[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologize.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: pearl-harbor_0.jpg (40KB, 575x386px) Image search: [Google]
pearl-harbor_0.jpg
40KB, 575x386px
Apologize.
>>
The only thing they did wrong was the timing of the attac
>>
Can someone redpill me on Pearl Harbour?
Why did they do it? It just seems idiotic, everything was going fine, the US didn't seem like it was going to get involved, then they bomb this huge sleeping power for the keks?
It just doesn't make sense to me bros
>>
File: Hiroshima-Bombing.jpg (39KB, 534x356px) Image search: [Google]
Hiroshima-Bombing.jpg
39KB, 534x356px
Apologize.
>>
>>71111141
why excatly should they apologize for bombing a military target?
>>
>>71111459
USA was sanctioning the shit out of nips.
In Japans eyes, a war with America was unevitable, so they wanted to cripple Americas pacific fleet to stall them
Didnt work out though
>>
>>71111459
The japs thought we may eventually get involved and conceived pearl harbor as a decapitation strike. They thought they were gonna stomp us so hard we couldn't and/or wouldn't be able to retaliate for years to come
>>
>>71111459
>the US didn't seem like it was going to get involved
Some of the things the US did that made it seem like it was going to get involved.
>build a naval base in Ireland
>occupy Iceland and Greenland
>patrol the Atlantic and get in a shooting war against U-boats
>train British and Canadian pilots
>repair Allied war boats
>supply the Allies with weapons and intel
>sanction and embargo Japan
>reinforce the Philippines with heavy bombers and subs
>form a not-so-secret defensive pact with Britain and Dutch against Japan
>make a number of express warnings against Japan for moving on Asian colonies
>station the PacFleet at Pearl Harbor, a move whose only purpose is to deter Japan
>station 2 army divisions on Pearl Harbor
>enter into a massive rearmament program, including more than doubling the size of the navy
>>
>>71111141
Yea right after you apologize for dropping two atom bombs on civilian targets aiming for maximum casualties without even trying to enter peace negotiations.

Ive been to pearl harbor, like ten people died and a couple of ships got sunk. big woop. American self victimization is insane..I still hear about 9/11 every September in between US bombing runs in the middle east. But I guess its okay when you call it liberation right? Fuck you.
>>
>>71112231
>getting this triggered
>>
>>71111459
Roosevelt wanted very badly to get involved, but most of the population of the US didn't. Our government put sanctions in place that would be perceived as provocations by the Japanese, but not by most Americans (cultural differences and all that). Roosevelt knew that the Japanese would attack, and that their attack would instantly rouse the American publics support for entering the war.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.