bad', but just watching out for 'our own', which in this case, is the western world
>>
It just reflects the immense stupidity of the average american.
Most of those in power do what they do for their own interests, not because they actually want to help people.
The only good american is one that's been killed by an IED desu.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uldb1_WRO9Y
>>
>>71140889
that's pretty fucking edgy senpai
if you're not joking though, you can be happy that we are declining in power and looking inwards, and china will fill the void in the pacific. maybe you'll like them better
>>
Why would any country think they are bad guys?
Self-hating is weird.
>>
>>71140798
>>71140849
really makes you think
>>
>>71140856
>the western world
Yes sure, more like just the USA
if it was really for the western world you wouldnt spy on your allies or plan to colonize your oldest ally
>>
I wake up every morning, and after I've had my Big Mac, I praise Jesus for making America the world's protector.

No one really thinks about it.
>>
>>71140704
Normies unironically think we are the good guys

I just want us to be friends with Russia and not meddle with other countries shit
>>
>>71140970
You're naïve if you don't think everyone spies on each other
>>
>>71140970
Europe showed it's destructive power in two world wars that killed nearly 100 million people. Yes, we have you people on a leash so you don't go full autism again, but on the other hand we have brought wealth and stability to places like germany (if I recall correctly, your country abused germany post-ww1)

I should re-phrase for you because you are right: we watch out for ourselves, and for the most part, the western world benefits somewhat from us being the primary power, and not some other force
>>
>>71141010
>t. shit evil people say
>>
>>71140936
Yes I celebrated trumps victory because I hope you're country get's humbled when trump inevitably fucks the country up.
But yeah, friends of freedom smile when americans die.
>>
>>71140936
Actually more Australians would prefer that according to surveys.
>>
>>71141046
well if that's what they want, then they are a democracy

>>71141043
this is unnecessarily edgy, especially coming from another country in the anglosohere

I know most australians aren't like you tho
>>
>>71140889
Hi Western Sydney, just finished your fourth prayer of the day?
>>
>>71141038
Excuse me, I need to go wax my evil mustache
>>
>>71141046
In my experience that isn't true.
Most australian's love america and the acts of american imperialism here don't bother the vast majority of people.
On the other hand, chinese ownership of land makes people incredibly angry.
>>71141076
Sorry if I made you misunderstand my position.
By american I mean the agents of american imperialism, e.g american soldiers and the Military industrial complex. Most left leaning americans i've met are ok.
>>
>>71140704
they all do until they realize they're not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
>>
>>71141109
It is just a shitty excuse
Sure, other countries spy as well, but nobody has such a highly developped spying infrastructure, which allows you to spy on all people of the developped world simultaniously
>>
>>71141122
I mean, if you want to legitimately hate on anyone, hate the military industrial complex (as you mentioned), the corporations involved, and the leaders who instigate war for their geopolitical gains. the soldiers, like in any army, are aggressively taught to operate in an authoritarian command structure to achieve maximum combat effectiveness. they are just average schmucks like you and I who joined the military to pay for college. there are certainly evil soldiers, like those that commit mass rape/murder, but for the most part they are normies trying to complete orders and not to get killed. every army is like that
>>
I believe we're good for us, which may or may not be good for everyone else.
Anyways it's quite clear who it is good for and who it is not, because everyone who profits from a US hegemony is our ally.
And so by association, in places like Germany, Australia, maybe Finland, France, and Argentina, the US are the good guys.
>>
>>71141215
So should we handicap ourselves in the interest of fairness?
>>
>>71140798
>>71140849
Maybe
>>
>>71141282
that's what beeing good means.
handicapping yourselves in the interest of fairness
>>
>>71140936

Actually American economic and cultural prowess is at an all time high.

China is waning. Russia is a mess.
>>
>>71141037
>and for the most part, the western world benefits somewhat from us being the primary power, and not some other force
I agree, i prefer to see the US being the hyperpower rather than China or something else
>>
>>71141046

Gung day fat choi.
>>
>>71141302
I don't know
>>
>>71141215

I wonder why ...
>>
if we really want to cut the shit, america looks out for itself and the anglosphere.

>>71141314
not the other american: I understand what you mean, but honestly, what superpower has ever operated under 'fairness'? this world is filled with different groups vying for power, and as soon as you play fair, you are taken advantage of by other groups. even with the most basic things like rules of war. if we engaged the middle like a full-on Axis power, we would probably easily win, but because we restrain ourselves in that little way, the terrorists take advantage of it.

is the spying necessary? I don't know, but for empires to stay in power, they always have to have the edge.
>>
>>71141314
I see. Next time we go to war we should give the enemy some helicopters as well
>>
>>71141402
fuck, I meant to write "If we engaged the MIDDLE EAST"
>>
>>71141402
>but honestly, what superpower has ever operated under 'fairness'?
no one, and it is true that america is not as evil as the superpowers that came before them. They are still pretty evil though

>but for empires to stay in power, they always have to have the edge.
I believe most empires fell because they were unpopular with their subject nations, which managed to break free eventually
>>
>>71140987
>I just want us to be friends with Russia

You know that's impossible. The best we could do is to not be enemies.
>>
>>71141122
Are you actually a Greens voting Melbournian?
>>
>>71141468
:(
>>
>>71141478
Yes I gave first preference to the greens last election and I do live in melbourne.
Nothing wrong with it of course, at least I didn't vote liberal.
>>
yes
I don't though
>>
>>71141554
Hahahahahaha that's a fucking classic. I hope Apex give you what you fucking deserve.
>>
>>71141462
>still pretty evil
yeah, especially with the destabilization of some latin american countries.

what I mean to say is, we are looking at america through the lens of modern western morality. the US operates just like many other superpowers from the past, but we now have these new enlightenment morals that ascend tribalism

>because they were unpopular with their subject nations
heh that's a funny way to say you stomped the Romans out of Germania, hans

>>71141468
like the other american, I just want the US to be friends with Russia, but the issue really isn't between the US and Russia. It is between Russian interests in expansion versus the smaller eastern european nations who are very afraid of russia (with good historical reason). the US could turn on a dime and work with russia with little effort, but your neighbors have a fear of you stretching centuries
>>
>implying any country is inherently good or evil

Really? USA being the sole superpower is bretty gud for their allies, duh.
>>
>>71140704
Majority of the population, yes. As for me, I couldn't care less. My first priority is to try to save myself first, the rest of the world, at least the sadniggers, can continue to kill each other.
>>
>>71141641
Not only Roman Empire
British Empire fail because their subject nations rebelled. Same is true for Ottomans and Soviet Union
>>
>>71141693
That is partly true, but the real killer for the British Empire was the two World Wars.
>>
File: William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg (17KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg
17KB, 300x381px
>>71141693
fortunately, the US still has complete control over its main subject
>>
yes, unconsciously they do. that's why we don't get along with them.
>>
File: 1485937574702.jpg (122KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1485937574702.jpg
122KB, 1278x1181px
>>71141274
>>
File: DJT_Headshot_V2_400x400.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DJT_Headshot_V2_400x400.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>71141730
yes but your president is about to change that
>>
>>71141750
I was referring to the south as our main subject

Trump is just a continuation of US dominance over the South. Southerners beat their chests and curse the north, then all vote for an alpha male from New York City. I love the south, but we must work to control them at every turn so they don't rise again

our most successful tool of control has been fast food. by keeping the southerners fat, they are less likely to fight back
>>
>>71141815
oh yeah, I agree, south is gonna stay in America
But I think that it is really important for you that countries keep trading oil in dollar, for example.
Should all MENA countries suddenly decide to stop trading in dollar, then your currency would crash
>>
>>71141848
I can't see it changing any time soon to be honest. The European Union has had a setback with the UK leaving (I know they wern't in the Eurozone) with the potential of France and the Netherlands leaving as well. Russia barely has a bigger economy than Australia. So the glaring currency is the Yuan, but that is pegged to the US dollar and thus is not a major currency.
>>
File: 1477354950963.jpg (45KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1477354950963.jpg
45KB, 700x525px
>>71141848
yeah, the global economy is too inter-connected to withstand a big country from failing. if the EU, China, or the US go down, everyone else gets dragged down too.

I agree with >>71141915, I think everyone in power is too vested in the system to let things fall apart.

if the us housing bubble pops tho maybe young americans will actually be able to afford houses lel
>>
>>71141915
It is only a matter of time until US gets outclassed by China.
They have a population of 1,3 billion, once their people reach western level production, their GDP will be bigger than USA and EU combined
>>
>>71141947
I hope china stabilizes and prospers so they stop buying all our houses.
>>
>>71142035
This
>>
Wtf I hate USA and China now. What a sneaky evil bastards.
>>
we saved the world from communism

objectively, yes

ˢᵒʳʳʸ ᴳᵘᵃᵗᵉᵐᵃᶫᵃ, ᴺᶦᶜᵃʳᵃᵘᵍᵃ, ᴳʳᵉᶰᵃᵈᵃ, ᴿᵒᵐᵃᶰᶦᵃ, ᶜʰᶦᶫᵉ, ᵃᶰᵈ ᴵʳᵃᶰ
>>
>>71142410
ahem
>>
>>71142355
Only countries like The Netherlands, Switzerland, Singapore and Hong Kong have a heart of gold.
>>
>>71142410
>no communism
>'''saved'''
>>
>>71142536
I wouldn't say Switzerland has a heart of cold, they are apathetic as fuck.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.