[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You wake up in the Roman Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: roman-forum-reconstruction.png (318KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
roman-forum-reconstruction.png
318KB, 500x300px
You wake up in the Roman Empire
>>
>>71119406
Fvck
>>
>>71119406
I already do it everyday
>>
File: 1425656396970.gif (383KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1425656396970.gif
383KB, 320x240px
...day which will known as start of decline...
>>
>tfw non virgnum amare habet
>>
>>71119571
>Italy
>Roman empire

>Average European country
>Height of civilisation

Nah dude all Italy does is exist on the same land the Roman empire once did, it's people are not of the same cloth.
>>
Which one? Pagan, christian or muslim?
>>
File: Varg-smiling.jpg (12KB, 320x350px) Image search: [Google]
Varg-smiling.jpg
12KB, 320x350px
>>71119780
>>
File: D'.jpg (22KB, 225x145px) Image search: [Google]
D'.jpg
22KB, 225x145px
>>71119780
holy
>>
Meds always build the best empires
>>
>>71119780
>>
>>71120906
Its because of Geographies Major Empires were located there
>>
>>71119406
Which one? The republic of Rome? The empire of Rome? Western Rome? Byzantium? The Holy Roman Empire?
>>
>>71121270
The empire of Rome
>>
>>71121270

>Roman Republic
>"empire"

>Western Roman Empire
>=/= Roman Empire??

>Holy Roman Empire
>"Holy"
>"Roman"
>"Empire"

The only valid distinction to ask of this question is between The Roman Empire or the Byzantine Empire, though that's even a semantic discrepency.
>>
File: pharaoh wojak.jpg (61KB, 449x532px) Image search: [Google]
pharaoh wojak.jpg
61KB, 449x532px
The crops will be ready by the end of the week, sir
>>
>>71122632
The Byzantine empire is hardly ever actually referred to as the "Roman empire" too.
After 610 its official language became Greek, I guess that would be a good point to definitely stop referring to it as the "Roman empire".
>>
>>71122861
Deep.
>>
>>71122898
Heraclius (an Armenian from North Africa) sure had a serious ikibey complex
>>
>>71122861
WE WUZ KANGS BUT UNDER WHITE RULE AYOOOOOOO
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>71122898
>america will switch on spanish in your lifetime
>>
I would try to push the Roman Empire into an Industrial Revolution

Realistically I would be dead in less than a week.
>>
>>71122898

Yeah, but then you switch over into arguing about what particular cultural aspects define a society. Maybe The Roman Empire ended when Christianity became the official religion. Maybe it ended when the East/West governance changed. Maybe it ended when Constantinople became the capitol, or maybe it ended before that when it moved to Revenna.

The Roman Empire included Constantinople, the capitol moved there, it ceded the western territory (eventually), but the Empire apparatus, while obviously adapting over time, was a continuum from Augustus through the fall in 1453.

I'd argue against including the Republic because it was a distinct political entity rooted in Rome itself.
>>
>>71119406
Fuck i don't speak Latin. I would be seen as a b*rbarian
>>
>>71123500
ego non calle lingua latina
after that they would understand that im not retarded and then i could maybe get around with geticulations
>>
Invade and pillage so I can make France
>>
>>71119406
"goes to cut hair and shave beard before being arrested for being a barbarian".
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.