[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fukushima nuclear disaster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: fukusima-accident.jpg (266KB, 1247x831px) Image search: [Google]
fukusima-accident.jpg
266KB, 1247x831px
Number of Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) executives and employees prosecuted so far: 0

TEPCO executives or employees who are under ongoing criminal inquiry: 0

Care to explain?
>>
>>71090624
But there has been no person who violate any laws in TEPCO. No way to accuse them.
>>
because it was caused by an unprecedented scale of earthquake and tsunami.
>>
>>71090838
>>71090826
Not following government order to use sea water to cool the reactors because the execs feared they may not be able to refurbish the reactor is not a serious enough crime to prosecute in Japan?
>>
>>71090922
yeah, that made us really mad, but unfortunately, like I said, they didn't violate Japanese laws, so it's impossible to punish them.
>>
>>71090922
that was not an order but a suggestion. also, it's known that meltdown had already started before that anyway.
>>
>>71090838
Yeah, I agree with you. The Earthquake and tsunami was unprecedented and anti-nuclear power groups somehow say it's the powerplant at fault. However, now that we know the upper limit of earthquakes in Japan, all reactors should be retrofitted to withstand it.
>>
>>71091267
I personally think we shouldn't restart any nuclear plants in Japan. We can't know the upper limit of Tsunami which can occur in future (bigger Tsunami could occur, and no one can know it).
>>
>>71091267
It is their fault. They put their cool down engines in a manner which could be flooded even after concerns were raised. Read up on the incident.
>>
File: 26058009536.jpg (108KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
26058009536.jpg
108KB, 640x427px
>>71090624
Cosmo Oil Chiba Refinery
35.537047, 140.057422
>>
>>71091974
a latest analysis shows that meltdown in the reactor-1 started as early as four hours after tsunami hit, which means it was almost impossible for them to avoid it, as the station was under SBO (station black out) that disables most of readouts at that point and nobody knew what's happening in the reactor. actually, this can be attributed to a faulty design of GE Mark-I reactor, notorious for its very short margin of containment vessel (which they improved in the next Mark-II design) and as a result its low tolerance for emergency. plus, it's GE that installed diesel engines underground, overruling japanese concerns and hating design changes to push up the cost in the first place. reactor-1's fast meltdown and explosion ruined the site more and hindered recovery works.
>>
>>71091510
Wasn't there a standing stone or something in a forest near Fukushima that basically stating to not build anything below there on the coast?
>>
File: 110429tsunamiwarningsstone1.jpg (408KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
110429tsunamiwarningsstone1.jpg
408KB, 640x360px
>>71092658
It is not near from the Fukushima plant.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.