[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Land of the Free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1419106395482.jpg (59KB, 548x410px) Image search: [Google]
1419106395482.jpg
59KB, 548x410px
Just wondering why sommany Americans talk unironically about how great and free their country is when you're actually one of the less free and in many ways most chillingly fascistic countries in the deveopled world. Examples include:
Civil asset forfeiture - the police can take anything you possess - from the money in your wallet to your house without you being charged or convicted of any crime. Police now take more money and goods from innocent citizens per year than burglars do.
Murderous, trigger-happy cops. In any interaction with any of the countless US law enforcement agencies you are in mortal danger/ They can kill you on a whim and they WILL get away with it. Even if it's on camera.
Taxation - US law requires US citizens working abroad to pay taxes twice over - to both the host country and the USA.
Human rights - the US openly totures and assassinates anyone it "suspects" of being a "terrorist", including US citizens. Any male civilian they kill over the age of 14 is automatically deemed to have been a terrorist.
Imprisonment - the USA has more prisoners than any other country at any time in history. Literally millions of people in prison, many for bullshit reasons like recreational drug use.

How can you possibly say you are a free country, never mind the most free? Please answer, genuinely interested.
>>
US pigs are now self-funding gangs who rob the people at will:
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/north_america/americas-current-economy/police-civil-asset-forfeitures-exceed-all-burglaries-in-2014/
>>
nobody could answer
>>
>>71120494
Nationalism is cancer

Just like how the UK is a shithole, the US is also a shithole.
>>
>>71123961
This.

Just like how the UK is a nanny state that will ban pretty much any and all weapons, has the most amount of surveillance of any country in the developed world, can fine you for not paying a licence on owning a TV, can imprison you for 'hate speech' etc.
>>
>>71124125
We inherited British authoritarian culture desu
>>
>>71120494
It's a very large country and the people who talk about freedom are all from the same regions inabouts the middle of the country. It is pretty free there. You walk around shooting guns at anything that crosses your path and then go fuck your own grandmother in the barn. They love it, man.

But those of us from the coastal states are not so deluded.
>>
>>71120494
Because there's a lot of uneducated Americans and nationalist brainwashing begins early.

Still, I see quite a few otherwise educated Americans who still claim that the US is #1. I think they're either in denial, haven't taken the time to think about all the inconsistencies, or haven't been exposed to them at all (out of willfull ignorance or cherrypicking their news outlets). If I so much as suggest that the US could use a different governmental system they seem to throw autistic fits.
>>
>>71126227
Pretty much. It really says a lot when many of those "freedom loving" folks vote for people with authoritarian tendencies.
>>
>let me tell you about your country
>>
Amerifatland?

They are not even a country or a nation, they do not evenen belongs to Western civilisation, thy are just a union of states created for purely economic reasons with the low quality immigrants no one wanted in Europe, Asia and Latin America, plus some Black slaves who are becoming the dominant culture in many ways, especially among the new generations.
>>
File: 1444371757108.jpg (192KB, 967x954px) Image search: [Google]
1444371757108.jpg
192KB, 967x954px
How can this Stop-and-seize bullshit not be a meme already?
>>
>same retarded thread but someone will always bite
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.