[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that you must have a licence to watch TV in the UK?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1483791421579.png (23KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1483791421579.png
23KB, 231x218px
Is it true that you must have a licence to watch TV in the UK?
>>
yes and many other countries too so i don't why why we get the memes for it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licence
>>
File: IMG_2761.jpg (218KB, 1888x1320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2761.jpg
218KB, 1888x1320px
>>71102401
Yes, it's the reason we rebelled
>>
>>71102469
also, italy is way worse than us

>Unlike television licensing in the United Kingdom, in Italy there is no exception for those who only use a TV to receive non-broadcast signals such as playing DVDs or watching online videos.
>>
Ever country pays a tv licences
Countries that have it separately are superior so as that if you dislike your nations broadcaster you can refuse to pay for them by not owning a TV
>>
File: bale wat.webm (121KB, 476x268px) Image search: [Google]
bale wat.webm
121KB, 476x268px
>>71102599
>if you dislike your nations broadcaster you can refuse to pay for them
>>
Maybe they should need an Internet licence too, now that most of the developed world rely on the internet for information and shows more than TV.
>>
TV license makes perfect sense to keep the national broadcasting service as separate from the governing institution as possible.

Here they want to kill the TV license so the funds for broadcasting come directly from the treasury so Likud cronies can extort and take over the IBA and turn it into a shitty propaganda tool.
>>
File: JUST.png (383KB, 1188x1256px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
383KB, 1188x1256px
Our government is currently working on cucking the ones avoiding the licence (by watching online-TV/not owning a TV), by introducing a media tax for all households/individuals.

Fuck this gay country.
>>
>>71102401
medielicens, min ven
>>71102469
isn't it because you have to have a license for a tv even if you don't own a box?
>>
>>71105243
no

here you only need it if you're specifically watching live broadcast television. if you just have a tv for video games etc, you don't need a license.

like i said here >>71102545 other countries like italy are way worse so we are not really deserving of the meme
>>
>>71102401
It's just the name for the tax you pay for state television jesus.
>>
>>71102401
in norway most people cut the cord to avoid it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.